Daredevil right back in Marvel Studios hands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playstation 4 is incoming :panic:

They took a loss on the PS3 for many years if i recall. But with Spider-Man they're still grossing big money, they've made 3.24 billion and the spider-man franchise and are 2, 3, 4 & 7 of the highest grossing Marvel movies & the most successful reboot of a bunch of pop culture franchises that includes Star Trek and Batman Begins

Playstation 4!!!!!!! I haz excite pantz on!

The Affleck film is underrated IMO.

I always thought it was okay. I still need to see the Director's Cut.

Playstation 4 is incoming :panic:

They took a loss on the PS3 for many years if i recall.

But with Spider-Man they're still grossing big money, they've grossed 3.24 billion and the with the Spider-Man franchise and the movies are second, third, fourth & fifth of the highest grossing Marvel movies. Also ASM is apparently the most successful reboot of a bunch of pop culture franchises that includes Star Trek and Batman Begins

Right, ASM is making them money, but not enough. Their outflow is greater than their inflow. PS4's impact is an uncertainty, but they can't bank the entirety if their company on the PS4 alone.

I wish them well, but they're not in the best place right now.

I like Sony, but they've got to adapt. As far as electronics go, they seem to treat their stuff like luxury products, and, as much as I've always felt they've delivered quality, we aren't really in the climate to do that, anymore.

It should be noted that Fox only showed movement on Daredevil recently because that was one of the criteria for them keeping the rights. Since they didn't deliver a new film the rights reverted back to Marvel. I would almost rather see Daredevil as a high quality TV show. I am enjoying Arrow and I think Daredevil could thrive in that format if done correctly. Spend a little more time on his law carreer and make it interesting for Law and Order fans to keep up the ratings? Or just for a goof go the 66 Batman route and bring in some of the goofy villians like the Owl and Stiltman.

People want it to be better, but it isn't.
Unless they take the see saw scene out, then I suspect I won't care any more or less for it. I also think the DD movie is underrated. There are truly bad comic movies out there (looking at Fantastic Fours, Ghost Rider, Johah Hex), this ain't one of them, though I think DD himself could have been better cast, the attempt at humor should have been all but removed, and the melodrama could have been toned down. Colin Farrel was an excellent Bullseye IMO, but that costume choice was awful.

Dare Devil : Jon Favreau's Iron Man Practice.

DD wasn't bad but it's also just kind of there and doesn't draw you back to it. Like a trash can in the subway, its nice to know its there but most people just throw **** on the floor anyway.

The see saw seen was cute.

I think all the main characters were well cast except for Favreau. It had some decent camp. Farrel's Bullseye was a hoot. It was a fun movie for the time.

DD wasn't bad but it's also just kind of there and doesn't draw you back to it. Like a trash can in the subway, its nice to know its there but most people just throw **** on the floor anyway.

That's cause DD is a second almost third tier character.

I think they removed some of the love story with Elektra in the Directors cut and I actually found myself missing it. The added stuff was good though.

Not being a comic-book reader I had no preferance for who'd play Daredevil and as such have no problem with Affleck in the role.

Was he involved beyond his role as Foggy Nelson? I actually thought he was well cast, since the character in the comics was supposed to be this bumbling nerd that I think Favreau pulled off.

The see saw seen was cute.
You are out of your ever loving mind, good sir.

Thing is Farrel didn't have respect from stuff like In Bruges at the time, and Affleck was just an annoying pretty boy that followed Matt Damon around.

I think it's one of those movies that does better now that those leads have gained some respect as actors. MCD is dead, Fav goes onto Iron Man fame so it's sort of more interesting in retrospect.

Personally, I wasn't against Affleck just because he was Affleck at the time. In fact, I was a big fan of some of his work (including the Tom Clancy film), but his Daredevil came off as. . .off somehow. A bit flatter than he should have been, the brooding and cloud of hopelessness that is a key part of Daredevil's stories didn't feel legit, and the snarky frat boy persona of his came through a little too strongly for my tastes. If he played the role now, I think it would be better because he's matured as a human and as an actor.

Farrel played Bullseye as over the top and bat**** crazy, and people took issue with it, but those people probably didn't know the source character very well. He's supposed to be a manic psychopath. I think Garner was wrong for Elektra, but that didn't bother me too much. They could have done worse, and she made for good eye candy.

Back