DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

After long debate, I've decided to skip the 1st wave and hope a revision wave is released later down the road.

I can't gamble and get a broken figure after another and not be able to replace/return them. So, for now, my beloved animated series will have to wait. I certainly hope that wave 2 doesn't suffer from the same poor QC. There are 3 big BTAS characters that need to be perfect.

I think I'm going to open my Batman and Mr. Freeze and see what happens. Since I got them as gifts and didn't pay for them I'm not going to be as upset if/when they break.

I think I'm going to open my Batman and Mr. Freeze and see what happens. Since I got them as gifts and didn't pay for them I'm not going to be as upset if/when they break.

Be really, really careful with the wrists. They are super tight. Once you get them moving, they're fine.

Got Batman and opened him up. He feels incredibly fragile. None of the joints move really and I wanted to switch capes and his head was so tightly attached that I gave up and decided just to stick him on the stand. He looks amazing, very nostalgic and well made but I feel like he'd break if I look at him wrong. Still undecided whether or not I'll get the right of Wave 1 but I'll definitely get a few from the upcoming waves. At minimum I'll get Batgirl and Robin from TNBA and Batman, Robin, Joker and Harley from BTAS

I got a response to a complaint to DC Collectibles about breakage and they are promising to change the plastic they are making these figures with to a much more durable plastic for future waves - so hopefully this is just a bumpy start to an otherwise awesome line as opposed to an early death sentence at the hands of bad quality control :)

I know this has been mentioned a thousand times already but heating up the figures just after opening really helps a tonne. The moment i opened my mr freeze i dropped him in a pot of boiling water i had prepared and all his joints worked fine with no breakage. Only thing is his ankle tilts are stuck but without thigh swivels his leg articulation isn't that great anyway.

Would like to see some obscure villains like Red Claw, the Clock King, Talia al Gul mixed into assortments.

Would anybody be up for an animated series Alfred?

Would like to see some obscure villains like Red Claw, the Clock King, Talia al Gul mixed into assortments.

Would anybody be up for an animated series Alfred?

I seriously want everybody.

Sallah

Alfred is a must. Even kenner/Hasbro got to him. I really want to see kiodai the ninja. Simple, but he got two episodes and I wanted a figure even then.

Does DCC have a history of revisiting waves that have had QC problems and reissuing figures with better-quality plastic and whatnot? Or is this just wishful thinking?

I'd be interested in Alfred, Clock King, Bullock, the Gray Ghost, Phantasm, HARDAC Batman, Kyodai Ken, and Gordon

I would never pay $25 for Red Claw, Milo, Talia Al Ghul, Ra's, Ubu, The Condiment King, Vertigo, Lock-Up, Tygrus, The Mad Bomber, Nostromos, Maxie Zues, or the Sewer King

Does DCC have a history of revisiting waves that have had QC problems and reissuing figures with better-quality plastic and whatnot? Or is this just wishful thinking?

I can't really speak to DC Collectibles as this is my first line with them since they changed from DC Direct but the older DC Direct used to re-issue figures all the time, but the problem was usually it was the exact same figure with no changes just put into a new line.

Any word on Man Bat? What's he coming packed with? Does he come with actual stretched out wings? Looks like all we're getting is folded up wings.

Man Bat looks awesome. Is he TBAS or TNBA? I'm too lazy to check.

I am thinking about buying this line... but after reading all the scary comments about snapping joints should I wait? Also how can I tell if the figure I'm buying is from the 1st batch, 2nd batch, etc.? Thanks.

No, wave two with joker has been push back to a later date. just got word from fwoosh that wave 2 is now TBD, it was suppose to come out next week (1/7) but not anymore.

Back