Custom 1/6 scale Clone Trooper Denal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snail Trooper

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Recently I stumbled across this website and I was amazed at all the creativity that was here. I ended up finding Spudtroopers blog and I fell in love with all of his custom figures, but in particular I adored his clone troopers. After looking at his entire blog I took a trip down memory lane as I began to remember the clone wars tv series. God I loved (and still do love) that show. I remember one of my favourite clones from the earlier seasons was Denal. I loved the character and his design even though he was briefly seen before being killed. I then became inspired to make a phase II version of Denal.
At the moment I just have the design penciled in, which took a while to get just right since the phase I and II helmets have different angles around the cheek area. Eventually I'd like to get a Kama skirt for Denal as I think it would look really awesome, but I'm not exactly sure where to find one. I also think it would make sense that if Denal survived his encounter with Cad Bane, or if they never encountered each other, that Denal would have continued to maintain his military rank or be promoted to a higher rank at which point he would be awarded or given the option of a Kama. Please correct me if I'm wrong on the whole Kama thing.
One thing I would like to note is that this is my first time doing a custom figure, so I hope it will turn out well. Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Anyways I will soon paint and weather my phase II Denal and hopefully you'll all enjoy it.

Also I apologize for the photos being sideways, I have no idea why but they keep being uploaded the wrong way.

Attachments

• IMG_7318.jpg
    IMG_7318.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7311.jpg
    IMG_7311.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 116
I painted up Denal's phase II helmet today. I'm very happy with the final result, I think it turned out well. I used a needle to add some scratches and weathering around the markings on the helmet, do you guys think I should add more or less marks like I've made?

I had a lot of fun doing this, this is actually something that I've wanted to do for a very long time. I even made a mock-up sheet of what Denal's design would look like on a phase II helmet. Obviously the designs below are much different from the final product but the mock-ups definitely helped me make some decisions on the actual and final design I used.

Capture-Denal V.2.jpg

I would like to continue making more custom clones in the future, hopefully one day I'll make the whole Umbara squad. I don't have the slightest idea where I could find some clones that aren't extremely expensive though, so for now I'll just dream.

Anyways heres Denal with a phase II helmet. Please let me know what you think, any and all critiques are very welcome.

Phase I and II helmet comparison

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7344.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

Rex and Denal

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7349.jpg

Very sorry the images are sideways. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you both. I hope to make more custom clones in the future, maybe commander Appo or Kano next. Not too sure at the moment.

Back