DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

actually they are the same person, in the one of the animated dvds with this episode said that bruce timm voiced the mad bomber and was based on him too. it would be a cool easter egg if they make him in the line, then we have our own bruce timm in our collection.

Wow! I had no idea. That's crazy! I wonder if Paul Dini is also in the show ?

He's put throughout the show as well. They put him in a Harley outfit during "Joker's Millions" when the Joker was holding tryouts for a new Harley.

Haha! That's funny :lol

Now this scene from Batman the Brave and the Bold makes sense :lol I wonder if that's Kevin Conroy in the batman costume next to Dini and Timm :lol

I really hope DC releases a Batman The Animated Series poster of the very famous Batman silhouette. I'd love to buy & frame that. It'd make a fantastic backdrop to these new figures. It would sort of look like Batman's Grey Ghost shrine located in the Batcave.

I really hope DC releases a Batman The Animated Series poster of the very famous Batman silhouette. I'd love to buy & frame that. It'd make a fantastic backdrop to these new figures. It would sort of look like Batman's Grey Ghost shrine located in the Batcave.

You could try searching eBay; I've seen posters like that for sale.

Here's a couple I just found...

2czvmf9.jpg

$_12.JPG

Sounds like they'll be jam packed with accessories. Catwoman will be geared with all of her "Cat and Claw" episode accessories. That would have been cool if they gave her Isis (her pet cat) like Kenner did.

Since they are doing accessories, I really do think Isis is a must. They've got a periodical "Ask DC Collectibles" feature that would be a perfect place to raise that question.

Hopefully this figure will come with a swap-able cape or something. Having the cape cover the shoulder articulation is a big FAIL in my opinion to really allowing this Batman figure to shine. You miss out on most of his action poses when you can't move his arms.

I'd rather have the cape look as accurate as it does. Someone (like me) is going to have them displayed in a "line up" like form anyway.

$_12.JPG

Yup. That's exactly the poster I want. Hopefully, with the recent resurgence in popularity, a company will produce this iconic Batman image.

You know, I was thinking earlier that nearly all my favorite 80's & 90's properties have been given A+ treatment by various toy companies over the last few years.

Mezco Thundercats large scale figures - nearly a complete team & Mumm-ra

Mattel He-Man & The Masters of the Universe - A hugely popular and expansive line that copies the original look of the classic 80s toyline

Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics - Updated looks of all our favorite characters plus re-releases of the most popular figures from the 80s line.

And now, DC Collectibles is in the game with their Batman The Animated Series line which looks poised for a great run.

Unfortunately, one of my absolute favorite 80s cartoon & toyline has been neglected thus far: The Real Ghostbuster!
Mattel ruined their shot with their "Retro" series of 9 inch cloth Mego-styled figures based off of the cartoon. They also screwed up the Ghostbusters movie line with re-use after re-use of poorly sculpted figures. I was really hoping another company picks up the license to produce Ghostbusters figures, especially this being the 30th anniversary of the original 80s classic comedy.
Well, if you would have asked me just 2 weeks ago that I'd be seeing high quality figures based off Batman The Animated Series, I would have said "no way!"
So, anything is possible.

Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics - Updated looks of all our favorite characters plus re-releases of the most popular figures from the 80s line.

And now, DC Collectibles is in the game with their Batman The Animated Series line which looks poised for a great run.

Unfortunately, one of my absolute favorite 80s cartoon & toyline has been neglected thus far: The Real Ghostbuster!
Mattel ruined their shot with their "Retro" series of 9 inch cloth Mego-styled figures based off of the cartoon. They also screwed up the Ghostbusters movie line with re-use after re-use of poorly sculpted figures. I was really hoping another company picks up the license to produce Ghostbusters figures, especially this being the 30th anniversary of the original 80s classic comedy.
Well, if you would have asked me just 2 weeks ago that I'd be seeing high quality figures based off Batman The Animated Series, I would have said "no way!"

Yeah, I love the TMNT classics figures, but they need to make Shredder and Casey Jones. And I would love to see Ghostbusters classics figures that look like the cartoon show. As far as the Mattel line, I have the Ghostbusters 2 set, and I actually like it, but a company like NECA could do a better job. For years now I've been saying that a company should make new BTAS and Ghostbusters figures. Now, someone needs to make some new updated The Tick figures based on the 90's cartoon show :D

Yup. That's exactly the poster I want. Hopefully, with the recent resurgence in popularity, a company will produce this iconic Batman image.

You know, I was thinking earlier that nearly all my favorite 80's & 90's properties have been given A+ treatment by various toy companies over the last few years.

Mezco Thundercats large scale figures - nearly a complete team & Mumm-ra

Mattel He-Man & The Masters of the Universe - A hugely popular and expansive line that copies the original look of the classic 80s toyline

Hasbro with the transformers line as well. Admittedly, 85% of what's on shelves sucks, but some classics/generations releases really do justice to the source material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this figure will come with a swap-able cape or something. Having the cape cover the shoulder articulation is a big FAIL in my opinion to really allowing this Batman figure to shine. You miss out on most of his action poses when you can't move his arms.

I'd rather have the cape look as accurate as it does. Someone (like me) is going to have them displayed in a "line up" like form anyway.

QFT. :lecture

$_12.JPG

That one would be very cool to have. Of course, they'd have to get rid of the extra Batman there and the title of the show. The image itself does more then enough to say it is.

Speaking of cool posters I've also always thought it would be cool to have a Gray Ghost poster like the one seen in the episode. It would actually make for a nice companion piece to the Batman image above.
btgg24.jpg

One last great poster is the Batman: Mask of the Phantasm poster. That is one that I have in my collection. And speaking of that movie that is something that desperately needs the blu-ray treatment with some extra features.
maskofphantasm-poster.jpg

I still hope to get my hands on that Mask of the Phantasm Mondo poster, and, after seeing how it turned out, I wouldn't mind seeing those guys tackle more of the series. I think the coolest thing ever would be if DC did one of their portfolios with prints of all of the title cards.

Back