Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing some work on the jacket and shirt today and found something I don't think has been reported yet.

The apparent lack of fasteners on the shirt is because there's actually magnets in both sides.

IMG_5456.jpg

The problem is, (on mine anyway) that the magnets weren't fixed in place and have moved out of alignment with their opposite. You can push them around a bit to line them up and you'll find the shirt closes a lot better, it's not exactly strong, but an improvement.

I have a feeling they realised this issue after the fact and then decided to put a stitch in the top of the collar to at least keep the top together.

Today's work:
Got the front outer coat buttons re-sewn with invisible thread
First pass wetting/staining of outer coat.
Used some adhesive fabric tape for some socks
Filled in gap/notch of the shoes with epoxy putty, sanded and repainted (this makes them close enough to the Stan Smith originals for me).

P2270420.JPG

Shoe crop:

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 10.36.23 PM.png

Looking pretty good for what I'm after now, but I'm sure I will do some further tinkering.

If anybody's looking, I'd like to sell mine at my cost $225 shipped USA. Only opened to check for the belt/holster which are present. Located in NJ.
EDIT: Oof, this was a mistake! :lol Sorry if I offended with my outrageous price.

Last edited:
Today's work:
Got the front outer coat buttons re-sewn with invisible thread
First pass wetting/staining of outer coat.
Used some adhesive fabric tape for some socks
Filled in gap/notch of the shoes with epoxy putty, sanded and repainted (this makes them close enough to the Stan Smith originals for me).

View attachment 564673

Shoe crop:

View attachment 564674

Looking pretty good for what I'm after now, but I'm sure I will do some further tinkering.
ooh I am going to steal that idea for socks! I have some black bookbinding cloth that should so the trick. Thanks for the tip!

I finally added a Blade Runner figure to my famous cinema robot shelf. Great figure right out of the box, and at a reasonable price. I only added some foam to his traps to reduce giraffe neck, reduced the high gloss on his gun and shoes, and added a thin wire to his neck tie and coat belt. Definite grail for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9983.JPG
    IMG_9983.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9982.JPG
    IMG_9982.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9981.JPG
    IMG_9981.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 103
Wow, that looks spot on for a Raiders Indy. I may just have to pick up another of these heads now.
Depends on which hat you can find and what you have to do to get it to fit. The one in his pic is a bit small and I'm thinking it's a Hero Heads hat. There aren't many proper spot on Raiders hats around.

Mine arrived today, out of the blue.

I just did a very quick inspection and I definitely like it better than I expected to. Paint apps were pretty good and not as "waxy" looking as some of the pics posted. The wounded sculpt appears to be better painted, too. Belt and holster were in a little Ziploc baggie. I will be checking it out further and in detail soon but truly glad I picked it up. The only noticeable negative was the rather long neck on the regular sculpt.

By the way, I was surprised by the small size of the figure box.

Mine arrived today, out of the blue.

I just did a very quick inspection and I definitely like it better than I expected to. Paint apps were pretty good and not as "waxy" looking as some of the pics posted. The wounded sculpt appears to be better painted, too. Belt and holster were in a little Ziploc baggie. I will be checking it out further and in detail soon but truly glad I picked it up. The only noticeable negative was the rather long neck on the regular sculpt.

By the way, I was surprised by the small size of the figure box.
I like the box design , it's nothing like HT's or Sideshows. It is a great figure over all . I have yet to get the one I ordered through KGH , it's still sitting in limbo in HK since 2/10 . Do you know when yours actually left HK . I was going to give it another 2 weeks and if nothing see if I can get a refund . Otherwise if I eventually do get it sell it or see if anyone wants to trade for the 2049 K figure , HT Classic Suite Spidey or the new ASH figure from Evil Dead.

Update!

Just checked it's in Chicago now.

Last edited:
I like the box design , it's nothing like HT's or Sideshows. It is a great figure over all . I have yet to get the one I ordered through KGH , it's still sitting in limbo in HK since 2/10 . Do you know when yours actually left HK . I was going to give it another 2 weeks and if nothing see if I can get a refund . Otherwise if I eventually do get it sell it or see if anyone wants to trade for the 2049 K figure , HT Classic Suite Spidey or the new ASH figure from Evil Dead.

Update!

Just checked it's in Chicago now.
Great news on it's arrival in Chicago. You should be getting it within several days.

I finally added a Blade Runner figure to my famous cinema robot shelf. Great figure right out of the box, and at a reasonable price. I only added some foam to his traps to reduce giraffe neck, reduced the high gloss on his gun and shoes, and added a thin wire to his neck tie and coat belt. Definite grail for me.
Deckard is not a replicant 🤨. (joke, imo off course.)

Deckard is Schrodinger's Replicant.
I was actually going to ask that question. The screen writer and Philip K Dick did not intend for Deckard to be a Replicant . It was something that Ridley Scott decided on his own. I know he made it a point to add hints in the 92 directors cut to drive that point home. Supposedly Deckard as a Replicant has Gaffs memories.

Back