Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't received this email. I also ordered from KG Hobbies.
OK. Good to know.
I just got another email from KG saying -----

'We got the reply from the Hong Kong Post.
We refer to the above Speedpost item you posted.
Upon receipt of your inquiry, we have referred the case to our counterpart in the United States for investigation immediately. They advised that the item has been held by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) since 20 February 2022. CBP has 45 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) to process the item. If the package is seized, CBP has an additional 45 days to notify the addressee, the International Mail Branch will send a letter to the recipient to explain the reason and provide specific contact information for further assistance.

So basically it's held by US Custom and it can take very long time to reach me.
I don't know why it's in Chicago and why it's held in custom, but Everything KG sent this year had a bad luck in delivery.

Additional info by Googling:
How Long Does it Take for a Package to Clear Customs in Chicago? - 48 hours at most. Checks and screening by the custom personnel should not be more than 48hours, but in many instances, we have had packages stuck for over 5 to 7 days or even more...

Last edited:
OK. Good to know.

Upon receipt of your inquiry, we have referred the case to our counterpart in the United States for investigation immediately. They advised that the item has been held by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) since 20 February 2022. CBP has 45 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) to process the item. If the package is seized, CBP has an additional 45 days to notify the addressee, the International Mail Branch will send a letter to the recipient to explain the reason and provide specific contact information for further assistance.

I don't know why it's in Chicago and why it's held in custom, but Everything KG sent this year had a bad luck in delivery.

How Long Does it Take for a Package to Clear Customs in Chicago? - 48 hours at most. Checks and screening by the custom personnel should not be more than 48hours, but in many instances, we have had packages stuck for over 5 to 7 days or even more...
UGH.

OK. Good to know.

I lived in the Midwest and had to deal with shipping through Chicago. They are the worst. I've been told over worked and way understaffed. I've had international packages go to Chicago international, then shipped to Texas for processing, then back to Chicago international before finally leaving the country. Everything has eventually made it but it can take awhile.

Seems like the issue is with EMS and KGH . At this point I wish I could just ask for a refund. I did purchase another through a fellow board member which is arriving today.

Just received the parted out head and coat from ebay today, and I gotta say the quality is a whole lot nicer than I was expecting. I honestly wasn't really feeling the original Buffy sculpt too much, but in hand the likeness on this recast head is just amazing, and probably better than any other Ford sculpt I have.

Bought mine from kit from his second run and tracking says he is stateside and in GA. Hopefully its here early next week, very excited to see it in hand.

Bought mine from kit from his second run and tracking says he is stateside and in GA. Hopefully its here early next week, very excited to see it in hand.
Got one of them today. I really solid figure from the packaging, sculpt and outfit. As always needs a few tweeks but a worthy purchase.

Three repaints later I'm getting happier with this.

P2260375.JPG

Crop

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 6.21.20 PM.png

This is a really difficult paint job to get right for the context of the movie.. too much dirt/beard/'character' you lose Deckard and Indiana Jones comes out. Too little and it looks far too clean for the movie.

Another thing I only realised recently is how much lighter his hair colour is. Unless it's wet, the colour is a much lighter brown than I first entertained. Very close in tone to the overcoat.

54395437_355591761716980_3577755058042830848_n.jpg

Getting the contrast right for the skintone and the hair is a real dealbreaker in how convincing it is, I think.
All depends what scenes your looking to simulate I guess too.

View attachment 564491

Crop

View attachment 564493

This is a really difficult paint job to get right for the context of the movie.. too much dirt/beard/'character' you lose Deckard and Indiana Jones comes out. Too little and it looks far too clean for the movie.

Another thing I only realised recently is how much lighter his hair colour is. Unless it's wet, the colour is a much lighter brown than I first entertained. Very close in tone to the overcoat.

View attachment 564494

Getting the contrast right for the skintone and the hair is a real dealbreaker in how convincing it is, I think.
Scene lighting plays a big factor in how color comes across. Above there is obviously a very bright cool light making things more 'white' a lighter than when natural white would be used.

View attachment 564491

Crop

View attachment 564493

View attachment 564494

That is one fine Deckard. In the original making of book, the coat is described as being a russet colour, paler in many respects than the dark brown it's represented as in figures and kits prior to this. The colours on this figure are as close as I think anyone has got to the originals. Lighting has always been key and you rarely see Deckard wearing his coat in broad daylight. You have really nailed him.

That is one fine Deckard. In the original making of book, the coat is described as being a russet colour, paler in many respects than the dark brown it's represented as in figures and kits prior to this. The colours on this figure are as close as I think anyone has got to the originals. Lighting has always been key and you rarely see Deckard wearing his coat in broad daylight. You have really nailed him.

Thanks Rogerbee!

Yeah, this is the big test with painting this sculpt, I always try to paint for broad daylight and then the accuracy under other lighting should work. This is what I see in my living room's crappy light, which isn't unlike something from the movie as far as dimness goes anyway and it looks pretty decent to me.

P2260400.JPG

Courtesy of Angel Aneses on Facebook:

View attachment 564543

He doesn't know which hat that is, but, it does look really good!

That looks great. I'm now more confident that I can use that bloody head sculpt for a TOD Indy.

By the way, I just checked the tracker and mine finally left Customs and is in the hands of the USPS. Let's see how long it now takes to make it down here, but at least it is moving again.

Already got mine from Kit’s second batch. I forgot how annoying trying to futz 1/6 collars and ties could be lol. I may eventually cut the button from the collar to let it open up a bit but haven’t decided yet, I was expecting it to be a typical snap button. The sculpt is, as people have mentioned before, good but made with weirdly translucent plastic. Even with the stock paintwork I think it would have looked so much better if it had been made with the regular plastic we are used to. Definitely need to look into a body replacement eventually to fix the long neck issue. I switched out the hands for a pair from my young Han Solo figure, which seemed appropriate.

Attachments

• 7C9B6E5F-CDC4-4F38-A1FD-48A9CA8AC3A7.jpeg
    7C9B6E5F-CDC4-4F38-A1FD-48A9CA8AC3A7.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 96
Back