DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

DC Collectibles is killing it this year. This is the first time I've been this jazzed for a 6" series in years. I predict that, when he said "next time," he meant SDCC. So, I'd guess we see Face and Freeze in a couple of months and series 2 at the con.

And what's are the BIG surprises? A batmobile? Large figures like Clayface?

And what's are the BIG surprises? A batmobile? Large figures like Clayface?

Both of those would impress the hell out of me. That being said, I won't be happy until they pull a full on Mattel and remake the classic Batcave play set in this scale.:lecture :lol

I think they'll stick to only figures, or should anyway. If they made a Batmobile or a Batcycle it's not like the figures could actually fit in them. The Kenner ones are perfectly fine for that department. Besides, DCD has yet to make any vehicles.

If some company ever does make a Batcave that is the equivalence of Mattel's Modern Castle Gray Skull, it better be in the original TDKC 1990 (Batman 1989) deco before Batman Returns or the Animated Series. :lol Out of all the variations between Kenner, Hasbro and Mattel, I'm still sort of pissed that the original mold was never produced for what it was intended to be, the '89 cave. With that said, Mattel needs to lose their DC/Batman license. DC Direct and NECA are doing better jobs. DC Direct should get the animated series line for 6" (which they obviously have), and NECA should have the 7" for all the films.

With that said, Mattel needs to lose their DC/Batman license. DC Direct and NECA are doing better jobs. DC Direct should get the animated series line for 6" (which they obviously have), and NECA should have the 7" for all the films.

Everytime I look at my 1/4 West and Keaton, I hate mattel's 66 line (and this new multiverse line) even more

I think they'll stick to only figures, or should anyway. If they made a Batmobile or a Batcycle it's not like the figures could actually fit in them. The Kenner ones are perfectly fine for that department. Besides, DCD has yet to make any vehicles.

If some company ever does make a Batcave that is the equivalence of Mattel's Modern Castle Gray Skull, it better be in the original TDKC 1990 (Batman 1989) deco before Batman Returns or the Animated Series. :lol Out of all the variations between Kenner, Hasbro and Mattel, I'm still sort of pissed that the original mold was never produced for what it was intended to be, the '89 cave. With that said, Mattel needs to lose their DC/Batman license. DC Direct and NECA are doing better jobs. DC Direct should get the animated series line for 6" (which they obviously have), and NECA should have the 7" for all the films.

I want NECA to get the film licenses for the sole purpose of them releasing one of their "8-bit" variants for the 89 Batman game. Mattel does Jack all with the DC license, so **** 'em.

I'm so freaking glad Mattel is done with their 6" DC now. They just got lazy and pathetic.

I'd be pissed if they made TNBA Robin and Nightwing and not the original BTAS Grayson Robin. BTAS Robin is one of the best designs in my opinion. If I could only have two BTAS figures, it'd be Batman and Robin.

I hope it doesn't come down to this TNBA = simpler = better mentality. The BTAS figures being more detailed, "heavier" and more colorful is what makes them stand out more I think. I feel every redesign, save Penguin and Harley Quinn, are inferior to the classic ones. TNBA is far too drab for my tastes. Just look at the differences between both Batman variations, or Robin, or Joker, and especially Riddler. They're just so basic and barebones. The female figures in particular seem like they were made much smaller, almost like kids instead of that retro/pin up look the BTAS ones had going on.

And all of the female characters looked the same in the new style. Really showed up in that Girls Nigh Out crossover with Supergirl.

I'm so freaking glad Mattel is done with their 6" DC now. They just got lazy and pathetic.

So does that mean they no longer have the rights to make DC figures or are they just done with the DCUC line? Because I know they have a new line called the Ulta... something... and those figures come with multiple head sculpts, hands, and other accessories.

I saw a video where they were showing off their "Super Powers" collection, and the guy goes on about how "Mxy and the Blue Superman were supposed to be packaged together in the Signature Series, but, since we didn't make it that far, we just decided to sell Superman's non-articulated accessory in a new package for $30.":lol

So does that mean they no longer have the rights to make DC figures or are they just done with the DCUC line? Because I know they have a new line called the Ulta... something... and those figures come with multiple head sculpts, hands, and other accessories.

They're doing that Total Heroes line, but, after that Super Powers stuff comes out, they're calling it quits from the actual DCUC line. With that being said, they still have the master toy license, as far as I know.

Guess it's only a matter of time before their License expires and Hopefully Neca picks it up...

They're doing that Total Heroes line, but, after that Super Powers stuff comes out, they're calling it quits from the actual DCUC line. With that being said, they still have the master toy license, as far as I know.

Well, that suck :monkey2 I guess DC/WB wants a major company like Mattel to make their products instead of a smaller division like DDC which focuses more on the direct market/specialty stores, and not the larger stores like Wal-Mart or Target.

Guess it's only a matter of time before their License expires and Hopefully Neca picks it up...

I don't see that as a possibility, unfortunately. They could do the movie figures and tv stuff, but that's it.

The more I think about it, the more I think DC's got this down. I look at the Batman figure and its cape and I can bet you dollars to donuts that they wind up releasing "action cape" variants.

The more I think about it, the more I think DC's got this down. I look at the Batman figure and its cape and I can bet you dollars to donuts that they wind up releasing "action cape" variants.

You mean like a flowing cape? I would be ok with this.

That, too. I just meant, when you factor in the cape, that's about 4 or 5 different Batmen:
batman-characters-created-for-tv-and-film-20111201023123540-000.jpg

Batman-The-Animated-Series.jpg

Batmodeltnba.jpg

TNBA%2BBatman.jpg

...and that isn't even including battle damaged stuff, alternate costumes, etc.

Depending how pliable the capes are, it could come with two different capes and all you do is pop the head off and slip the cape over the neck and shoulder area.

Even if it isn't pliable, it could be a sort of solid, "shell" piece that you simply pop off the figure and swap with a different style cape. Then again, those arm blades on the gloves that jut out will be problematic no matter what they do . . .

Depending how pliable the capes are, it could come with two different capes and all you do is pop the head off and slip the cape over the neck and shoulder area.

Even if it isn't pliable, it could be a sort of solid, "shell" piece that you simply pop off the figure and swap with a different style cape. Then again, those arm blades on the gloves that jut out will be problematic no matter what they do . . .

I'd love it if they did swappable capes. Speaking of alternate gear, I wonder if they'll do the TNBA Batman with his glider and harness?

I bet that's the first TNBA Batman variant we see. :lol

I like fabric capes, a nice well tailored cape of the right material with wire on the edges should solve all problems, but most likely never gonna happen, I will mod mine though.

Back