DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I like fabric capes, a nice well tailored cape of the right material with wire on the edges should solve all problems, but most likely never gonna happen, I will mod mine though.

That'd be problematic for the figures like BTAS Batman and BTAS Robin though that have the inner colors like blue and yellow. Something simple like this would be best I think,

fig0243flg.jpg
fig0243flg2.jpg

That's the same figure, but with two different styled capes included for a quick swap out. Batman's arms and gloves would pose a problem for the fully cloaked look though

Yup, fabric capes on this scale rarely work well.

That's a good option, swappable capes, I doubt that It'll happen, gold star to DCC if they actually do it.

I'll be happy with just really soft rubber.

A swappable cape can work pretty well with these figures because the head is a separate piece. Here is the SH Figuarts 6'' inch Piccolo with swappable cape.

What the hell is a "piccolo" and is it male or female? :lol

Really? I thought it had a meaning, I don't recall what it was right now, I just know that piccolo means something like a small flute in Italian, if I'm not mistaken.

Still has nothing to do with the character :lol that's a tendency with DB.

Gohan means rice.

Chichi means boobs and in the Spanish dubbed version, oddly enough, her name is "Milk". :rotfl

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I really am curious if, in a few years, this line leads to other avenues of the DCAU. A TNBA Batman that perfect kind of makes me wonder how he'd look standing face to face with the TAS Superman.

Thinking about Superman figures makes me sad, though, because of how completely inferior they were to the Batman ones back in the day. Superman always had that weird Mario Lopez face with those soulless Little Orphan Annie eyes, and he always looked like he was doing squats.

Yeah, Good Superman figures can be counted with one hand, the only good recent Mattel Batman I have is the one from TDKReturs, they SHOULD have made a Superman for that line, using that same body mold and all, but noooooou :slap:

I hope DCC tackles the character, they should be pretty cool.

As far as Batman goes, though, if I had a wishlist, it'd probably have The Grey Ghost right near the top.

Kenner did a removable cape. I don't know why DCD couldn't.

IMG_7638.jpg

Neca actually did a lovely two tone cloth cape on their Hit Girl figure so I think it is possible at this scale, I don't think DCC do soft goods though

I do love cloth capes though, I bought the Mattel DKR batman and i just couldn't get along with the massive chunk of rubber glued onto his back

Really? I thought it had a meaning, I don't recall what it was right now, I just know that piccolo means something like a small flute in Italian, if I'm not mistaken.

Still has nothing to do with the character :lol that's a tendency with DB.

Gohan means rice.

Chichi means boobs and in the Spanish dubbed version, oddly enough, her name is "Milk". :rotfl

We Spanish people got screwed with the Mexican dub. Insanely popular anime, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We Spanish people got screwed with the Mexican dub. Insanely popular anime, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly: Yeah, I grew up in Puerto Rico, so I'd watched the show in Spanish and English, but the good thing about the Spanish version (at least in PR) was that the violence/nudity wasn't edited like the English/cartoon network version.

ARRRGHHhhhh....Not 'till November. Oh well. We've waited this long.

Sounds like they'll be jam packed with accessories. Catwoman will be geared with all of her "Cat and Claw" episode accessories. That would have been cool if they gave her Isis (her pet cat) like Kenner did.

Sounds like they'll be jam packed with accessories. Catwoman will be geared with all of her "Cat and Claw" episode accessories. That would have been cool if they gave her Isis (her pet cat) like Kenner did.

Yeah that would be awesome for sure... I'm really glad they are going all out with these figures....

Back