DChung's EMIT BROWN, time traveler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definatly agree that a TT Narrow/ Kevin Flynn body would be the best option for this. With that said, you may want to consider tailoring the arms just a bit tighter of a fit, considering its currently on what I believe to be a muscle body and already looks a bit loose.

If you do choose to offer these in the future, please count me in for a radiaton suit outfit.

Agree, we noted that. The arms are a little long too, as well as loose. The cuffs will be longer as well. The lapel on the dickey will be a tad smaller as well. These are first-gen... later iterations will be much better! Thanks!

Hi Dan, everything looks amazing so far! :hi5:

I'm using a Truetype narrow for my Doc. Will you be offering any of these pieces of the outfit? I just realized I had made an assumption that you were :lol I would be interested in everything but the radiation suit (as I already have one) if you are :pray:

I'll get you squared away as best I can, Dane.

Keep in mind, though, that we are tailoring each piece, with respect to how it fits with the radiation suit, drape/fitting/bulkiness-wise. Also, we will be adding the black pants cuffs attached directly to the pant legs of the radiation suit. Like the dickey for the shirt, this should simplify production and hold costs lower (than if the entire, never-seen pants are tailored), while maintaining an impeccable visual presentation overall...

I can't make any guarantees, naturally, as to how this would all jibe with Beto's suit... as nice as it is.

Last edited:
I'll get you squared away as best I can, Dane.

Keep in mind, though, that we are tailoring each piece, with respect to how it fits with the radiation suit, drape/fitting/bulkiness-wise. Also, we will be adding the black pants cuffs attached directly to the pant legs of the radiation suit. Like the dickey for the shirt, this should simplify production and hold costs lower (than if the entire, never-seen pants are tailored), while maintaining an impeccable visual presentation overall...

I can't make any guarantees, naturally, as to how this would all jibe with Beto's suit... as nice as it is.

Ahhhh, I see! Well if you're tailoring it to the Narrow then I'm willing to take the leap and try out the components with Beto's suit. I'm alright with the pant legs not showing, the cuffs on Beto break on the shoe anyhow. :)

Appreciate your work as always :duff

And that body is nice by the way, it's actually a straight recast of the Truetype I believe :lol A little more loose than the original TT, but still excellent.

Truetype narrow it is. TTM18.
Thanks for corroborating, fellas.

However... have any of you checked out the Headplay version, which claims to be very similar to the TTM18? It's less than half the price of a TTM18...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Made-Narrow-Shoulder-1-6-Figure-Body-HeadPlay-TTL-Hot-Toys-TTM19-TTM18-/320864138774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab4fe3616#ht_5332wt_962

Headplay bodies are great, although I did have to drill out the hand peg hole to use HT hands. Body is a little shiny as well - but at $15 its easy enough to dry brush or dulcote if you are worried about it

Been working on the head yesterday and today...

This is the look I'm going for:

BttF_pic5.jpg

WIP pics soon!

NICE! Can't wait to see it. If I remember correctly this pic is when he's saying something like "In about 2 minutes you'r about to see some serious ____" lol

That's a cool expression Dan. I'd also love to see something more wide eyed, like this:
DocBrown.jpg

Last edited:
is there something wrong with the earths gravitational pull in the future?
this looks great cant wait to see the head sculpt

I love your Braveheart custom figure. Just put me on the list. I know it is gonna be great.

Boy oh boy, Christopher Lloyd is tough to nail down... his face is so rubbery that there's literally no two reference photos of the same expression (from different angles...) I had to turn on the movie, which doesn't help that much...

At various stages, the sculpt reminded me of Sean Connery (raised eyebrow), Robert DeNiro (mole), John Malkovich, ____ Van Dyke, and Lance Henriksen... and I'm like, "No, no, no... You stupid wax... I want you to look like Doc Brown!"

Still not sure if I've nailed it, but I suspect the wild white hair will complete the look and improve the resemblance... (I hope!)

photo2-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Back