DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Tyler Durden: "You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else!"

Sad......but true. We all rot and return to dust, and that goes for our toys too. In a lot of cases, we are going to outlive our toys. The stuff from the "glory days" of the 70s and 80s are already breaking down. GJ Joe orings distintingrating while still MIB. Their elbow joints cracking from 25 years of pressure from metal rivets. And these are the untouched "pristine" specimens. How many SW figures or He-Man figures have you seen with sticky nasty residue all over them as the plastics chemically break down? I've seen it. Not pretty. White figures turn yellow. Blue figures turn green. Nothing we can do.

And in the last fifteen years or so, the plastic being used is even CHEAPER!! These things will last even LESS time!! These aren't precious works of art that will be preserved for genreations to come as much as I wish they could be. They are temporary playthings and no more.

Enjoy them and savor them while they last like you would with any family member or friendship, cause nothing is forever.

As for these particular figures....I was tempted at first but now I've firmly decided to pass on the entire series. If they can't even stay together for a matter of WEEKS in the package, these things must be made out of the lowest grade plastic China has to offer. And it's a real shame too cause the love and dedication the design team put it in so evident. It must be heartbreaking for them to see wht they drew, designed and sculpted finally realized as such shoddy pieces of garbage.

I think the SW Black 6 inchers is the same way. Those designers bleed and sweat to make the best SW figures ever made, but budget cuts and cutting corners by the bean-counters is why the final products don't look nearly as good as what they intended. Must be very very disheartening, especially to come on a forum and read the nasty crap people say and it's NOT the creative team's fault at all....it's the greedy corporation trying to squeeze every last sheckle out of the consumer.

Sorry to be a downer. I want to love this series but I just can't. But on the bright side there are dozens, hundreds of figures in my room that I just adore and bring me so much joy. And yeah, eventually they'll break too, but that's life, so I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of all of them while I can!!!

The Black series figures are actually made with decent plastic, I think. The joints are nice and pliable and there hasn't been a broken joint in sight. Like Boba Fett for instance, that's a quality figure all around. If only the paint applications on the line were as nice and consistent throughout.

If Hasbro took these DCC animated figures (the sculpts, accessories, etc.) manufactured them with the plastics and Chinese factories they use, then I don't think we'd see any breakages. Hasbro has their problems, but broken figures aren't one of them.

Last edited:

I haven't had any QC problems with SW Black other than the speeder bike and scout being super rubbery, but I was mostly referring to just how BITCHY the SW fans are on the forums! Seriously, NOTHING is good enough for those people! It's really getting to me lately that this hobby is supposed to be about childlike joy and FUN and all anyone does is whine and complain cause "this piece is painted the wrong color" or "his eyes are too big."

I don't know. Maybe I've just officially become a grumpy old man that can't handle all the negativity. I love toys. I freaking LOVE 'em. And I'm thankful for that....SW Black, TF Masterpieces, all this new Batman stuff....we're living in a damn renaissance and all people do is whine!

Now yes the breakage of these BTAS figures completely warrants complaints, but man, read the rebelscum forums about the SW figures and you'd think people HATE these toys more than anything!

Well, let them wallow in their misery cause they're toys aren't "PERFECT." I'm still basking in the high of finally getting my 7 inch 1989 Batman....I think I just might sleep with it on my pillow tonight!

Yeah, that '89 Batman is something else. It's a childhood dream fulfilled.

Hopefully by the time BTAS Batman is out, the plastic and quality control is better. That's the one everyone wants. If they botch BTAS Batman, then the hell with them.

Yeah, that '89 Batman is something else. It's a childhood dream fulfilled.

Hopefully by the time BTAS Batman is out, the plastic and quality control is better. That's the one everyone wants. If they botch BTAS Batman, then the hell with them.

I'm counting on this. Think I'll pass on the 1st release because of potential issues. More of a fan of TAS series look anyway.

The only figure I want from Wave 1 is CW. I'll probably check out some local stores later this month, see how they're holding up.

Tyler Durden: "You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else!"

Sad......but true. We all rot and return to dust, and that goes for our toys too. In a lot of cases, we are going to outlive our toys. The stuff from the "glory days" of the 70s and 80s are already breaking down. GJ Joe orings distintingrating while still MIB. Their elbow joints cracking from 25 years of pressure from metal rivets. And these are the untouched "pristine" specimens. How many SW figures or He-Man figures have you seen with sticky nasty residue all over them as the plastics chemically break down? I've seen it. Not pretty. White figures turn yellow. Blue figures turn green. Nothing we can do.

And in the last fifteen years or so, the plastic being used is even CHEAPER!! These things will last even LESS time!! These aren't precious works of art that will be preserved for genreations to come as much as I wish they could be. They are temporary playthings and no more.

Enjoy them and savor them while they last like you would with any family member or friendship, cause nothing is forever.

As for these particular figures....I was tempted at first but now I've firmly decided to pass on the entire series. If they can't even stay together for a matter of WEEKS in the package, these things must be made out of the lowest grade plastic China has to offer. And it's a real shame too cause the love and dedication the design team put it in so evident. It must be heartbreaking for them to see wht they drew, designed and sculpted finally realized as such shoddy pieces of garbage.

I think the SW Black 6 inchers is the same way. Those designers bleed and sweat to make the best SW figures ever made, but budget cuts and cutting corners by the bean-counters is why the final products don't look nearly as good as what they intended. Must be very very disheartening, especially to come on a forum and read the nasty crap people say and it's NOT the creative team's fault at all....it's the greedy corporation trying to squeeze every last sheckle out of the consumer.

Sorry to be a downer. I want to love this series but I just can't. But on the bright side there are dozens, hundreds of figures in my room that I just adore and bring me so much joy. And yeah, eventually they'll break too, but that's life, so I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of all of them while I can!!!

so if we really want to preserve our collections for generations.. statue it is. As long as it doesn't fall or break due to force majeure or somebody's clumsiness, it will hold better than rubber or plasticky figures.

One of the worst QC I've seen in a while. The extra cape looks awful (skip to 6:00 and 6:50) and they approved that in the factory? SMH :slap

I think a lot of this comes down to the quality of plastics being manufactured nowadays - they don't seem to hold up like they used to. I keep seeing these problems in higher-end toy lines that use Chinese manufacturing. (I'm looking at you, NECA.) I wonder if toys marketed directly towards kids are made of more durable material? Maybe they think that because collectors don't 'play' with their toys they can use lower-grade more cost-efficient plastics? I don't know. What I do know is that it's pretty sad when you can buy vintage Kenner BTAS figure off of eBay that hold up better than these brand new ones... :rolleyes2

Honestly, the quality of plastic on NECA figures has never seemed all the great to me. I have limited experience with DCD/DCC, but their plastic quality has been inconsistent, at least. The Mattel Adult Collector stuff (MOTUC, DCUC, Ghostbusters, etc) and Hasbro stuff (Legends and Black Series) continues to be very sturdy, so there's no real excuses for this kind of thing.

Anyone need extra parts? :huh

39854111-6E88-44F5-8A85-8595FA012FEA_zpsqhiqqk62.jpg

Picked up Two Face today. I'm three for three. Been posing him for around an hour, and no problems. I must have a horse shoe shoved up my a**. Or maybe problems get blown way out of proportion on the internet?

Well, as you can see, the figure's joints are all there except the dirty rotten ankle joints. Those snapped like twigs.

So, the general consensus is that these figures are a risky purchase?

Yep. There are no guarantees there won't be breakages within the package. Or breakages after you've heated up all of the joints. Or breakages several months from now, through no fault of the collector....

At least they look amazing. This is the first western collectable I've ever bought. Who ever sculpted these needs to make all of their figures

Hi, everyone!

I'm new as a user, but I've read and followed the threads on this forum for a very, very long time.
As this thread here is the one I personally enjoy the most, I've decided to introduce myself here.
*Hope it's OK*

Like many of you here, I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series. Actually, Batman was the first character to whom I was introduced. Even though I also enjoyed the Disney movies of the 90's (collecting stuff based on them), Batman was the only character that I was always collecting something related to it, wheter it was action figures and stuff from TAS or from the 90's movies (Returns, Forever, B&R).
Batman was the only superhero (hero, because he has no powers, lol) in my childhood. I would only like another superhero with the X-Men movie in 2000.
Still, Batman remains my favorite hero, although I like the X-Men and Spider-Man now.
Besides Batman and superhero collections, I also used to collect action figures from Harry Potter (Mattel), The Lord of the Rings (Toy Biz), Pirates of the Caribbean (NECA) and Star Wars (Kenner).

Hope to enjoy this forum even more now!

Back