Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been content with my older game RE customs for a decade now but I may bite on these remake figures soon before they sell out forever.

Another lesser known fact, Hunk's name was supposed to be "Hank" but since "Hank" and "Hunk" are pronounced/spelt the same in Japanese it was a mistranslation they decided to just stick with. "Human Unit Never Killed" is false and was from a fake RE5 hype website from like 2005 and I HATE how it's still referred to to this day by ignorant fans of the community.

I didn't know that, that's an awesome fact!! Not gonna lie Hank sounds ridiculous after knowing him as HUNK for so many years xD The Remake figures are pretty awesome so far, i would 100% recommend that DamToys Leon Kennedy.

Seems like an easy explanation maybe that his name is hank but his squad uses hunk for a codename, if they ever wanted to actually explain it in a game. he's probably never showing up in another re tho.

Does anyone that has the Hunk figure know if they helmet sits any lower on his head than what those in han photos show? In the game the rim of the sits a bit lower, the promo photos show it correctly too. It's also missing rivet thing in the middle of his helmet but whatever.

0NZGFIE.png

Does anyone that has the Hunk figure know if they helmet sits any lower on his head than what those in han photos show? In the game the rim of the sits a bit lower, the promo photos show it correctly too. It's also missing rivet thing in the middle of his helmet but whatever.

I tried, but it only sits at the top of the lens surrounds.

I Googled PASGT S10 to see photographs of how the helmet sits on the mask in real life, and in the first ones that came up they sit as it does on the figure.

ZQxoJIB.jpg

1789393.jpg

mda9956hqw401.jpg

0eba51a3bc28dc04e4d3e66d1c520f4d.jpg

There was one cosplayer who had the brim down over the top of the lenses, but they may have cut the mask to do so.

ee98490ce85c4829552ed76702d8b772.jpg

Appears that the game chose to have it sitting lower as a design choice.

I tried, but it only sits at the top of the lens surrounds.

I Googled PASGT S10 to see photographs of how the helmet sits on the mask in real life, and in the first ones that came up they sit as it does on the figure.

There was one cosplayer who had the brim down over the top of the lenses, but they may have cut the mask to do so.

Appears that the game chose to have it sitting lower as a design choice.

Is there any additional padding or something in the helmet stopping it?

I much prefer how it looks in game. I assume it must be possible since the promo pics have it, not sure what could have changed between then and release.

nWZMYkj.png

Is there any additional padding or something in the helmet stopping it?

I much prefer how it looks in game. I assume it must be possible since the promo pics have it, not sure what could have changed between then and release.

nWZMYkj.png

I don't remember anything inside it, apart from the straps that run around the inside.

For those promo photos I think they must've had a different sized head inside, because the helmet doesn't seem long enough to sit both over the back of the head and over the front of the mask. Even pushing down on it won't make it sit lower.

Rather than make new sculpts specific to the game, VTS has just gone to their back catalogue of military moulds and pulled out the PASGT and S10/FM12.

They may even have cut the top of the mask or cut part of the head to fake the game accurate promo images.

They may even have cut the top of the mask or cut part of the head to fake the game accurate promo images.
I doubt they cheated and cut it, more likely they used another head, since the eyes aren't present in the promo shots, wish I knew what head though, considering the lenses are more bright. I'll have to track down a similar head.

In other news, I got my Leon today, few glaring QC issues on mine, did anybody else have a mangled head socket? The neck socket tube just slides right out and his head sits lightly lower than it should. The belt is also an issue, I've got some of the glue coming undone on the velcro bits. His shirt collar and the way it sits on the body is screwed up too, doesn't seem like the rest of the ones I've seen are like this though.

I doubt they cheated and cut it, more likely they used another head, since the eyes aren't present in the promo shots, wish I knew what head though, considering the lenses are more bright. I'll have to track down a similar head.

Either way... they cheated. :wink1:

For me the real world look is preferable to the game model, but any head could be made to make the game look work.

I cut down a Disney Krennic head so that the PASGT helmet from Hot Toys' Lt. Jim Gordon could be worn on the figure I was going to use as company for HUNK. It was just a matter of taking a hacksaw to the top and upper back of the sculpt, and once the balaclava and helmet was on, you couldn't tell.

Either way... they cheated. :wink1:

For me the real world look is preferable to the game model, but any head could be made to make the game look work.

I cut down a Disney Krennic head so that the PASGT helmet from Hot Toys' Lt. Jim Gordon could be worn on the figure I was going to use as company for HUNK. It was just a matter of taking a hacksaw to the top and upper back of the sculpt, and once the balaclava and helmet was on, you couldn't tell.

I think they might've intended to just include a regular non ghost head at first, but skipped it because of whatever issues they had getting it out. Assuming this was going to be a DAM release allegedly.

I got my Grim Reaper last night (delivered at 11pm?!)...had a quick look at it and I love it. Really like the character and this release does it justice IMO. I see what others mean on being able to see the eyes; I think I'll maybe just spin his balaclava around 180 degrees so all you see is black.

So ekuaz, is this their first release? Where did they come from.

Anybody get their Hunk in? I don't know whether to post this in the custom thread or this one since he didn't get his own.

After having my Ekuaz hunk figure for a few weeks now, I definitely agree, I mean I had my suspicions before receiving it but once I got it in hand i’m fairly sure it is dam toys operating under a different name. The body, accessories, weapons are all identical to the Dam Toys Leon. Maybe a slight lesser quality? Like for example the strap material is slightly stiffer?. Almost like they were made in dam toys B factory? But yeah, the same. Hunk is a great figure. Thoroughly recommended from me to people who are on the fence.

Should have released it under VTS flag, people would have had the confidence to grab it since announced.
I will probably pass on this :(

It's been an open secret for years, and not even a secret in the beginning because it was announced officially, that DAM Toys was one of VTS' brand names. Since VTS are holding a RE licence through their DAM brand it was surprising enough that they even risked making an unlicensed RE figure that was so identifiable with themselves.

But then VTS has gotten away with making unlicensed figures for so long, while also gaining licences through the more 'reputable' face of DAM, almost daring to get caught. Maybe companies are genuinely ignorant about the connection, or merely turn a blind eye as long as there's no infringement of their own properties.

However, with the creation of the EKUAZ name it's evident that even VTS has a line they won't cross.

Back