Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been asked before, I could find an answer. Can you tighten the straps on the weapons? Annoying how easily they guns slide off him.

It could just be the accessories were made at the same factory.

Back in 2013-ish, there was really only one factory that made guns, or at least 'good' guns, because their molds were so crisp and clean, they supplied all the guns for Hot Toys and other modern military figures. They were basically OEM manufacturers, and brands would just buy whatever guns they needed from this factory and pack them with their figures. I want to say the factory name was like Womaz, or something like that.

There are only three or four factories that can produce high-end 1/6 scale stuff, so that's why so much of it looks the same. You have just a handful of factories producing for all the brands in the hobby.

Yeah could be that too, Damtoys has made weapons for other brands before. I'm kind of hoping Ekauz is just Damtoys branching out into unlicensed territory though.
It does seem a little unlikely that an unknown company's first release is this detailed, with the same exact accessories as Leon. lol
And Damtoys is well known for their military figures.
But yeah, I hope it is them, as it it might mean we'll be getting other figures we wouldn't normally get as well.

Yeah could be that too, Damtoys has made weapons for other brands before. I'm kind of hoping Ekauz is just Damtoys branching out into unlicensed territory though.
It does seem a little unlikely that an unknown company's first release is this detailed, with the same exact accessories as Leon. lol
And Damtoys is well known for their military figures.
But yeah, I hope it is them, as it it might mean we'll be getting other figures we wouldn't normally get as well.

i doubt they would risk a working relationship with capcom to sell bootlegs of their own product, it's weird that they have the same guns though.

I'm pretty sure Damtoys might have made him already. [emoji848]

b17eb63f70c1ea1a52da8b59816b9c65.jpg
f547b360d222487faed6b8868d0bb3cb.jpg
ad1a4f6d1f3f2435cd0bba5818e7317c.jpg
9b9be3e9c2a85e5502a7616720bce973.jpg

Damn...didn't know about this. Once I get the funds this will be an instant buy for me. Love how they have the broken lense as well.

I'm pretty sure Damtoys might have made him already. [emoji848]

The reviewer was pretty convinced as well that it was DAM (i.e., VTS).

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372627&extra=page=1

It has VTS' fingerprints all over it, but it was something they didn't want associated with themselves or their licensed DAM brand.

This figure's been on my radar since it was announced, but not because of the Resident Evil connection.

101850jw3wjd9ad0xr6i0v.jpg

101851hkbefpckecfqckzl.jpg

I checked Giantoy and they still had him for the pre-order price, so I bought one.

How fast or well is this figure selling? I see him still on pre-order on sites like Sideshow and BBTS but god does he look amazing. I actually think his price is sort of justifiable too.

It has VTS' fingerprints all over it, but it was something they didn't want associated with themselves or their licensed DAM brand.

I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt if the generic weapons were the same, but considering ALL the accessories are the same, including the RE-specific ones like the First Aid Spray, it's a much more convincing case.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372627&extra=page=1

This figure's been on my radar since it was announced, but not because of the Resident Evil connection.

I checked Giantoy and they still had him for the pre-order price, so I bought one.

I'm convinced from those photos too, accessories look the exact same, they are using the same body and hands with the same style of pegs. Even the box and clamshell style looks the same, obviously slightly different though.

I'm gonna guess they prototyped this, Capcom said no, so they decided to make it anyway unofficially.

How fast or well is this figure selling? I see him still on pre-order on sites like Sideshow and BBTS but god does he look amazing. I actually think his price is sort of justifiable too.

I went with BBTS since I missed the preorder cut off on onesixthkit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt if the generic weapons were the same, but considering ALL the accessories are the same, including the RE-specific ones like the First Aid Spray, it's a much more convincing case.

I'm convinced from those photos too, accessories look the exact same, they are using the same body and hands with the same style of pegs. Even the box and clamshell style looks the same, obviously slightly different though.

I'm gonna guess they prototyped this, Capcom said no, so they decided to make it anyway unofficially.

VTS is such a ballsy company. They get licenses through DAM with one hand, yet it's such a poorly kept secret that with the other hand they're making just about anything they want. It's funny that Sideshow sell DAM items, considering how they tried to gut this place over unlicensed product.

The EKUAZ figure is a really cheeky one, and as you guess, chris, they probably did prototype it as it looks so close to the actual RE2 2019 design.

This legit has me concerned over the REmake2 license and Damtoys. I’m positive “grim reaper” is a result of whatever slow process between capcom and damtoys.

I wonder...if the lack of any kind of announcements is because capcom realized damtoys are involved with unofficial figures and have “terminated” it? I mean, this is pure speculation, but we have had NO reveals whatsoever.

This legit has me concerned over the REmake2 license and Damtoys. I?m positive ?grim reaper? is a result of whatever slow process between capcom and damtoys.

I wonder...if the lack of any kind of announcements is because capcom realized damtoys are involved with unofficial figures and have ?terminated? it? I mean, this is pure speculation, but we have had NO reveals whatsoever.

The license was announced in April 2019. Leon was revealed September 2020. That timeline makes sense if they started working on the figure when they signed the license, but realistically they probably started working on a proto before then, signed the license and continued working on the proto until it was approved in 2020.

Considering how long it took from announcement to reveal, it's not terribly surprising that we haven't seen a Claire yet.

Also, even LIM who're doing the unlicensed 1/12 Leon haven't revealed a 1/12 Claire, so it's not like DAM is behind the times or something like that.

Having said all that, detailed photo reviews showing that Grim Reaper is made of the same parts as Leon probably doesn't help. :monkey1

So vts is for certain dam toys? How did anybody figure that out?

You would think they would have a Claire pro-type by now. Or a tease of what?s coming with the line.... and I buy a lot of 3rd party figures and they always come with the foam packaging. I could be wrong but everything from the packaging/accessories/details give me damtoys vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been known since 2011, but the whole story is a complicated one:

In August 2011 VTS renamed their military figures as DAM - they did this mid-production of a certain figure which caused a fair bit of confusion.

In November 2012 Crazy Dummy merged with DAM to become DAMTOYS.

It was believed that DAM was also the same company as ACE, and VTS was the same company as Toys City.

So, it would seem that VTS is the head of a family containing ACE, Toys City, Crazy Dummy and DAMTOYS.

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/626195-vts-renamed-dam-dam-body.html

An example of the confusion from the time:

Dragonclaws said:
I've seen company change gear, replace weapon... while they are taking preorder. But I've never seen any company change their own identity and logo in a middle of making the figure. I am really curious to find out why they do this. Did anyone try to contact VTS or the people in the know why they do this.
I cancel my preorder from my dealer when they do this because I don't know who DAM is and certainly don't know what is the quality of their stuff.

I remember first noticing it when the VTS Revenger figure came out.

DAMVTS.jpg

Nowadays, most brands try to emulate Hot Toys' graphic design when it comes to promo photos, but years back it wasn't like that. So to see these two brands using the same backdrop, the same ruler, the same pose, and even the same angle of photography ... it's pretty obvious.

Granted the pose and accessory layout is similar to Soldier Story, but the angle of their photography was different from DAM/VTS photography. Now, VTS has moved away from that style of photography and more closely emulating the Hot Toys style, but back then it was obvious.

Back