Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS Ver 2

Haha. I did say a smidge. Just my one opinion. I understand what you're going for... just still makes me think a tad "fat". :X

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS Ver 2

custom_dredd_figure_urban31.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban33.jpg

custom_dredd_figure_urban32.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban34.jpg

How many people are willing to buy one from you as of now?
If it's not too personal of a question that is.

Awesome...

Enojado, its not really an issue of how many ppl want this but more so how much time tin has to make these haha...its soo much meticulous work...

Haha. I did say a smidge. Just my one opinion. I understand what you're going for... just still makes me think a tad "fat". :X

I think it looks accurate, might be the angle. Not much to pick at.

How many people are willing to buy one from you as of now?
If it's not too personal of a question that is.

Right now - I've got about 10 orders. That's way more than I usually want to commit to so I may cap it at 10.

Awesome...

Enojado, its not really an issue of how many ppl want this but more so how much time tin has to make these haha...its soo much meticulous work...

Vareika is the kind of customer I like to deal with. I don't do this to make money - I already make a good living. These projects are started out of my own interest in making a figure. I don't give myself a time limit - just however much time is needed to make the best most detailed figure possible.

In my opinion - the customizing field has an issue with people rushing to get stuff done. Rushing to be the first finished with a figure. I don't really understand that approach since the end product looks like it's been rushed. Mix-match pieces. Bad paint jobs. Out of scale heads. Ill fitting outfits. It's not a race.

And that rush mentality spreads to customers. They love the details and craftsmanship of my figures, but expect it to be done in the same amount of time that a hack figure using pre-existing parts is produce. Not going to happen.

I usually strike people off the list who expect a quick turnaround. Quality takes time. My best and repeat customers understand this.

You guys are right! I think the angle confused me. Looks fantastic!! i should just shut up and let the artist work his magic haha.

This thread got me to watch Dredd again for the 8th or 9th time haha. I don't know how long tinister's projects usually take, but it looks to be well worth the wait. :)

This is fantastic,You are truly gifted.

I took these using Alicia's cell phone - which for some reason doesn't have lens distortion. These pretty accurately show the body proportions - and note that the chin looks about right. Not too small, not too big.

custom_dredd_figure_urban35.jpg

Thanks Spawn-man! :wave

Wow, haven't been to this thread in a couple weeks, great progress, he looks superb Tin! :clap

Can't stop checking back...those pants and boots are so insane...masterpiece

Wow, haven't been to this thread in a couple weeks, great progress, he looks superb Tin! :clap

Can't stop checking back...those pants and boots are so insane...masterpiece

Thanks as always guys! :hi5: Real happy with how the boots came out. The tricky part about them was getting the size right. In the movie - they gave Urban boots that were a good size larger. They needed extra room in the toes to add that toe cap. So I didn't want mine to be too small - but at the same time not overly big.

Man you're right on the details!

This may be the first figure I'll have to set a dio up for!

Back