DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

What's the two at the wrist?

I'm guessing it's a wrist swivel and the fist can move up and down and from side to side. Or maybe the gauntlet/glove moves around, but if that were the case the dot would be on the forearm. It could be a ball joint and it counts as two points of articulation

I still don't believe those shoulders can move. There's just no way he can move the arms if the final product uses that plastic/design.

How so? I was under the impression that it was universally loved :lol maybe I as wrong.

Oh, it was. It think it was the biggest thing ever.

The translation job was not very well done though. I came to understand that later on when I watched it again in Japanese with English subtitles.

Not that it was a deal breaker or anything.

Oh, it was. It think it was the biggest thing ever.

The translation job was not very well done though. I came to understand that later on when I watched it again in Japanese with English subtitles.

Not that it was a deal breaker or anything.
Oh yeah I get you, I found out about it myself when I got a little older too, some things they said just didn't make any sense at all:lol

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/02/19/batman-the-animated-series-from-animation-to-action-figures

"All of the figures will come with multiple accessories and Catwoman’s certainly no exception. She’ll arrive with all of the weapons and devices that are featured in the two-part episode, “The Cat and the Claw”—whip, cat stars, camera and necklace. As far as articulation goes, Catwoman features 25 unique points."

Lots of accessories for all the characters.. SWWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

wow, just found this thread. This just bumped everything else for my most anticipated collectibles of the year. I watched this show every opportunity as a child. This is going to be great.

Accessories sound awesome. I wonder if this means Freeze will come with his spider legs?:lol

Apparently they're going to cover every major character from 1992 and 1997.. you can bet I'll be collecting ALL the 1992 versions!!

I'm curious what Batman will come packed with. Grappling gun? Batarangs? It definitely adds a new dimension to the hype.

Accessories sound awesome. I wonder if this means Freeze will come with his spider legs?:lol

Definitely. I don't see why DCC couldn't do it now when Kenner did it back then. Otherwise he'd just have his tiny Freeze gun.

I can't think of what else Two-face could come with other than his coin, a pistol or two, and a tommygun. The giant penny would probably be asking for too much :lol

I'm still thinking eventually they're going to do an Almost Got 'Em box set with some kind of table for them to all sit at playing cards.

Very excited to see that they're planning this so far ahead.

Probably will just allow for some slight shoulder flexion.

Yeah, looks that way. I usually prefer a nice looking sculpt over articulation which is why I like DC direct, but the idea that the Kenner figure can do something so basic, and yet this new and improved version can't, bothers me a little bit :lol At least the BTAS won't have anything that hinders the articulation.

How big are the figures, like height-wise?

How big are the figures, like height-wise?

1/12th scale. I would say "6 inches," but, the truth is that that wouldn't be accurate, as they said they're using the original model sheets to make sure that everyone's exactly to scale.

Yeah, looks that way. I usually prefer a nice looking sculpt over articulation which is why I like DC direct, but the idea that the Kenner figure can do something so basic, and yet this new and improved version can't, bothers me a little bit :lol At least the BTAS won't have anything that hinders the articulation.

I hear you. But that awesome cape design definitely makes it worth it. Most of us were just going to pose him with his arms at his side anyway. :lol

I hear you. But that awesome cape design definitely makes it worth it. Most of us were just going to pose him with his arms at his side anyway. :lol

:exactly: :lol Yeah, and the news that these figures will come with accessories makes them worth getting even more now. I really wasn't expecting that from this line.

Back