DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Yeah i have a feeling all of the quality control e-mails and broken returns has DC Collectibles in a panic because Wave 2 was probably made exactly the same as wave 1 - - - back to the drawing board, huh? haha

Well, day 4. I've probably re posed him about twenty times and still no issues. Found them locally today, but I couldn't decide between Catwoman or Two Face. Which would you guys get?

@the mike-this is the BTAS version and its langstrom not the wife also he didn't show up in TNBA so no re-design on him.

Ah, thanks. I was trying to stick only TNBA but I might have to get Man-Bats (which will undoubtedly lead to more) because I really like the way the figure looks.

Hope they make a Batmobile.

Me too. Honestly though I always preferred The New Batman Adventures version:

IMG-20110916-00034.jpg

No, wave two with joker has been push back to a later date. just got word from fwoosh that wave 2 is now TBD, it was suppose to come out next week (1/7) but not anymore.

From what I've read that wave is due out in March? At least that is what most sites are listing now.

I think I might get Mr. Freeze next. I really like the way he looks and the neat little head spider attachment.

Well, I just decided to order the first wave of 4.
The figures look too cool to pass on, and with a further 8 in the wings, should make a nice companion set for the 60s TV set in the cabinet.

Me too. Honestly though I always preferred The New Batman Adventures version:

View attachment 155879

Blasphemy. We can't be friends anymore. No no....that was the anger speaking. It's cool man. Some people like coke and some people like pepsi. We can all get along.

So much for my "good" Batman.

dcb1410a-624e-4541-84f5-3dd58fe542fd_zpsd3cf04ce.jpg

I was on the fence since the line was announced but this picture cements it. I'm not buying any of these. Just gonna be happy with my old Kenner collection. Simply NO EXCUSE for this nonsense. And even if they improve the future waves, Wave one with Batman is always gonna be crap unless they truly expect everyone to buy it again for THEIR mistakes. Nope. Sorry.

DC Collectibles won't change a thing about Wave 1 Batman. Even if they miraculously change the plastic and make them unbelievable, the Wave 1 stuff will be exactly the same even if it is released a hundred times in other waves. That's how they work. The best people can hope for is that the BTAS Batman is done with better materials (unlikely) and if that is the case that they produce another version of this Batman from a different title like a film or something. I can't tell you how many Hal Jordan Green Lanterns I have from different waves and offerings throughout the years that turn out to be exactly the same as the "Hard Traveling Heroes" first offering just with different paints.

Just opened my second Batman (BBTS sent out a new one) and it's right foot broke off as soon as I tried to move it after heating it up. I even had him out the packaging for several days before I tried to free the joints.

All the other joints worked...the right ankle is fubar.

Some of you have terrible luck. My Batman is still fine, and just picked up Catwoman today. No problems in either figure, outside of initial joint stiffness.

Got nothing to do with luck...or the lack thereof.

There's only two issues at play here...shoddy manufacturing and poor material selection.

On a side note, my second Catwoman turned out great!

DC still hasn't learned have they? Their original Killer Croc from the Arkham City line was fragile too. His arms would break off too because they were too "heavy" the shoulder pegs. :slap

Got Batman and Catwoman with no problems. I feel lucky, but I am afraid to pose either at this point.

I've been lucky too but as has been stated, I still worry about the quality longevity. I guess worse comes to worse, they'll be glued into little maquettes lol

Got nothing to do with luck...or the lack thereof.

There's only two issues at play here...shoddy manufacturing and poor material selection.

On a side note, my second Catwoman turned out great!

:lecture

I honestly hope all of you "lucky" folks don't experience any issues. But I was one of you, until I wasn't. :lol

It's going to happen to all of them eventually. Guaranteed. They're all made with the same cheap joints. It's only a question of when. Will it happen right out of the package or will it happen a few years from now on your shelf when you least expect it.

I've listed a few examples already, but here's another one. The epic scale 25" Balrog from the Epic Scale line. Recently, people have had boxed specimens break without even handling it. EVERY joint has broken down save for the elbows (since that's a different plastic).

Paraplegic NECA Balrog 25" Electronic Figure LOTR Needs TLC Home | eBay

This one wasn't even opened and the joint disintegrated.

image.jpg

I want to open mine, still yet to open them from Christmas, but don't want a one armed batman.

Guess i'll pass. I'm not paying for soon to be broken cheap crap. A shame.

It's going to happen to all of them eventually. Guaranteed. They're all made with the same cheap joints. It's only a question of when. Will it happen right out of the package or will it happen a few years from now on your shelf when you least expect it.

I've listed a few examples already, but here's another one. The epic scale 25" Balrog from the Epic Scale line. Recently, people have had boxed specimens break without even handling it. EVERY joint has broken down save for the elbows (since that's a different plastic).

Paraplegic NECA Balrog 25" Electronic Figure LOTR Needs TLC Home | eBay

This one wasn't even opened and the joint disintegrated.

View attachment 156169

****ing hell, these need to be shipped inside a lazerus canister. Wtf man.

I hope when wave 4 arrives they'll have addressed this. Otherwise this is the biggest waste of a line I've ever come across.

Back