1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
Could this damage be from an unpadded factory work-station where they invert the vehicle to do work on the underside? This is just too consistent a scratch

Yeah the fact these marks seem to be in the same place in every case would support your theory. If it were workers accidently scraping a tool off it surely the marks would occur in a multitude of locations.

Last edited:
I believe the consistency in the marks is related to the edges on the underside of the shield where there is no padding. I can see on the underneath of the shield where the rubbing happened.

Also interesting is the fact that only the ones that have been shipped have problems....if it were a factory assembly issue, more buyers from China would be up in arms, but in fact, there is little to no mention of it on Hot Toys FB page.

I'm pretty sure the scuff marks are caused by the shield. I swear my scuff wasn't there when I first inspected it upon opening the box. After covering it with the shield as a "dust cover" it was there. I could live with it. It's not as bad as the deep scratches I've seen on others.

As for the glue residue on the round windows, that was definitely done at the factory. It's ugly, and detracts from the presentation of the piece and is unacceptable.

WOW!! Thanks to u guys, I canceled mine after been reading this forums for the last 2 days :) I don't care for the Non refund deposit ($63) I paid :) This batmobile looks too bluky and now with all the problems everybody are having :( Lucky me I bought the Toynami version last years :) But I feel you pain guys , that suck! :(

Last edited:
I picked mine up at FedEx today expecting the worst; brought it home, unboxed it and found the entire thing to be in perfect, pristine condition. My order was through Alter Ego Comics. One of the two straps of plastic that wraps around the canopy wasn't in place. The box was in great shape and didn't appear to have ever had pressure applied to the top of it. I suspect I got one from the top of the pile.

I picked mine up at FedEx today expecting the worst; brought it home, unboxed it and found the entire thing to be in perfect, pristine condition. My order was through Alter Ego Comics. One of the two straps of plastic that wraps around the canopy wasn't in place. The box was in great shape and didn't appear to have ever had pressure applied to the top of it. I suspect I got one from the top of the pile.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i1cJIwE7M[/ame]

:lol

Actually maybe this one is more appropriate:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG63OtsKC7k[/ame]

Got mine... Big hole in the side of box (both the shipper and display), plus 2 light scratches on the canopy's side. Not as bad as some I have seen...but still there.

I sadly had to vote damaged... Though I am still floored by this piece of art.

Sallah

Actually maybe this one is more appropriate
lol, yeah I was lucky. Almost feel guilty getting an unscratched one when so many people aren't so lucky. It's truly frustrating that Hot Toys didn't just take one additional precaution when packaging this piece; I really do believe a simple sheet of that fabric foam (the stuff they put between the finished boards when you purchase unassembled furniture) between the car and the shield would have gotten the job done.

Got mine... Big hole in the side of box (both the shipper and display), plus 2 light scratches on the canopy's side. Not as bad as some I have seen...but still there.

I sadly had to vote damaged... Though I am still floored by this piece of art.

Sallah

I have the same issue. I believe a lot of the paint problem is caused by the paint not being fully cured before the shield being placed over it and the least bit of pressure that is applied to the top of the box is making an impression from the edge of the foam under the shield to the uncured paint on the canopy and is producing the two vertical marks that we see on the car.

Got mine undamaged. I put in my whole report on how I picked it up and from where on the regular thread. Thanks to the info, I received here I put a plastic covering in between the shield and batmobile after inspecting it at the store for further protection from the travel to my home. I inspected it a second time at home and still looks pretty good.

Good Luck,guys. AFter I find a place to display it I will go over it once more.

Picked mine up from CSC not bad for $612. Totally flawless! I even checked using the flash from my phone so you know it's legit if it passes the flash test lol. First thing I checked was the canopy, no damage or scuffs, I inspected one before hand, no canopy damage but the hood, had some ruff scuff like it was sanded, checked the second one and practically perfect! Other than standard hairline scratches found with the flash on my phone, perfect! Good luck to those who received damaged ones! Sorry to hear about the QC issues but at least there's hope!

okay - just to update. took it out of the box for a complete inspection. No damages or scuffs or sanded out areas. Put some batteries in and lights are all working, nice and bright.

okay - just to update. took it out of the box for a complete inspection. No damages or scuffs or sanded out areas. Put some batteries in and lights are all working, nice and bright.

Bro,I was the one who picked it up from CSC, we spoke, you have the red convertible Camaro?

Speaking of which, I couldn't believe Hot Toys was too cheap to include three AAA batteries in a $600 item!

Seriously? You want to further risk damage to these with the potential for battery leakage? :cuckoo:

Battery leakage usually happens when you leave them in contact with the terminals for too long. When items ship with batteries included, they are carefully packaged in a separately within the box...not actually installed in contact with the terminals. And if they are "in" the actual electronic item, there is usually a pull out strip preventing them from making contact with the terminals.

With all of the electronics issues like defective LED's and loose wires that have occurred on so many of Hot Toys products, I'd rather put them in myself. If you can afford to spring for a $700 toy, you can splurge a few bucks for batteries.

Back