Die Hard 5 trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That mention of Last Boy Scout actually got me thinking. It's a great film, the character Bruce plays is John McClane in all but name and career background. I really wish that had simply been turned into a Die Hard film. I think it pre-dates DH:With a Vengeance so it could have been the 3rd film.

And what would have made it unique from 1 and 2 is that it doesn't deal with terrorists. Which is fine...and believable. Why does McClane always have to come up against terrorists? He's just a police detective. Well in Last Boy Scout he's a private investigator/bodyguard but that could have easily been changed.

And then Die Hard 4 could have gone back to terrorists and been what we actually got in Die Hard 3 - Simon Gruber looking for some payback for his brother.

Live Free or Die Hard was a million times better then Die Hard 2 and a half amiilion times better then Die Hard 3.

Why people give grief to 4 if beyond me. To me it is the only true sequal in tone to the original. I don't want to hear..."But it does not take place in one building"... F that. it was the only film that got what Die hard was all about. 2 and 3 are jokes IMO.

If 5 is a good as 4 I will be a happy man!!

Live Free or Die Hard was a million times better then Die Hard 2 and a half amiilion times better then Die Hard 3.

Why people give grief to 4 if beyond me. To me it is the only true sequal in tone to the original. I don't want to hear..."But it does not take place in one building"... F that. it was the only film that got what Die hard was all about. 2 and 3 are jokes IMO.

If 5 is a good as 4 I will be a happy man!!

:dunno I have completely the opposite view. I think 2 and 3 were much more in line with the first film. Bruce Willis shares your view...I just don't see it.

So will this be the swan song for John McClane? Or will we get Die Hard 6? Or a remake of the original?

I do want him to go through the ringer again, that's part of Johns charm, he just won't stop no matter how beat up and out gunned he is.
He looks like he needs to get bloodied up more and he needs to have some skin in the game. Hopefully they'll kill his son in the story for some needed gravitas.

Looks cool and I love this series as a whole. The only one I didn't care for was DH3.

1. DH 2
2. DH 1
3. DH 4
4. DH 3

Wow another one?? how old is Bruce Willis??? it feels like watching grandpa fire off a few rounds and then taking his blood pressure medicine.

Yea I'm with you there just need to stop making them.

Actually, they need to make whatever they want and you need to decide if you don't want to see it and let others do the same.

:dunno I have completely the opposite view. I think 2 and 3 were much more in line with the first film. Bruce Willis shares your view...I just don't see it.

That cool. Personally I hate part 2. I liked it back in the day when it first came out and it does have the Die HArd look but the film itself is just awful IMO. Bad villians, bad script, bad directing, just bad. Bruce was great though. Die HArd 3 just does not feel like a Die HArd film. He was just running around the city stopping bombs. There was no great John vs the Bad guys one on one moments. Well there was one. The scene in the Elevator was pretty great but that was about it. Everything else was a fight from a distance.

Looks cool and I love this series as a whole. The only one I didn't care for was DH3.

1. DH 2
2. DH 1
3. DH 4
4. DH 3

ferris.gif

This series was played out by 1989.

The last flick played like a comedic punishment.

Personally I hate part 2. I liked it back in the day when it first came out and it does have the Die HArd look but the film itself is just awful IMO. Bad villians, bad script, bad directing, just bad.

^So much this. Need to stop a jumbo jet from taking off? Just shoot out the glass in the cockpit.
Simple. No prolonged fights on the wing as the jet taxis down a twenty mile runway . . . :nono

Renny Harlin is an uber-hack.

_____

Back