DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I'm surprised to hear that opinion in this day and age. I know it was a misconception I carried as a little kid in the 80's. I didn't even read the comics but just found the character annoying, and even though I was around 5 or 6 when Death of the Family was going on, I wanted to vote "die die die!". Maybe it was due to Super Friends reruns, I don't know. It wasn't until Tim Drake and the animated series that I realized the value of the character, and became a big fan. It bums me out when creators like Nolan and, to keep it toy related, Mezco can't see the same.

In the meantime i did not watched the show since 1992... so maybe could change my feelings...:wink1:

In the meantime i did not watched the show since 1992... so maybe could change my feelings...:wink1:
I recommend rewatching the series. It holds up very well for it’s age.

Yeah i’m sure it is still great!
I had the video game on Super Nintendo back in 92. I truly loved it!

I received the first 4 Justice League Animated figures over the weekend: Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, and Aquaman. Overall I am pleased with the figures but am also mixed on a few things. Wonder Woman seems very tall compared to other figures in the line, but she looks good with the other JLA figures. I have them set up with my TNBA Batman and Superman and they look good together. I am VERY disappointed with the lack of any stands, extra hands, but especially the lack of accessories. No mace for Hawkgirl and no lasso for Wonder Woman. Considering the figure proces, plus the DCU membership, that still frustrates me. Still, I can get accessories from other figures to replace them. Also, Hawkgirl's wings come detached and have to be snapped into her back. Be very careful as she is a smaller figure and I worry she might break. I warmed the plastic in hot water and then the wings popped in easily.

Quick question to those of you who have an account with DC Universe.

So I've given up on waiting for these to be released outside of the US (if it ever happens) fearing that it might turn into another GCPD set...
The website has a bundle with all of them, but it doesn't show me if it sold out or not. Can someone tell me if it's still available? I can ship these to my friend in the US.

Quick question to those of you who have an account with DC Universe.

So I've given up on waiting for these to be released outside of the US (if it ever happens) fearing that it might turn into another GCPD set...
The website has a bundle with all of them, but it doesn't show me if it sold out or not. Can someone tell me if it's still available? I can ship these to my friend in the US.

I checked lordofanime and it looks like the bundle is still available for preorder. I got impatient and ordered mine individually but it is cheaper to do the full set.

It's still available, you just won't receive it until November once the whole set is released.

Out of curiousity, can someone list a few online places that you order from for figures or collectibles, that are reliable and not from California? I've been using BBTs for the last ten years but something has been changing over there that I need to start looking at other places to order from. Preferably, they have do the same "pile of loot" deal.

A question, having a account with DC, can U order multiple sets?

We all know where these "exclusive" figures are gonna lead...

scalpers-scalpers-everywhere.jpg

It's still available, you just won't receive it until November once the whole set is released.

Out of curiousity, can someone list a few online places that you order from for figures or collectibles, that are reliable and not from California? I've been using BBTs for the last ten years but something has been changing over there that I need to start looking at other places to order from. Preferably, they have do the same "pile of loot" deal.

I can't think of anyone else that does the pile of loot. Other than BBTS, I usually order from Entertainment Earth for current release stuff. I'm curious though, whats pushing you away from BBTS? I placed a couple of orders recently after a long sabatical, and I wasn't thrilled with the experience (I stopped ordering for reasons too). Packing and selection were decent but took almost 2 weeks to get my order.

Has anyone seen the new Dc justice league figures on ebay? And Ive been asking this question also, can U buy multiples, once U have a account with Dc?

Has anyone seen the new Dc justice league figures on ebay? And Ive been asking this question also, can U buy multiples, once U have a account with Dc?

There are a few around on ebay if you do a search.

There is no limit to the amount you can buy on the DCU store.

Cheers !!! So who's going to help me out ;)

I can't think of anyone else that does the pile of loot. Other than BBTS, I usually order from Entertainment Earth for current release stuff. I'm curious though, whats pushing you away from BBTS? I placed a couple of orders recently after a long sabatical, and I wasn't thrilled with the experience (I stopped ordering for reasons too). Packing and selection were decent but took almost 2 weeks to get my order.

I have been going to BBTS for over 10 years and have very rarely had any problems with their service nor their shipping. Recently though, their pre-orders have been coming up late and it seems they are only putting up a very limited stock. I have every figure from the DCUC and multiverse line and 90% came from BBTS. It's the only toy collection I have where I need to have it complete. I missed out on the Lex Luthor CnC wave but I thought it was my mistake, so I was very motivated not to miss the Aquaman wave. I have been checking their site almost everyday, and they only put the Pre-order for that 2 days ago, while other sites have had it for weeks and it is actually currently in stores now. And their pre-order for the whole wave was already sold out.

I really don't want to leave Bbts and what I have found as I research through other toy sites is that they are the most consistently cheap source, if I factor in the flat rate shipping of $4 and being out of state no tax. I'm just gritting my teeth on missing out on some cool figures because they messed up on their pre-orders. And I really hate paying $10+ from other sellers.

Anyway, i sent them an e-mail about this whole thing and hopefully they'll figure things out for the better.

There should really be an "accessory" pack on the way for these, since they dropped the ball BIG TIME
in not actually putting anything in with the actual figures.

Guess DC Collectibles is starting to play the "it costs too much money do do accessories" card that
Bandai was doing with their whole Power Rangers Legacy Line, lol.

Guess DC Collectibles is starting to play the "it costs too much money do do accessories" card that
Bandai was doing with their whole Power Rangers Legacy Line, lol.

Except that the Batman Animated figures are all coming with accessories. :dunno

I really think the lack of any accessories is a way for DCU to not only lure collectors into subscribing but to maximize their margin on this startup streaming venture through their online shop. I won't be surprised if we see every one of these eight figures offered again in another configuration WITH accessories once these sell through.

Just got the Harley Expressions pack in the mail. Have to say, it's the worst QC out of all the figures I've bought. One arm is jointed backwards, and the right hand will break if I try to take it off. Also, feet are impossible to remove to exchange for skates and the fish costume is really weird to pop in since the base where it is supposed to plug bulges like the plastic is full of air.

Dropped the ball, DC. Really dropped it. BTW, does anyone have the JL figures in hand and wants to show pics?

The fish head also plugs into the neck way higher than it should making Harley look way too tall. Really had been looking forward to that thing, and pretty much only that thing, but nah.

Last edited:
Back