Die Hard 5 trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no. die hard 2 was excellent. it was nowhere on par with 1, but nothing can ever be. still, 2 was pretty damned good in its own right and most importantly DID feel like a die hard film. the subsequent films did not.

I dunno, 3 really worked for me. John McClane still looked and talked like John McClane, they managed to plausibly explain how this poor New York cop gets wrapped up in a terrorist plot yet again. Jeremy Irons played a good villain, Sam Jackson was a great sidekick, certainly better than the chap from the next film. The soundtrack was consistent. I don't get why anyone has a problem with 3 apart from maybe an unsatisfactory death for the villain but even that isn't something that bothered me personally.

I dunno, 3 really worked for me. John McClane still looked and talked like John McClane, they managed to plausibly explain how this poor New York cop gets wrapped up in a terrorist plot yet again. Jeremy Irons played a good villain, Sam Jackson was a great sidekick, certainly better than the chap from the next film. The soundtrack was consistent. I don't get why anyone has a problem with 3 apart from maybe an unsatisfactory death for the villain but even that isn't something that bothered me personally.

actually, i did enjoy 3 for what it's worth. agree about the chemistry between sam jackson and willis. and the action was ok. but the film did not have the sense of urgency that 1 and 2 had. in those, u really felt like mcclane was trapped and had no choice but to play hero. in 3, he was being targeted but the sprawling feel of running around new york kinda dissipated the tension. and worst of all, the way the big bad was killed off at the end was plain WEAK.

the weakest villain's ending of all is still "yippee-kye-yay, mother(gunshot)" in 4. seriously, WTF was that bullcrap man?? ugh.

With a Vengeance is actually my second favourite of the franchise after the original. My ranking often changes between 1, 3, 2, 4 and 1, 3, 4, 2.

Back to 3, the chemistry between Samuel L Jackson and Willis is great as said by others, but I also felt that everything else about the film (minus the somewhat anti-climactic end) is solid. I liked the action, I loved the riddles that they had to solve in order to progress, and I actually liked the link between Simon and Hans even if it was cliche a tad. It helped the reason to believe why this would happen again to McClane of all people. There was that previous score to settle.

If they can slip a "go **** yourself" into X-men first class. I hope they can slip McClane's signature line into this movie. It's censoring in the last film saddened me.

Fully agreed here. As I said in an earlier post, DH4.0 wasn't amazing but it was a good action film in my opinion. At no point did I feel inclined to turn it off out of boredom, however it just didn't feel like a Die Hard. Had they used his signature line I'm sure it would've made it feel slightly more like it should have.

Fully agreed here. As I said in an earlier post, DH4.0 wasn't amazing but it was a good action film in my opinion. At no point did I feel inclined to turn it off out of boredom, however it just didn't feel like a Die Hard. Had they used his signature line I'm sure it would've made it feel slightly more like it should have.

Yeah, I enjoyed 4. Sure a lot of it was over the top, but it was fun. That one moment though, I just kind of went "....aw..." :lol

For me the series plays out like this

DIE HARD - By far the best of the series. Hell it's the greatest action film of all time with only Raiders of the Lost ark being close.

Live Free or DIE HARD - John is such a bad ass in this one. Just coming after the men who took his daughter and killing whoever gets in his way. The only real over the top scene is the surfing on the wing of a plane. Everything else is practicle effects and looks great. McClane has th best lines since the first film and it has by far the best action since the first film. Justin Long is fine in it also. He plays a geek and that fits perfect. The back and forth between him an McClane is entertaining. Oh and I thought Timothy Olyphant was a great modern day villian. I keep reading that people say this one is over the top. I just say "No more then the rest of them"

DIE HARD with a Vengence - This one is close to being a great Die Hard film but it's lack of McClane fighting the bad guys one on one really hurts the film. As I said it is just him running around the city. It has some moments (the Elevator with the three thugs, the car chase in the rain) but thats about it. He finally has his big fight with the main henchmen and that turns out to be such a edited looking let down.

DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER - Hell it even has te worst title. I find this film and it's slow motion action to be unwatchable now. It was good back in the day but it really has no good qualities. It has by far the cheesiest dialogue and the worst villians. Just a typical Renny Harlin film that is only a step above Long Kiss Goodnight and Cutthroat Island.

Renny's Die Hard rip off Cliffhanger was much better.

For me the series plays out like this

DIE HARD - By far the best of the series. Hell it's the greatest action film of all time with only Raiders of the Lost ark being close.

Live Free or DIE HARD - John is such a bad ass in this one. Just coming after the men who took his daughter and killing whoever gets in his way. The only real over the top scene is the surfing on the wing of a plane. Everything else is practicle effects and looks great. McClane has th best lines since the first film and it has by far the best action since the first film. Justin Long is fine in it also. He plays a geek and that fits perfect. The back and forth between him an McClane is entertaining. Oh and I thought Timothy Olyphant was a great modern day villian. I keep reading that people say this one is over the top. I just say "No more then the rest of them"

DIE HARD with a Vengence - This one is close to being a great Die Hard film but it's lack of McClane fighting the bad guys one on one really hurts the film. As I said it is just him running around the city. It has some moments (the Elevator with the three thugs, the car chase in the rain) but thats about it. He finally has his big fight with the main henchmen and that turns out to be such a edited looking let down.

DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER - Hell it even has te worst title. I find this film and it's slow motion action to be unwatchable now. It was good back in the day but it really has no good qualities. It has by far the cheesiest dialogue and the worst villians. Just a typical Renny Harlin film that is only a step above Long Kiss Goodnight and Cutthroat Island.

I pretty much agree with this post entirely, although 4 and 3 jockey for 2nd place with me. And Raiders doesn't trail anything, it is the best film of all time in its genre; Adventure. :) I really don't get the hate for the 4th. Of all the recent revivals/decade later sequels, I thought DH4 was the strongest. It did have some elements that annoyed me, and didn't quite jive with the original DH films, but it was just damn entertaining. Also, McClane was an "analog cop in a digital world," so that disjointed feeling even worked for me on a certain level. Not sure about this next adventure, but I'll give it a chance!

Funny, I love Die Hard 2. Almost as much as part 1. Great score by Kamen too. Part 2 had the same feel as the first one to me.

Part 3 is where it went downhill. They ruined his character and it did not feel like a Die Hard movie.

Not a fan of part 4 either...just was not feeling it at all. Way too many things forced and over the top for me.

I dunno but she was the first indicator to me that Die Hard 5 is probably going to be exactly the same as Die Hard 4. The first 3 films never felt the need to titilate with hot action chicks. Thats a noughties thing.

Last edited:
who is the girl?

Yuliya Snigir

yuliya.bmp

Die Hard was never about this bull****.

What, you don't remember all the slow-mo catsuit stripping Holly McClane did in 1 and 2?? They were the best parts of those movies. :monkey1

article-0-155ABA97000005DC-452_634x599.jpg

^This is clearly an homage to similar moments laced throughout Die Hards 1-3 and not pandering to the teenage male audience in any way, shape or form.

Last edited:
I liked the scene where Nakatomi exploded and Holly's blouse shot off in slow motion, and her boobies jiggled in the wind/

Back