DC Direct Build-a-Scene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^i'd agree that this pictures resembles the statue. i'd keep catwoman but replace the Huntress with Alfred and replace Batwoman with Batgirl. the others are fine IMO, but the Gordon and Nightwing sculpts look too anime?? inspired to me.

I'm actually upset we never got a BAS of Batman 619. All the Batfamily at the time was represented. Selina was there as well. While she isn't Bruce's ward she is the unofficial female head of all of Bruce's world.

Is Huntress a bigger part of Batman's world than Catwoman? I would think it'd be better to replace Huntress with Batgirl than Catwoman. Even without Batgirl that picture is a statue I would have bought.

Obviously, Catwoman has been around a hell of alot longer and has been a love interest for Batman, but I think Huntress (in my book) proved her worth and earned her stripes during No Man's Land and the Hush stories. Plus, she boned Nightwing, so that right there makes her family LOL :lol:lol

Last edited:
You can thank the Multiverse for the forced connection. Earth-2 Huntress was Helena Wayne, the daughter of Bruce and Selina. A lot of fans haven't separated the Earth-1 version from the Earth-2. In No Man's Land she posed as Batgirl so there is a connection there.

52 different Earths, all of the Elseworld tales can be attributed to one or another, even Kingdom Come happened on Earth-22. They are all smashed together now and believe it or not its more confusing now with what made it to New Earth and what hasn't.

That sounds really confusing and that is one of the big things that keeps me from reading too much DC material.

That sounds really confusing and that is one of the big things that keeps me from reading too much DC material.

Don't let that deter you though 28 cause you're missing out on a lot of awesome stories. I usually find that the only time all this multiple earths/hypertime stuff comes into play is in big huge Summer events anyway. I keep up on the Batverse and non of that stuff ever comes into play. and if there is, Wikipedia is you're friend :D

Batman is mostly what I read. I think the place I'll have the most trouble is when I get up to the Batman RIP stuff since that seems more or less related to the Final Crisis event. But it'll be awhile before I get there. I'm trying to read the big events in order (since I have no clue what order to read the single TPB's) so I've got several of those to go through.

Torrents are your friend, my friend. I downloaded the entire run of the Green Lantern from 2005 including all the side storys including the Corps, Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War just to refresh a few months back. It helped keep everything fresh while costing me not one single dime. Takes a bit to get used to reading comics on a computer but once you do its fantastic. I even uploaded a few to my iPhone picture folder to read on the go. :lol

I'm too much of a bibliophile for that. If I downloaded and read them on-line I would still have to buy the trade paperbacks. That's why I don't subscribe and get the paper ones, I'd have to get the tpb when its released. And I don't buy hardcover because not all are released in HC and I like my books to be uniform. Yeah, sometimes its hard being me.

I'm too much of a bibliophile for that. If I downloaded and read them on-line I would still have to buy the trade paperbacks. That's why I don't subscribe and get the paper ones, I'd have to get the tpb when its released. And I don't buy hardcover because not all are released in HC and I like my books to be uniform. Yeah, sometimes its hard being me.

I can totally relate bro. I have the same ticks lol hahahaha

Good to know I'm not alone.

So, what'd you decide Hairless? Are you gonna go for the Bat family and GL pieces?

Haha.. I decided to wait until I see in-hand pictures before pulling the trigger. Too many choices right now and not enough $$$ to cover everything.

:lol I know that feeling. My Sideshow order list has more on it right now than I think it did all of last year.

Trimming sucks. I hope you get to keep Ackbar. I had to cancel a few items in order to get the Yoda bust a few years ago and I'm glad I did. It's the centerpiece of my collection.

Yeah, well I'm also trying to figure out the direction I want to go with my collection. I have a lot of the Star Wars 1:1 props from MR, 1:1 busts, SW PF, Marvel PF, DC stuff, 1/6 figures, Marvel figures, and most of the Hot Toys Predator lineup.

So, I'm at the point now where I have no clue what gets priority on the shelf space, and I'm evaluating what needs to get cancelled and what makes the cut.

Back