DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Most celebs at the conventions I've been to either limit the amount of things they will sign, and they usually charge per each item.

I met Kevin Conroy at Denver Comic-Con 2017. I had him sign the top of my DC Collectibles Batmobile (the piece that slides open and shut to reveal the seats inside) and he was nice enough to have one of his assistants there to take a posed photo of him and me for free. I think I paid $50 for his autograph (maybe $40?) and that was the total since I just had him sign one thing, but if I would've brought two things, it would've been $100, three would've been $150, and so on (assuming he didn't have an item limit). Most people also charge additional money for a photo (or a selfie) at their signing table.

What?! I never knew celebs charged for an autograph at conventions. What an absurd. We're their fans, we made them what they are.
Seriously. Absurd.

@vasq0034 Thank you and thanks for the follow!

@World'sGreatestDetective Oh definitely, some of them are really ridiculous too. Shatner commands $80 for a signature without the photo.

What?! I never knew celebs charged for an autograph at conventions. What an absurd. We're their fans, we made them what they are.
Seriously. Absurd.

While I kind of agree with the principle of what you're saying, it's just a basic case of supply and demand- if thousands and thousands of fans are willing to pay someone for a photo with them or their autograph (I paid $100 for Stan Lee's autograph when I met him, for instance), why shouldn't they make money off of that willingness? It sure would be nice if they would do all of that stuff for free, but if people will pay it, they will charge for it. #capitalism

Autographs have a value.

I recently sold a comic book to a comic shop owner who wanted it for his private collection. Not only was it autographed by the creator of the character, it was serendipitously signed on the owner's birthday. What was probably a $10 comic at best went for $50. I'm sure the creator would have liked part of that deal. Seems only fair.

is this line dead? I see only customs here.

is this line dead? I see only customs here.
No, it's on hold. Anumber of figures were announced at San Diego Comic Con: Justice League figures (unfortunately these come with no accessories or stands and are exclusive to DC All Access in the US only) are either available now or will be very shortly, and Gray Ghost, BTAS Two-Face, BTAS Scarecrow, HARDAC Batman, and Batman with Batcycle are due in the spring/summer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just found out Kevin Conroy, Loren Lester, and Diane Pershing are going to be at a con near me in February. I'm already excited but have never been to one of these, so I wanted to ask you guys about etiquette. Naturally I don't expect to dump an entire collection on him, but would a couple things be ok? I have this WB Studio Store Maquette that I would love for him to sign the base

s-l300.jpg

When he came to Salt Lake Comic Con, he didn’t have a line when I went by so I think as long as you are willing to pay for them, he’d probably sign a handful of items. Really nice guy that loves what he does.

Thanks for the advice guys. That statue is a big boy, so I won't have much of a choice but to probably choose one other thing anyway. I'm thinking maybe a vintage MOC Combat Belt Batman or maybe something else from the old WB Store. Theres so much recent btas merch too that its difficult to choose.

I don't mind these guys charging since in a lot cases work is pretty slow for them and it helps supplement their income. And at least for me it's a fair trade for the entertainment they've provided over the years, and being an iconic part of childhood.

Seriously. Absurd.

I read on another forum that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be at Alamo City Comic-Con, which is only an hour drive from my house. Then, it was posted that he’s charging $1200 for a meet-and-greet... I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind these guys charging since in a lot cases work is pretty slow for them and it helps supplement their income. And at least for me it's a fair trade for the entertainment they've provided over the years, and being an iconic part of childhood.

In a lot of cases, even with the folks who are working a decent amount, the money they make from autographs is what pays for their trip (flight, hotel, and booth costs), and in some situations, like with Mark Hamill at NYCC last year, the con may setting their signing fees, and the actual person doing the signings and getting their photo taken might only get a third of the $.

I read on another forum that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be at Alamo City Comic-Con, which is only an hour drive from my house. Then, it was posted that he’s charging $1200 for a meet-and-greet... I’m out.

Without looking into this myself, I'm sure that is the cost for a very special, very limited meet-and-greet where you would get more time with him than is normal at conventions. Maybe that is all he will be doing at the con, but I'm guessing he will also be doing standard photo ops and autograph signings at a table (though I'm guessing someone as big as Arnold will probably charge $200 or more for a photo or an autograph).

No, it's very much not dead. A number of figures were announced at San Diego Comic Con: Justice League figures (unfortunately these come with no accessories or stands and are exclusive to DC All Access in the US only) are either available now or will be very shortly, and Gray Ghost, BTAS Two-Face, BTAS Scarecrow, HARDAC Batman, and Batman with Batcycle are due in the spring/summer.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Regarding the sub exclusive JL figures, I wrote DCC as I had previously done (and generally received clear responses from them) but this time my e-mail has been utterly ignored.

I was looking forward to getting some good news, but I'm afraid those of us wishing to get those figures for our collection will have to resort those darned scalpers that can get their hands on a couple of sets.

Emails to DC Collectibles would typically be answered by the division's former vice president, Kevin Kiniry. Kevin has been working for Disney Theatrical Group since early this year, and I guess there isn't anyone left at DCC who would take the time to answer emails the way he used to. I'm not even totally sure that DC Entertainment has even replaced Kevin, although I have to believe that by now, they have.

There's also the possibility that they don't want to answer the questions in the email for fear of compromising their release strategy.

Try writing any email to DC Collectibles and see what happens.

Finally in addition to the classic Batman, I picked up classic Harley and Batman and Joker in their expressions pack versions!
Strangely I do not feel I need Robin.
I was never a fan of the character. Too serious, always in the legs of Batman and finally useless. I’m I the one to think that?

Finally in addition to the classic Batman, I picked up classic Harley and Batman and Joker in their expressions pack versions!
Strangely I do not feel I need Robin.
I was never a fan of the character. Too serious, always in the legs of Batman and finally useless. I’m I the one to think that?

Yep. It’s just you.🤪

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I honestly thought Grayson’s character was handled very well in the series. This Robin, in my opinion, is the best rendition of the character. He wasn’t a goofball, but still retained a sense of youthful humor. There’s an emotional connection there.
The Animated Series was known for taking the characters seriously. Because of that, I really enjoyed these versions of Gotham’s residents more than most other versions I’ve experienced.

Back