Action Figure DAMTOYS: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - Leon Scott Kennedy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6159f5b17cc008c68a357fcd1aaa4619.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember when I first realised they were the same company, but it was quite a few years back.

Like many still do, I assumed VTS was an offshoot of DAM until I did some digging into the history of the companies on OSW and saw ZIPCOOLO's announcement. It just seemed more natural that the unlicensed wing was an offshoot of the licensed one, and not actually the reverse.

Giantoy shipped the EKUAZ figure this morning by an 'Expedited' service, so hopefully he won't take too long.

I liked the look of the figure from the start because he had a 1980s SAS HRT vibe.

The gas mask look was a big selling point, and coming with two separate masks was a bonus I didn't expect. I have a few Resident Evil figures, mainly because I liked the look of them rather than because they represented games (which I've never played), and consider them as general post-apocalyptic survivors. The RE2 HUNK is likewise a versatile figure that could fit into numerous scenarios, such as The Last of Us.

I regret not getting Hunk now, probably won't be able to secure an order now that I know, only held out because I thought we'd get an official one from Dam, but I guess that'll never happen.

I regret not getting Hunk now, probably won't be able to secure an order now that I know, only held out because I thought we'd get an official one from Dam, but I guess that'll never happen.

Still available on Giantoy

Yes, if you want him, faker, I'd jump on the Giantoy listing.

KG Hobby had extras in stock the other day, but they look like they've already gone, and were more expensive. Giantoy still have him at the pre-order price.

I managed to knock another $5 off with rewards, and bumped my reward total back up to $5 in the process, but I buy so rarely from them.

Yes, if you want him, faker, I'd jump on the Giantoy listing.

KG Hobby had extras in stock the other day, but they look like they've already gone, and were more expensive. Giantoy still have him at the pre-order price.

I managed to knock another $5 off with rewards, and bumped my reward total back up to $5 in the process, but I buy so rarely from them.
just as well, sold out now, shame there probably won't be a second run of these, I really wish capcom just let Dam sell the damn toys.

I can't remember when I first realised they were the same company, but it was quite a few years back.

Like many still do, I assumed VTS was an offshoot of DAM until I did some digging into the history of the companies on OSW and saw ZIPCOOLO's announcement. It just seemed more natural that the unlicensed wing was an offshoot of the licensed one, and not actually the reverse.
A lot of the bigger names now started as unlicensed right?

Just preordered the UB Toys Claire 'Locomotive Girl'. If Damtoys announces Claire, great and I'll get it, but don't want to risk missing out.

You're right, I think a lot of them did. Such as Hot Toys, or Asmus who created Xensation for their even riskier unlicensed product.

hell one of Asmus's first was an unlicensed Dante and Nero from dmc4, and they later got the real license to do it 10 years later.

The 'EKUAZ' HUNK arrived.

This thing shouts VTS/DAM from the rooftops! From the quality box, internal layout, the shared parts as already noted, and the general overall standard.

It's also going to be like building a Lego set without instructions. lol

Very impressed with HUNK.

Took almost all day to put together because there's so many fiddly straps to adjust, and packs and equipment to attach. There's even working metal ALICE clips for the pouches, and the knife scabbard attaches to the belt with its own unique metal spring clip - like the one in this photo:

wm_4050093.jpg

The last time I encountered that level of accuracy on a military figure, for things are never even seen once assembled, was ACE's Vietnam War girls.

He has extra long ankle pegs, so I padded them so they fill out the boots properly. I also removed his green T-shirt as it was a bit of waste leaving it on him, and may prove useful for another figure.

Changing the gas mask was a pain, because the lower straps keep pulling out of their buckles as they stretch over his head. The solution was to tighten them quite a bit, so there was still a bit of the ends remaining once the mask was on - just enough to grab with tweezers.

51175449480_af06291938_o.jpg

51173709487_8e4919e083_o.jpg

51175478970_b8250b3e2d_o.jpg

51174611698_3df6ac7e1c_o.jpg

This'll probably mean a lot more to the rest of you than it does me:

51174581933_02d536f1f4_o.jpg

Very cool Asta! Cannot wait for mine to arrive, it's just left China...playing as Hunk in the remake was one of my favorite parts of the game as short as it is! I hope we get to play as him again as he is in RE2R in the future.

Very cool Asta! Cannot wait for mine to arrive, it's just left China...playing as Hunk in the remake was one of my favorite parts of the game as short as it is! I hope we get to play as him again as he is in RE2R in the future.

I only ever played a little bit of the very first Resident Evil game, found it impossible to the control the character and gave up (!)

I think my second ever Hot Toys figure was the Afterlife Alice, because I liked the films... and Milla.

Then it was the Simplz WildWork Extinction Alice, which now has Pop Toys' Jeanne d'Arc short haired sculpt under her head scarf.

Since then I got caught up with SW Toys' series, purely because I liked the figures, and could see them fitting into a general post-apocalyptic setting (Jill Valentine, Rebecca Chambers and Sherry Birkin).

I liked the look of the EKUAZ HUNK when he was shown, then forgot about him until KG Hobby posted that he was in stock, and managed to get him for pre-order price at Giantoy.

Glad I did because he's got great shelf presence and a lot of detail. While they went overboard on some of those details that you're never likely to see again once set up, they filled the ammunition pouch on his holster with foam (as they have every pouch) rather than an actual magazine as is usual.

The Resident Evil games don't mean much to me, but with his gas mask HUNK feels like he fits into the world of The Last of Us.

51175425494_ef664ab06d_o.jpg

51175425479_79141fbe91_o.jpg

The Resident Evil games don't mean much to me, but with his gas mask HUNK feels like he fits into the world of The Last of Us.

Great collection. You could swap out Hunk's overalls (?) with jeans or cargo pants and a bomber jacket and you then have someone from the WLF or Fireflies.

Very impressed with HUNK.

Are the eyes always so visible under the HUNK mask?? seeing the eyes bugs me a little since they aren't suppose to be visible.

Some useless trivia since you haven't played the game but it's technically two figures in one. The fully intact mask is suppose to be HUNK but the damaged mask actually converts the figure to the "Forgotten Soldier" from the Ghost Survivors DLC. However i don't think Ghost Survivors is canon.. or at least all the scenarios aren't canon.

Great looking figure though i am very tempted but might try and hold off for now.

I've been content with my older game RE customs for a decade now but I may bite on these remake figures soon before they sell out forever.

Another lesser known fact, Hunk's name was supposed to be "Hank" but since "Hank" and "Hunk" are pronounced/spelt the same in Japanese it was a mistranslation they decided to just stick with. "Human Unit Never Killed" is false and was from a fake RE5 hype website from like 2005 and I HATE how it's still referred to to this day by ignorant fans of the community.

Great collection. You could swap out Hunk's overalls (?) with jeans or cargo pants and a bomber jacket and you then have someone from the WLF or Fireflies.

Thanks. :)

I like him as he is, as that was the original appeal. Though I could imagine him in the TLOU world.

He's like a heavier equipped, more elite version of the military in the original game:

He's actually wearing jacket and trousers. After taking the T-shirt off I was having difficulty getting the jacket tucked back into the trousers. I managed to loosen the belt enough without having to undo it completely, and found there's a panel fastened with poppers inside the trousers behind the fly. I don't know if that was designed to ensure that the Velcro fly stayed closed. The ends of the jacket had been getting caught in the panel.

Are the eyes always so visible under the HUNK mask?? seeing the eyes bugs me a little since they aren't suppose to be visible.

All the shots where his uniform looks grey were taken with the flash. Under normal lighting they aren't that visible. It works better for me as a real world figure that the lenses aren't completely opaque.

Some useless trivia since you haven't played the game but it's technically two figures in one. The fully intact mask is suppose to be HUNK but the damaged mask actually converts the figure to the "Forgotten Soldier" from the Ghost Survivors DLC. However i don't think Ghost Survivors is canon.. or at least all the scenarios aren't canon.

Great looking figure though i am very tempted but might try and hold off for now.

I read something about the cracked lens being someone else, but didn't know who.

It's such a unique look that I had to use it.

I've been content with my older game RE customs for a decade now but I may bite on these remake figures soon before they sell out forever.

Another lesser known fact, Hunk's name was supposed to be "Hank" but since "Hank" and "Hunk" are pronounced/spelt the same in Japanese it was a mistranslation they decided to just stick with. "Human Unit Never Killed" is false and was from a fake RE5 hype website from like 2005 and I HATE how it's still referred to to this day by ignorant fans of the community.

I did read about that as I delved into the origins of his name.

In the west it's written in capitals like it ought to be an acronym, but the original Japanese characters spell 'Hanku', which Google translates as 'Hank'.

That "Human Unit Never Killed" was even spouted in a couple of supposedly 'authoritative' videos I watched.

Back