Dilemma concerning scar pred!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you're not missing out on much if you don't have the first AVP Preds. I made no hesitation to sell off my Ani-com Scar to pay some tuition bills.

Wow, I had no idea Scar sold for that much. I was gonna say no its not worth it, but i guess he sells for much more than that. Glad I got mine at retail when they originally sold from Sideshow.

wow. ya know what's so messed up is that one could get a reg Scar and the Elder (that's the one w/ the screaming head right? if not then whichever has the screaming) for quite a bit less than that, and then they'd have both heads AND all the other stuff. only thing different in the Ani and a regular Scar is that head.

Well, that, and the packaging, blood on the 'closed mouth' head and a limited edition.

wow. ya know what's so messed up is that one could get a reg Scar and the Elder (that's the one w/ the screaming head right? if not then whichever has the screaming) for quite a bit less than that

Only problem is you'd have to repaint the Elder's head, including the dreadlocks, to get an 'unmasked' Scar - which is probably beyond most people's abilities.

Personally, I didn't rate the Ani-Com version compared to the regular one. Yes, you got the roaring head, but without the extra bulk provided by the Elder's cloak it looks rather odd IMO. The Ani-Com version also came with inflexible plastic hands rather than the rubber ones of the basic Scar, and the massive bladed feet of the Chopper / Ancient Predators rather than the movie-accurate ones of the original version. I actually sold my Ani-Com and bought a regular Scar - I am much happier with the result (and about £80 better off overall...).

a hot toys scar pred for $167 EURO shipped to my location. That translates to roughly $255 us in total.
That's pretty much what the Predator 2 Elder is at retail price. I'd consider yourself lucky to get Scar at that price.

Back