Custom Wolverine Samurai 1/6 figure help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogul1

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi I'm currently wrestling with the idea of making a custom samurai Wolverine figure in traditional Samurai clothing.
Currently searching for Samurai costumes and been looking at the many Hugh Jackman headsculpts available. However I would ultimately like him to have his hair tied back like a real samurai (he also ties his hair back in the comics too).
I'm trying to figure out a way of doing this but it may be that I need to get a Samurai headsculpt and remove the hair and put it on an Jackman head. However, this may be costly and ultimately may still not work.
Anyone know of a headsculpt that already has this or know of a way of doing it?
It may be if there's enough people around we can work it out. I know there's some fantastically skilled people in this forum so look forward to hearing your ideas.
well research doesn't show a massive amount but these wolverine headsculpts are fair in price and interesting
HTB1l_KfFVXXXXaHXXXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg
Custom-1-6-Scale-Ciger-Wolverine-Head-Sculpt-For-Hot-Huge-Jackman-Body-Toys-Headplay-Free.jpg

also here is a samurai head with potential but the removal will be a real pain!
TY_HD_MUSASHI_PT_1__97362_zoom.jpg

or this bit

image2.jpg

Here is an example of him with a ponytail from issue 90 (issue before age of apocalypse) It's very samurai-like.
image1.jpg

I have ordered this set of samurai clothing as a base. May try and get some extra flourishes if it's too bland.
IMG_4261.jpg

In a fortutitous turn the samurai head turned up and because it was a cheap knock off... It was hollow.
So I have removed all the face stuff etc and am now left with a nice full scalp. Hopefully when the Wolverine head turns up it will be a solid piece so I can sand the hair down until he just has a bald head left.
IMG_4330.JPG

Once that was done I decided that the big puffy ponytail at the back was not going to fit the Wolverine figure
image2(1).jpg

I the used Milliput to shape a new one
IMG_4337.JPG

And here's the final product, a neater ponytail where his hair isn't so long
IMG_4342.JPG

So this is as far as I have got thanks to Ebay and the sometimes awful delivery services of China
5e580047d9e32238e3dfd23cf4285351.jpg

And finally the head arrived. Made him a slap head and finally fitted it. Hair was too dark for character so I did a repaint to highlight some browns. Not as tight a fit as I like but hopefully I can adjust it tomorrow.
But pretty much here is the final figure. Will put in poses and take some more pics tomorrow hopefully
1ec335b36d0d79fd58e53abff3f64f4b.jpg
dd7c04f462a16582355ac69eeb8910ba.jpg
ea1baaa8486c73431ae7232a03b74746.jpg
66968973c848c4371276f7784a3603de.jpg

Back