Die Hard 5 trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you disliked the 4th, why do you think this will be any better? It's still going to be PG-13. And still going to have over the top action.

I liked 4, so I'll probably check this one out.

Normally I don't care whether or not there's a lot of swearing in movies, but after watching Die Hard a few weeks ago, I have to admit there is a certain 'charm' about it. :lol

If you disliked the 4th, why do you think this will be any better? It's still going to be PG-13. And still going to have over the top action.

The 4th one was too tech based, focusing on the interwebs, and although we don't know what this one is about, from the trailer it looks like a 007 setup with Bruce Willis at the helm. I also love that it's set in Europe.

I just hope it's not another case of a realy cool trailer and a sub par film.

Now they're bringing in the estranged son. :lol

Also, the director is terrible. Hasn't made a good movie yet. If Live Free hobbled the series, this one looks to cripple it.

anyone know where this one is set?

i quite liked the fourth one, even if it didn't really feel like mcclane or a die hard movie. there were moments when he came through. i'm gonna hope that even if this one is terrible, at the very least mcclane is back to his chirpy chappy quippy self.

I agree that the last time we saw McClane was in Vengeance. This doesn't look horrible but seems totally generic to me. I'll probably catch it when it airs on FX like I did with Live Free Die Hard.

anyone know where this one is set?

i quite liked the fourth one, even if it didn't really feel like mcclane or a die hard movie. there were moments when he came through. i'm gonna hope that even if this one is terrible, at the very least mcclane is back to his chirpy chappy quippy self.

Moscow. He's fighting 'dem commies!:hi5:

I'm starting to wonder would it be possible at all to make a decent Die Hard film today.

In the first film he was an everyman cop stuck in a bad situation. The second film put the same everyman cop into a similar situation but acknowledged the coincidence of it all within the film itself, the third film made itself plausible by tying to the first film with Hans Grubers brother out for revenge on this same everyman cop.

The 4th film didn't really have a reason explaining how once again everyman cop John McClane gets roped into another big terrorist plot nor did it acknowledge any kind of absurd coincidence. The fifth film probably won't either. Not to mention that McClane is no longer an everyman. The more ridiculously OTT you make the action the more superheroic your character has to be to survive it. He's the Terminator now.

Looks good to me.

The Die Hard franchise are some of my all time favourite films, and whilst 4.0 didn't feel like a Die Hard, it's still a good action flick starring Bruce Willis which makes it okay to me. Same goes for this. It looks like a good action film with Willis as main role, just doesn't appear to be "Die Hard-ish". Still going to watch and support it though.

Oh come on another 1 are you sure?

I think the first 2 were good.
3 was ok, 4 I've watched once and was bored.

It's run it's course imo but people will still go watch it.

The last Die Hard I liked was Die Hard with a Vengeance. These last two, I dunno. Too showy and it's like McClane breaks the 4th wall or something. I don't see John McClane anymore in these, all I see is Bruce Willis, especially with the baldness. The action was cool in Die Hard 4 I guess, so that will probably be a plus in this one.
It's still going to be PG-13. And still going to have over the top action.

Nuff said.

Have no plans to watch this at cinema or home.

Die Hard is one of, if not the greatest action movie ever. It's got just the right amount of suspense, humor, heart, explosions.

DH2 was a stupid formulaic follow up that retreaded way too much ground and had way too many similarities and little in the way of balls. It also heavily depends on what we already know of John and Holly's relationship from the first and assumes we will just overlook all of the character development for more of John shooting terrorists. It's kinda like a video game version of DH1.

DH3 made a much better effort in terms of doing something differant, while still maintaining a feel of the DH universe already established and actually trying to expand on John's story and personality a bit. Instead of the tired wrong place/right time it still uses that idea but with the terrorist intentionally using it to his advantage instead of just blind dumb luck. The twist that it's not actually straight up revenge but just sort of conveinant to his evil plot also helped immensely.

DH4 was just plain awful. John is now a superhero who's fighting to save the entire US/World against a threat that's not even real(a virus) and the Mac kid was maybe the most awful call in the history of movie partnerships.

At this point you can't harm the franchise anymore, the first is always going to be an iconic classic so do what you please but it all just seems stupid and way past it's expiration date to me.

I'm starting to wonder would it be possible at all to make a decent Die Hard film today.

In the first film he was an everyman cop stuck in a bad situation.

Yep and therefore by definition it's a movie that doesn't cater to being turned into a never-ending series. The whole charm of the first movie is that he's a regular guy in a once in a lifetime scenario. Turning him into Morpheus from the Matrix as he obliterates motorcades on freeways is just plain dumb.

john moore is a hack so i have absolutely zero faith that this will be any good. i'd like to be pleasantly surprised but that's probably not going to happen. also, john mcclane just isn't john mcclane without hair. it's just bruce willis playing bruce willis, like he has been in every single movie for the last decade.

The problem with Die Hard 4 is that the movie Bruce made with the Wayans brother seemed more like a Die Hard movie than part 4 did.

This preview looks to have the action and explosions covered, now I wanna see the grit and the dry humor.

The problem with Die Hard 4 is that the movie Bruce made with the Wayans brother seemed more like a Die Hard movie than part 4 did.

This preview looks to have the action and explosions covered, now I wanna see the grit and the dry humor.

You're referring to The Last Boy Scout and I agree that did feel like a Die Hard movie. Bruce did essentially play John McClane in that one. And it was ****ing brilliant.

The reason people don't get the John McClane feel from the newer Die Hards, is because Willis was just playing himself in those earlier movies as well, but he actually had charisma back then. He's still just playing himself in all of his films, nothing has changed in that regard, except that like Harrison Ford, all of the charm and screen presence has vanished, and he now simply walks through performances to pick up paychecks.

Back