DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

So, regarding this new DC Collectibles line based on The Animated Series, I have to say I'm pretty much enjoying all of the TAS characters sculpt thus far.

I've bought Catwoman and I love it!
I was lucky to get one pretty perfect. No broken parts. Great painting. I got it online, so I was praying for it to come perfect. LOL

To me, DC Collectibles is upgrading Kenner's work, improving the figures. I see it as an update.
And several of the characters Kenner did not do justice, DCC is doing.
Let me explain.

I got almost all figures from the Kenner TAS line, and I have to say: several of them I never found 100% accurate.
The line was for children, not collectors.
Althought I loved them (and still do), several issues always bothered me. I'll tell:

To me, the only figures Kenner got 100% were Batman (combat belt), Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze (except for the ice gun and that "backpack" thing), Bane and Scarecrow.
I always hated the Kenner Two-Face and Riddler's sculpts. Jesus! What was that?! Two-Face has the left arm shorter than the right! LOL Catwoman missed her neck and what about those legs?!! A mess! Same for Poison Ivy and Phantasm. Ugh! Penguin looked nothing like the show and The Joker is ok, BUT that was actually the version from the comics book adaptation of the series and the promo art, not what he looks in the series.

I still got them all pretty mint (several I re-bought) and display them. I love them because of the nostalgia. They were my childhood figures.

So, to finally be getting a true TAS Joker, Riddler, Penguin and Two-Face (in the future) is a dream come true to me!

I'm currently binge watching the series working my way up to JLU, I think I'm so tempted to get the Batman and if he breaks, I'll call it quits from there.

Hi, everyone!

I'm new as a user, but I've read and followed the threads on this forum for a very, very long time.
As this thread here is the one I personally enjoy the most, I've decided to introduce myself here.
*Hope it's OK*

Like many of you here, I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series. Actually, Batman was the first character to whom I was introduced. Even though I also enjoyed the Disney movies of the 90's (collecting stuff based on them), Batman was the only character that I was always collecting something related to it, wheter it was action figures and stuff from TAS or from the 90's movies (Returns, Forever, B&R).
Batman was the only superhero (hero, because he has no powers, lol) in my childhood. I would only like another superhero with the X-Men movie in 2000.
Still, Batman remains my favorite hero, although I like the X-Men and Spider-Man now.
Besides Batman and superhero collections, I also used to collect action figures from Harry Potter (Mattel), The Lord of the Rings (Toy Biz), Pirates of the Caribbean (NECA) and Star Wars (Kenner).

Hope to enjoy this forum even more now!

Good to have you here! And welcome to the board! :welcome1:

I'm currently binge watching the series working my way up to JLU, I think I'm so tempted to get the Batman and if he breaks, I'll call it quits from there.
Are you including Superman TAS & Batman Beyond? You should watch those before you watch JL....adds more weight to the whole series. As a whole, I still enjoy all of those series more than any of the DC Animated features.

Well said Mark. I binged watched Batman TAS this last fall. It was wonderful. I still want Red Claw, The Clock King and Grey Ghost to happen as figures.

My greatest hope for this line is for the QC problems to be resolved and then they release a Batman Beyond Terry McGuiness Batman figure that knocks it out of the park.

Are you including Superman TAS & Batman Beyond? You should watch those before you watch JL....adds more weight to the whole series. As a whole, I still enjoy all of those series more than any of the DC Animated features.

Oh most definitely. Sorry I meant that I'm watching everything minus the ones not on home video (Static Shock, Zeta Project).

Well said Mark. I binged watched Batman TAS this last fall. It was wonderful. I still want Red Claw, The Clock King and Grey Ghost to happen as figures.

Grey Ghost is a must.

While we're on the subject of watching BTAS, is anyone a fan of the Arkham Sessions podcasts by Dr. Andrea Letamendi, a psychologist who analyzes every BTAS episode from a clinical standpoint. I just discovered it recently and it's genuinely fascinating stuff. As a Batman fan, it's something I always wanted to see for the longest time.

The Arkham Sessions « Under the Mask

Another update. Been posing and reposing Batman, Catwoman, and Two Face all week. No breakages, no problems at all. I'm still super geeked over Batman. Can't wait for the BTAS version.

There ARE lemons out there, obviously, but I believe it's overblown. I'm three for three on these figures. I'd hate to see people miss out because they're scared off from this line.

I'm not sure if it's overblown - my local comic shop completely removed TNBA Batman from their shelves and hid them behind the cash register because they had so many returns from broken ankles and they didn't have enough to replace all of the returns.

Yeah, it's not overblown. Their facebook alone shows how many people have been having problems.

I saw some people a few posts ago asking about The Joker's accessories, if Robin will come an extra cape and if Man-bat will have an extra set of open wings.

Well, we've got all those answers:

Joker will come with:
additional hands, helmet, make up sponge, knife, pearl necklace, telescope, Joker card, brick, comb and cologne bottle

Robin will have:
additional cape, a bola, additional hands and a grappling gun

Man-Bat:
additional set of wings, a pill bottle and tape recorder

View attachment 116813

YES!! Robin's extra cape and Man-Bat's open wings!!!!

Man Bat. Instant buy. I can't wait to break my figure trying to switch out the arms...I mean...

Trying to decide whether or not to get the CW figure. What's the point if the arms are going to fall off in a couple of months?

Trying to decide whether or not to get the CW figure. What's the point if the arms are going to fall off in a couple of months?

So you can post pictures of it and be in the Breakage Club.
Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't opened either Bats or Freeze yet. But I'm planing on a nice hot water bath for all the figures before even attempting display poses. The reports of all the breakages hasn't turned me off. Just more conscious about how to open them.

Planning to get another Batman, as I would love to customize him into Lincoln March. I'd have loved to see the Court of Owls storyline adapted in the DCAU if the cartoons were still going, just the feel of the art and story gave me vibes of the Batman animated-verse.

Any updates on when series 2 will actually hit stores?

Amazon is reporting a January 15 release date.

The Joker looks SOOOO amazing!

I mean, as if he had just popped out of the TV! DEAD ON!

BTAS_Joker0.jpg

BTAS_Robin0.jpg

batman-the-animated-series-7-286x300.png

53.jpg

batman-the-animated-series-joker.jpg

giphy.gif

Back