DARKMAN!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, I'm liking it. I'll probably pre-order.

I'm happy that Sideshow develops more obscure characters, especially in a higher-collectible format like PF. I'd like to see more of this.

The PF looks fantastic but too bad I don't have the $ or room for a PF. Here's to holding out for the 12" line... :rolleyes:

In other Darkman news, I just ordered it as one of my freebies on my HD-DVD form. I can't wait to check it out in 8-10 weeks... :rock

The excl. Darkman PF has been available for pre-order since 10 PM. Ordered it, but I'm not fussy on the 2nd head.

The excl. Darkman PF has been available for pre-order since 10 PM. Ordered it, but I'm not fussy on the 2nd head.

Ordered it too, but the exclusive head is very disappointing. Exactly what I was worried about with Neeson's likeness, but on top of that, the scarred areas are way off too. Looks like the bandaged head will be the only on on display.

I really like this movie and the likeness on the second head looks really off. I think I'll save a couple of bucks and get it from an AD....

The unbandaged head looks identical to a blown up SOTA head. Not sure that is a compliement or not. Yeah, it doesn't look like Liam, but honestly with 3/4 of the face burned, how could it really? Seems like a better idea to make it look like Liam, but not enough to pay for a likeness license.

I can't wait for the 1:6 figure now! Sideshow always does great gore!

The unbandaged head looks identical to a blown up SOTA head. Not sure that is a compliement or not.

Um, that would be a no, but since that head is sitting near me, wow, it is almost identical. And both are off. SOTA's is slightly more accurate. I think I'd be more forgiving if it didn't have the slightest bit of undamaged skin tissue above and below the right eye. While it isn't blackened like the rest of his face, it still should be chewed up some. The smoothness of it really is disappointing. Looks like I'll be making my own second head for this, or, like the SOTA toy, leave it displayed with the bandages on.

crap.jpg

it is an awesome PF..I'm tempted.

Same here, trying to think of a spot for it in my theatre room as of now...got so many PF's coming...got my Vader, Obi, Ash, and on the way is Darkness, and Alien 3 maquette, going to get a Indiana Jones when they popup for PPO...Darkman would fit in quite nicely with all these...damn temptation...:D

it may not be perfect but it represents Darkman very nicely and everyone, who knows the movie, will immediately recognize it. Nice....would love to have it but i have to mantain focus on my main lines....and i already have too many lines outside those main lines already.

I pre-ordered the exclusive, but not sure if I'll hold on to it or just go with the regular.

He looks pretty cool, not 100% accurate (especially around the teeth) but still really nice.

Here's to hoping the 1/6 is as nice, because I'd get that one.

Um, that would be a no, but since that head is sitting near me, wow, it is almost identical. And both are off. SOTA's is slightly more accurate. I think I'd be more forgiving if it didn't have the slightest bit of undamaged skin tissue above and below the right eye. While it isn't blackened like the rest of his face, it still should be chewed up some. The smoothness of it really is disappointing. Looks like I'll be making my own second head for this, or, like the SOTA toy, leave it displayed with the bandages on.

crap.jpg

Parker, from reading this thread throughout it's obvious you are a huge fan of Darkman, as am I. Keep this in mind when considering Sideshow's sculpt, however. We are darn lucky that anyone picked this license up at all. Much less that its getting such a high end treatment. I think it's great, and we are lucky to get it. Yet I can understand if a favorite character is not done "to a tee". I hated the 8" Sideshow Wolfman(face off). I hated the 12" Sideshow Wolfman(too skinny). The PF was exquisite. So, maybe it will work in reverse order for DM. Maybe the 12" will be perfected.:rotfl

Back