Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone here help me out with a general ordering-from-Sideshow question?

If I pre-order a figure today and just use reward points to cover the NRD, can I make monthly payments using reward points in the future until the figure is paid off? I am looking to potentially do this to use up reward points that are expiring this month (and in the coming few months) while also continuing to gather more reward points money that I can then apply to future monthly payments.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

If I pre-order a figure today and just use reward points to cover the NRD, can I make monthly payments using reward points in the future until the figure is paid off? I am looking to potentially do this to use up reward points that are expiring this month (and in the coming few months) while also continuing to gather more reward points money that I can then apply to future monthly payments.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think that's possible. If you want to know for sure, I bet that's one of the few things a Sideshow "Ambassador" in their chat could actually tell you.

I just checked my email and found this there...

1654038097584.png

Is this a mistake?

If you placed on or tied with 66th place in any of the trivias during the event you got it. I placed 66th for AOTC trivia and got it. I think he said there were
I wish I could remember where I placed in the other trivia games during SWC. I know this weekend I placed the highest I've ever gotten in any of the trivia games I've played.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
Whatever reward points you have now, you can spend all (or a specific number) in a lump sum to reduce the price. You cannot tell the system to reduce a specific part of your order like ‘just the nrd.’ If you open an order with a payment plan and points, you still pay the full NRD and then the points evenly apply across the remaining payment plan. The NRD only gets removed if you cover 100% of the cost with points. Points can only be spent when you place the order. You absolutely cannot “earn“ points a month after you place your order, and then put them on the open order.

Let me know if that answers your questions. I am not affiliated with Sideshow or their ambassador, but I have placed a lot of orders on their site. I have been buying from Sideshow for 5+ years. Used payment plans with points and single pay with points. I also have had a couple full items covered with points. There’s been a couple of times when they update their payment system and there’s slight behavioral changes with the ordering system. I make no guarantees that they won’t push an update at anytime that completely messes up the system.

ABDD5DE8-3688-44AD-BA95-39E4292FDC67.jpeg
An order showing that I had to pay the full NRD amount and then the remaining cost was reduced. In the above example, if I had used $800.00 in points, I would have had an NRD upfront for $25.00. If you owe anything from the base price, they want their money for that NRD.

Last edited:
Thanks to all three of you for responding to my ordering question (especially you, Venzhe- I greatly appreciate the detail of your response!). I actually tried chatting with Sideshow about it before asking on here, but no one in customer service was available yesterday (I'm guessing everyone had the day off after they worked all weekend at Star Wars Celebration).

All of it became moot, though, as soon as an Asmus 1/6 Gandalf showed up on Sideshow Seconds last night for 15% off. I couldn't resist it at that discount, so I used all my points on the order and have 0 RP for the first time in many years!

Thanks to all three of you for responding to my ordering question (especially you, Venzhe- I greatly appreciate the detail of your response!). I actually tried chatting with Sideshow about it before asking on here, but no one in customer service was available yesterday (I'm guessing everyone had the day off after they worked all weekend at Star Wars Celebration).

All of it became moot, though, as soon as an Asmus 1/6 Gandalf showed up on Sideshow Seconds last night for 15% off. I couldn't resist it at that discount, so I used all my points on the order and have 0 RP for the first time in many years!

I didn't see your question till now, but I'm glad you got it sorted! :) Also to note that you cannot use any RPs towards shipping or tax. It is only for the figure/product itself.

One nice thing I noticed recently: they only seem to tax any REAL dollars you spend (or minimally so). I bought something completely with Reward Points, and they taxed me a mere $1.29. I bought a $300 thing with half reward points, and was only charged half the tax. That sort of thing.

One nice thing I noticed recently: they only seem to tax any REAL dollars you spend (or minimally so). I bought something completely with Reward Points, and they taxed me a mere $1.29. I bought a $300 thing with half reward points, and was only charged half the tax. That sort of thing.

With my last figure from Sideshow, which was paid for completely with reward points, I was taxed on the full retail value plus shipping cost.

I disputed it, and Sideshow claimed they have to supply both sets of totals and it's up to the courier to decide which one they use.

So I ended up paying tax + admin fees on something that should've been free (apart from the shipping cost). :mad:

When my rewards get to their expiry date this time I probably won't bother collecting any more, because you need so many to make it worthwhile buying from Sideshow, and they aren't giving out as many as they were.

With my last figure from Sideshow, which was paid for completely with reward points, I was taxed on the full retail value plus shipping cost.

I disputed it, and Sideshow claimed they have to supply both set of totals and it's up to the courier to decide which one they use.

So I ended up paying tax + admin fees on something that should've been free (apart from the shipping cost). :mad:

When my rewards get to their expiry date this time I probably won't bother collecting any more, because you need so many to make it worthwhile buying from Sideshow, and they aren't giving out as many as they were.
AFAIK you're only supposed to pay import VAT on the price paid (over £130), did you raise it with the carrier or just Sideshow?

I only paid $76 shipped for my Boba 2 pack and don't have any fees to pay.

AFAIK you're only supposed to pay import VAT on the price paid (over £130), did you raise it with the carrier or just Sideshow?

I only paid $76 shipped for my Boba 2 pack and don't have any fees to pay.

I raised it with both, received the original paperwork from Sideshow and sent it to DHL and quoted the law. They refused to do anything about it.

I used to select FedEx because I have an account with them, so don't pay any admin fees. However, FedEx is more expensive than the admin fees themselves now. DHL was the cheaper option, yet in the past FedEx has agreed to numerous refunds from overcharging.

I think all the couriers are crooks.

I disputed it, and Sideshow claimed they have to supply both set of totals and it's up to the courier to decide which one they use.

Oh wow. Yeah, if that happened to me I'd be pissed, too. That really sounds like an error on that CS rep's part. So there's no rhyme or reason to it, then?? Sometimes you get taxed and sometimes not? That's nuts.

Back