1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
I honestly can't say it was the shield. Mine was perfect but I had to box it up and the only way it would fit in my closet is if I put it vertically. Then I got scared about the shield so I took it out again, no damage. Then I realized that I had bubble wrap so I put it under so I have no worries but unless people are missing some foam in there, I can't really say I blame the shield for the damage. Seems like something else.

OK ppl get with the program. Yes it is a poll but pictures ..... pictures.... or it didn't happen!
But seriously in a situation like this the more facts are presented the better. I like to see potentially a composite of all damages overlaid to get an idea of the "hot spots" and potentially the source of the damage ;) ok I am half serious as it be difficult to get everyone to try to take the same picture eg crop and angle

Plus your sounding as if it will make a difference. HT and SS don't care. What is all this documentation going to solve? I don't understand the obsession here.

Can someone please run their fingers along the front lower lip under the headlights to feel if they have any scratches.

I just found one on the right lip. :(

Mine arrived in good shape. There is a slight rub mark on the driver's side that is only noticeable under certain light, but otherwise it is fine. The protective plastic on the cocoon, however, is significantly marked up, but the plastic seems to have done its job, leaving underneath in good condition.

No issues here, all is good, i was sweating bullets opening it thou'; after reading all these issues, phew; but I have to agree with you guys, why didn't' they just put plastic between batmobile and the shield??? would have cost what 5 cents?

No issues here, all is good, i was sweating bullets opening it thou'; after reading all these issues, phew; but I have to agree with you guys, why didn't' they just put plastic between batmobile and the shield??? would have cost what 5 cents?

The popular opinion is that it was something during assembly that caused the marks not the packaging.

Just opened mine and inspected it... I didn't notice any damage at all.

Didn't know there was thick foam under the shield. :)

I managed to inspect it in store but only because weather was bad and no customers expected to come in. Proofed to be challenging as in hardly enough space to lay out the box. It is a beauty. Shield had plenty scuffs and rips on the film but the underlying plastic seem fine. No way those scuffs were from shipping. As for the batmobile no scuffs to be found. I didn't bother checking under the lil window. As for shield damaging the vehicle sorry but I just don't see it. the shield has no sharp edges anywhere near the damaged area to cause that kind of damage. Hope from now on all others will arrive safely as this is a beauty!!!
Have faith I think the guy who took it out on our poor Batmobile is gone
PS pictures will be posted in other thread

Last edited:
mine is damaged shipped from BBTS. Anyone contacted them about this yet?

View attachment 64887

attachment.php

Last edited:
i just opened mine. shipped from BBTS and it has 2 very very minor 'blemishes'. one on each side, i wouldn't describe them as scratches. they are in the same area that everybody is reporting the scratching.

this is nothing i cannot live with, they really are very minor and not easily visable. for this reason i voted undamaged.

Opened mine from sideshow! Gorgeous car! This thing is incredible!
10/10 flawless car.

i just opened mine. shipped from BBTS and it has 2 very very minor 'blemishes'. one on each side, i wouldn't describe them as scratches. they are in the same area that everybody is reporting the scratching.

this is nothing i cannot live with, they really are very minor and not easily visable. for this reason i voted undamaged.

Doesn't matter if you can live with it it STILL arrived damaged and in less than perfect condition.

This is just ****ing depressing.

HT, this is what you do for a living, this is your sole purpose in life, how can you not get this right.

How can you treat your customers in this manner after an 18 month wait for the product.

Do you expect loyalty from your customers?

This is just ****ing depressing.

HT, this is what you do for a living, this is your sole purpose in life, how can you not get this right.

How can you treat your customers in this manner after an 18 month wait for the product.

Do you expect loyalty from your customers?

Yeah after dropping $750, it's not OUR job to fix THEIR QC issues. So tired of this crap. Rubber rot on Aliens, ED-209, Dark Knight Batsuit, defective lights on the Tron Lightcycle, pink panties on Iron Man, the list goes on... and they keep raising their prices with no end in sight.

It's no wonder we are seeing more people getting out of this hobby.

Got this from Sideshow today this is BULLSh**!!!!!!!

Hello Charles,

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your 1989 Batmobile as is, we can offer you a $75.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $65.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Thank You,

Back