Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS Ver 2

Man I want one! :lol

Amazing as always! :bow

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS Ver 2

LOL. In the last few pics since I finished the V2 head - I forgot to put Dredd's shoulder pads back before taking those pics. These are the pads that go under the two shoulder pieces. I was wondering why Dredd's posture was a little weird.

Here he is with the pads. Huge difference in his stance with them.

custom_dredd_figure_urban37.jpg

Last edited:

Wow I love this the clothing and armor fit perfect
Awesome work :hi5:

Thanks johnnyMS! :hi5: I love your Batman head. I may be doing a Batman: Arkham City commission after Dredd and Anderson.

Wow!!! Amazing is an understatement!

Some pics with stylized lighting.
custom_dredd_figure_urban38.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban39.jpg

custom_dredd_figure_urban40.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban41.jpg

Nice pics! Even though urban doesn't take his helmet off in the film, I'm very excited to see your take on him holding his helmet Tin.

Thanks vareika! I'm working on the hands now so that I can reveal them along with the Urban head.

So as I was working on the un-helmeted Urban head; I realized that having the full head to work with makes it easier to get the mouth and jaw area right. So using the un-helmeted head as a template - I went back and drastically altered the helmeted HS.

So I present the helmeted Urban HS - VERSION 3!
I also bought a better brand of matte coating so that Urban's head isn't so shiny.

custom_dredd_figure_urban42.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS VERSION 3

I also made Dredd's neck slightly longer so that it sticks up above the collar a bit more. Looks good.

custom_dredd_figure_urban43b.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban44b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS VERSION 3

Tin! The V3 Headsculpt looks flawless! Definitely see Karl Urban under the helmet! :clap

Tin! The V3 Headsculpt looks flawless! Definitely see Karl Urban under the helmet! :clap

Thanks Pajji! I'm so glad I decided to give it one more shot. :yess:

OMG OMG OMG! That looks dead on amazing!! I'm so excited I could squeal! :panic:

It's probably way too late, but if it's easier... maybe make unhelmeted headsculpts, and cut/trim off the top half and just attach it to the helmet using a magnet? You just made the perfect sculpt already though! Maybe for alternate expressions... if Dredd has any. :)

The only thing missing is a Judge Anderson. ;)

OMG OMG OMG! That looks dead on amazing!! I'm so excited I could squeal! :panic:

It's probably way too late, but if it's easier... maybe make unhelmeted headsculpts, and cut/trim off the top half and just attach it to the helmet using a magnet? You just made the perfect sculpt already though! Maybe for alternate expressions... if Dredd has any. :)

The only thing missing is a Judge Anderson. ;)

Thanks TotalDominAsian! :hi5: I was actually trying to make the interchangeable jaws, but that is difficult to do with a removable helmet. Maybe I'll do that when I eventually get around to making my Brian Bolland Dredd figure.

I am planning to make a Judge Anderson (from Dredd 3D) btw. Just haven't announced it officially yet. Want to get Dredd out of the way first.

Thanks TotalDominAsian! :hi5: I was actually trying to make the interchangeable jaws, but that is difficult to do with a removable helmet. Maybe I'll do that when I eventually get around to making my Brian Bolland Dredd figure.

I am planning to make a Judge Anderson (from Dredd 3D) btw. Just haven't announced it officially yet. Want to get Dredd out of the way first.

Sounds like I'm going to need to set a lot of funds aside haha! Glad to!

The hardest thing about making an Anderson would be the hair. The suit will be easy after having made Dredd. And the design of her suit is actually more simplified by being more streamlined.

Back