Custom "Dredd 3D" "Judge Dredd" Figure - Updated with some pre-order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - BONUS Item!

I went through the bluray and did a screencapture of a Dredd expression that was a little more dramatic than the one I used to make the helmeted HS the other night. Here is the new HS based on the more dramatic screencapture. Once the clay cures - I just need to clean it up and thin out some of the features and I think it is good to go.

custom_dredd_figure_urban20.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - HS V.2 More dramatic Dredd

Hard to tell since it's unpainted, but I still really like the other helmeted expression.

There's more for me to work with with this HS TotalDominAsian. It's very similar to the other HS, but this screencapture has more details; allowing me to capture more detail in the HS. I should have it paint by later tonight.

I like the 2nd one more as it looks more menacing (at least in the xurrent state)

This new hs will look much better painted up. The other one was nice, but a little too generic because it didn't have too much detail.

Here's the cleaned up helmeted HS V.2

custom_dredd_figure_urban22.jpg

Last edited:

That looks great!

Thanks transhi100! :hi5:

I had to turn the head up a bit so that the shadow from the visor isn't in the way. So the chin area looks a little chubby in those picks. But it's just the camera angle.

Can't wait to see what it'll look like painted! Hopefully all the facial scruff is gonna be captured! :)

The second version of the un-helmeted head came out so much better than the first. Not only more overall detail in the sculpt, but I added detail to the neck also. Here are some pics:

custom_dredd_figure_urban23.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS Ver 2

The new more dramatic hs definitely gives Dredd more attitude than the previous hs.
custom_dredd_figure_urban24.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban25.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban26.jpg

Re: UPDATED WIP Custom Dredd 3D Judge Dredd Figure - Painted Un-helmeted HS Ver 2

custom_dredd_figure_urban27.jpg
custom_dredd_figure_urban28.jpg

Love the expression, but any chance you can tweak the chin? Looks a smidge fat.

Love the expression, but any chance you can tweak the chin? Looks a smidge fat.

You have to trust my call since I have it in hand. I mentioned in a previous post that the chin tends to look chubbier than it actually is because I sculpted it to look like Urban's head inside the helmet in the movie. Watch carefully and you'll see that the helmet pushes his cheeks together. Which I actually like because it makes him look like the comic Dredd. If I spend all my time making small tweeks based on buyer input - I'll never be done with a figure.

Believe me - I've probably looked at way too many reference pics in the process of working on this figure. This is the style sheet that I put together as reference just for how Urban's head looks in the helmet. As mentioned earlier in the thread - I was most careful with how Urban's head looked from the side. Especially when he has his growl. If you see the pic at the bottom of the style sheet - Urban's chin does this thing when he is scowling that I had to capture in the sculpt because it looks so much like the Brian Bolland illustrations of Dredd.

head_reference.jpg

Last edited:

Some pics under less harsh lighting:
custom_dredd_figure_urban30.jpg

The Collar is keeeeling it ! :panic:

The Collar is keeeeling it ! :panic:

Thanks annihilate22! :hi5: I'm actually revising it for the final figure. It needs to be less wide from the front - and the two points in the front need to extend downwards more.

Whatever you say man. It's still the s hit. :rock

Back