DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I hear you. But that awesome cape design definitely makes it worth it. Most of us were just going to pose him with his arms at his side anyway. :lol

[/B]

:exactly: :lol Yeah, and the news that these figures will come with accessories makes them worth getting even more now. I really wasn't expecting that from this line.

I still think that he should come with an alternate cape. Outside of a Grappling Gun and a Batarang or two, I'm not entirely sure of what else TNBA Batman could come with, so an extra cape could certainly help flesh it out.

My top five (from 1992), besides Batman and Catwoman, would be..

Jim Gordon
Poison Ivy
Ra's al Ghul
Mr. Freeze
Riddler

I'll buy anything and everything from a BTAS line. Really hoping for Harley Quinn and Two-Face.

I still think that he should come with an alternate cape. Outside of a Grappling Gun and a Batarang or two, I'm not entirely sure of what else TNBA Batman could come with, so an extra cape could certainly help flesh it out.

Batman is a tough one. I can't think of any specific episodes where he used a weapon or some kind of gadget that could be included with this figure. Maybe, interchangeable hands? Joker, Harley, Scarecrow and specially Clayface could come with some really cool stuff. Interchangeable hands/weapons for clayface is a given, imo.

My top five (from 1992), besides Batman and Catwoman, would be..

Jim Gordon
Poison Ivy
Ra's al Ghul
Mr. Freeze
Riddler

Interesting, no Joker, Robin or Clayface in that top 5. The Riddler is going to look awesome with the cane. In fact, the whole line is going to look great together because how colorful and unique those designs were. They have a timeless quality about them, imo.

My Batman:The Animated Series Top 10:
-Batman
-Robin
-Joker
-Mr. Freeze
-Two-Face
-Clayface
-Catwoman
-The Grey Ghost
-Alfred
-The Riddler

The New Batman Adventures:
-Batman
-Robin
-Nightwing
-Batgirl
-Scarecrow
-Penguin
-Harley Quinn
-Mr. Freeze
-Poison Ivy
-Bane

-Batman
-Robin
-Joker
-Mr. Freeze
-Two-Face
-Clayface
-Catwoman
-The Grey Ghost
-Alfred
-The Riddler

The New Batman Adventures:
-Batman
-Robin
-Nightwing
-Batgirl
-Scarecrow
-Penguin
-Harley Quinn
-Mr. Freeze
-Poison Ivy
-Bane

I see what you did there. You are mixing/choosing the best from BTAS and the best designs from TNBA :clap I might do the same, but I might get all of the figures out fear that they might not get to a certain character from BTAS. I probably will get TNBA Two Face just in case they don't make the original.

Interesting, no Joker, Robin or Clayface in that top 5. The Riddler is going to look awesome with the cane. In fact, the whole line is going to look great together because how colorful and unique those designs were. They have a timeless quality about them, imo.

I almost listed Clayface, but Ra's took the spot.

I'm positive this line is going to do incredibly well, so I'm expecting to see some really obscure characters, like Red Claw and The Grey Ghost.

-Batman
-Robin
-Joker
-Mr. Freeze
-Ra's Al Ghul
-Clayface
-Catwoman
-Killer Crock
-Man-Bat
-The Riddler

The New Batman Adventures Top 10:
-Batman
-Robin
-Mad Hatter
-Batgirl
-Scarecrow
-Etrigan
-Harley Quinn
-Mr. Freeze
-Poison Ivy
-Creeper

...but I'll be getting whatever the put out...all.

David Warner's Ra's was brilliant, and I'm actually ashamed of myself for forgetting him. I knew there was someone that I was forgetting, but I didn't know who. In that regard, I'd actually give Ra's Riddler's spot on my list, now that I've found what I was forgetting.

I never liked the Ra's Al Ghul, Ubu and Talia episodes. They sucked.

Ra's and Talia are probably the only BTAS figures/characters I'll never, ever buy. I'd take Kyodai before any of them.

The great thing about this, is that it sounds like we won't have to settle for a 'top ten' of any kind and that we'll get almost everybody...and maybe more.

I see what you did there. You are mixing/choosing the best from BTAS and the best designs from TNBA :clap I might do the same, but I might get all of the figures out fear that they might not get to a certain character from BTAS. I probably will get TNBA Two Face just in case they don't make the original.

I was covering my bases, but, honestly, I'd probably be in for anything they did from this line.

I have to add another... Jonah Hex.

...and I hope Harley comes with the Hyenas.

...and Lar, Cur & Moe.....

I can't stop!!!

As far as accessories go, if he's articulated enough to pull off the pose, I'd love for Joker to come with a crushed Captain Clown to sit on.

I didn't realized the Mad Bomber (from the Grey Ghost episode) and Bruce Timm looked alike. I can already see this figure being a SDCC exclusive:lol

actually they are the same person, in the one of the animated dvds with this episode said that bruce timm voiced the mad bomber and was based on him too. it would be a cool easter egg if they make him in the line, then we have our own bruce timm in our collection.

Back