DC Direct 13" Dark Knight Joker and Batman Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure look way better in person. I went to my local comic shop to pick up my weekly comics and as I was paying I noticed the purple suit caught my eye and Yes there he was Dc Direct TDK Joker needless to say I picked him up :chew:chew. Didnt expect them till like July/August.

I went and looked at them.

Batman was pretty bad. Nice head sculpt but being on the "big" body ruins it. It looked like it has a nice fabric suit under the rubber raised areas which weren't glued to the suit and possibly a wire in the cape.

Joker looked good. Pretty decent paint job and the suit looked pretty nicely done but I am not sure which body type he is on. He came with three sets of hands, three knives, three decks of cards, gun w/clip and the robbery mask. I was going to get it but the local store had jacked the price up $10 to $100 for the Joker and was selling the Batman for $80 with the retail being $90 a piece for both. I can see dropping the Batman price but was mad that they raised the Joker price to make up the difference.

I have the HT Joker on order and wish he had as many accessories for his price.

Last edited:
I'm really interested in seeing some pics of Joker. I know I won't get him because of the Hot Toys version, but I'd still like to see how this turned out. I'd also love to see some good repaints of it to see just how good that scan came out.

Anyone that does get this and for some reason doesn't want the Bank Mask, let me know!

Pics from a friend:
joker13.jpg

joker12.jpg

joker11.jpg

joker3-1.jpg

joker1-2.jpg

I think the likeness is in there (it is a scan afterall), but I'm guessing this is one of those that just seriously needs a repaint. Remember Mattel's Dark Knight Joker? Josh really brought that to life!

Joker is a definite wow for this line. Very nice. Bats is okay - I'll have to see what he looks like in person.

Nice pics! Here is what I like and don't like...

Shirt
Pants
shoes
weapons

Dislikes:
Oversized vest
Oversized tie
WAAY oversized mask
Gloves are painted too light

But a decent figure, just bad price for a decent figure.

I just bought the Joker- 13" figure today, a few bad things about it: figure does not come with socks or pocket chain, and foot articulation sucks. Other than that its actually a pretty good figure.

I'm relatively new to the concept of scanning for figures and such. Could someone explain to me how the process works? Is it self explanatory?

Why can't they scan the actor in a more interesting facial expression? Wouldn't that allow for more personality in the sculpt? Or is it something they took from the movie resources?

They rarely scan just for merchandise. If the actor was scanned for special effects in the film then the licensor can usually borrow the scan to use for merchandise. And the time it takes to do a scan prohibits any extreme expressions, it has to be neutral. It's up to the sculptor to give it life (and there's always a sculptor to come after a scan).

I tried to buy Joker today - but the LCS said they sold out in under an hour.

Back