1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
Here are pics of mine so certain powers that be don't think we are just "trolling" Hot Toys/Sideshow

Sent an email off to BBTS to see how they want to handle this...

I would really like to know what is causing these scratches. for some reason I am imagining a claw machine with sand paper tips grabbing the chassis while they assemble it.

I am also probably about to take the risk of returning mine and getting a new one.

Circling the carnage like a vulture.
:lol
Hey it's a win for him if he scores one for a cheap price and can leave with the marks but I can't imagine anyone wanting to ship this out unless if it was returning it.

I would really like to know what is causing these scratches. for some reason I am imagining a claw machine with sand paper tips grabbing the chassis while they assemble it.
Buster's working the assembly line:

tumblr_m6ofgd4I1q1rvsnj6o1_500.png

Got this from Sideshow today this is BULLSh**!!!!!!!

Hello Charles,

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your 1989 Batmobile as is, we can offer you a $75.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $65.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Thank You,

I thought you got a good one Titan? Sucks not to get replacements, but it could be worse. I want this so bad, but can't mustard up the courage to order one.

Mine came with a minor scuff on the left side of the canopy. So minor that I thought it was in mint condition until I looked extremely closely. I'm usually OCD about this stuff, but I don't mind this all that much.

I got lucky and got one without any problems. Masterpiece is what I call it.

Still haven't heard from SS about my damage. :(

It wil be a week tomorrow when I reported it.

You already know what they are going to say. Credit or return. Sucks though that we have to wait to send these back and then wait for our refunds.

Very concerned looking over this thread. When I put my order in, I hope I get a good one. Or Hot Toys realizes that they need to do a bit more to assure that all of these arrive flawless for the price.

Mine came with a minor scuff on the left side of the canopy. So minor that I thought it was in mint condition until I looked extremely closely. I'm usually OCD about this stuff, but I don't mind this all that much.

That's exactly how I'd describe the damage on mine that I just received. It's very small, but I still voted that I had damage because it's not perfect. :(

Could this damage be from an unpadded factory work-station where they invert the vehicle to do work on the underside? This is just too consistent a scratch.

This sucks. I can't risk buying this without seeing in a bricks and mortar store--to much $$$.

I feel bad for you guys with faulty merch.:(

I really do suspect the damage occurred when they stacked them all on top of one another on their way over to North America. The ones on top of the stack came over blemish-free; the ones underneath had their shield pressed against their cars under the weight of the units above it.

I tend to agree with you. Extra weight on top, combined with all the shifting and moving of the pallets caused the edges of the cocoon to rub against the chassis where there was no foam, as the shield is a rather snug fit. Really a shame too, because for just a few cents more HT could've foamed the entire underside of the shield & prevented all this, because the car itself was packaged pretty darn well.

A classic case of being penny-wise and pound-foolish. :slap :gah:

Back