D.R.37's Cargo Hold: 1/6 Star Wars Mods & Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro IG-88 repaint.

I have SSC's V1 but have always wanted to pick one of these up since seeing @matrix69's custom. Hasbro did a much better job on the head as far as accuracy, proportions and shape - albeit plastic and rubber filled with seams.
Didn't feel like resculpting the body where the couple wires/cables are supposed to be as well as filling in the gaps where there shouldn't be any leg articulation. I feel it would look better but I've just been lazy and avoiding sanding and resculpting lately.

Before.jpg

:lol
IGHasbro1.jpg

IGHasbro2.jpg

IGHasbro3.jpg

IGHasbro4.jpg

Excellent work! How did you do the subtle weathering/rust/splotches technique?

Excellent work! How did you do the subtle weathering/rust/splotches technique?
Thanks, James :duff
I used Weather Masters “Rust” and then repeatedly pulled it up with a slightly damp sponge - same thing with the lighter aluminum paint. I also applied the “Rust” with a small stencil brush and repeated the same sponge process. Helps if the surface or applicator is damp with water/paint.
Hope that helps :D
EB9ED163-D9DB-4F7A-BF42-21300A667AB1.jpeg

Wow, love it. :clap I'm deep into a custom sandie, snaggletooth and hammerhead right now but my hybrid Hasbro-SSC IG-88 is nearing the top of my list to finally finish.

Wow, love it. :clap I'm deep into a custom sandie, snaggletooth and hammerhead right now but my hybrid Hasbro-SSC IG-88 is nearing the top of my list to finally finish.
Thanks Duncan :duff
I thought about replacing the SSC with the Hasbro head but seemed like there’d be some breakage in removing them. I’m happy with how the repaint came out but that may change down the line. Interested in seeing how you attack that task when you get to it… plus seeing your Sandie. Snaggletooth is another I want to find a sculpt for.

I still need to finish my Tatooine Detachment. I've got some interesting stuff planned in that regard...
I’ve got 2 with minor custom to differentiate them and another boxed up. Been wanting 3 Medicom(?) pauldrons but those are impossible to find - without buying the whole figure.
Looking forward to seeing yours completed… best Sandie packs out there. So much detail.

I had some time off and it was a little hard to get back into the groove of working on my projects. Slightly discouraging considering i didn’t do much in 2021 so I started with the Tusken & IG Repaint to get my bearings again.

Been working on painting sculpts (human) the past week which is something I’ve always wanted to do but avoided… skin tone and eyes have been things I’ve been very good at being terrible at! Working on a few at the same time tweaking the tones and supremely screwing one up, I finished the Marshall and I think he came out pretty good. Hope y’all like it!

7F623CEF-C1CF-48B8-8BEE-CA5F749F84BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
@Waste Time Continuum I appreciate that :1-1:

…but I HIGHLY doubt it :lol

Reworked the body some. In order to use the closest to resemble his onscreen boots I needed to Frankenstein a TTM and SSC body. Looking at him reassembled I need to Dremel down some of his legs and try to take the pants in a bit. Still need to add some greeblies to his pants.
Some few quick poses and shots.
66426B95-298D-442F-8E46-7F7402B561A8.jpeg

32EE076E-3000-43C1-94C8-68063A8B63BC.jpeg

0C50D38F-F713-4C71-BD7A-1A6B664A2292.jpeg

That's a great paintjob on the sculpt! Sharp and clean detailing, and realistic color tones.
Also really like that last pose.
If you're open to feedback, checking references, perhaps you could take in the sleeves a tiny bit as well? I think that could further contribute to his lanky appearance.

Thanks guys 🙏🏽

That's a great paintjob on the sculpt! Sharp and clean detailing, and realistic color tones.
Also really like that last pose.
If you're open to feedback, checking references, perhaps you could take in the sleeves a tiny bit as well? I think that could further contribute to his lanky appearance.
Much appreciated, Agonistes. I’m colorblind (protanopia) so skin tones have been the hardest for me - most aliens have always been easier… much smaller margin of error :) Always open to feedback. The couple of images I have the sleeves seem to billow, a bit baggy if I remember but I think you’re right. I’m not much of a tailor but will attempt to mod the clothes sometime.

Back