Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c87f66ebbffe991ecebea1eaac2ad28b.png

I could very well be misunderstanding what was required of everyone participating. Honestly even reading Wor-Gar's and Razorwing's summaries, I still don't fully understand it. Reading everyone's posts here I didn't understand where you even go to for the trivia contest. That thing "crowdpurr" Wor-Gar mentioned? Where do you even get that? And how long are the livestreams before you get to the game? And then how long is the game? That's a lot for me to have to do and have to focus on. It's a time commitment I simply don't have. I mean, sure, I can jump in here and respond to posts at my leisure. But to have to be locked in for a half hour? an hour? a couple of times a day is just too much.

Even if I was retired like you, Buff, I'm not sure I could eke out the time either!

But I am certainly jealous of everyone who was able to get the loot! Congrats to you all!:duff
Lol sorry I was just explaining the mechanics of how it works from my experience.

Pretty much if you were following along, you had to go to sideshow.live to enter a code the SSC Youtube live stream gives out when they are about to start Trivia. The "crowdpurr" thing is just the website engine that was running the Trivia. There was no set time for Trivias, it could pop up anywhere most of the time when SSC go live on Youtube. (So this is where having the livestream seperate running in the background/another window is a good idea. What I do is I do work and just keep an eye for Alex (Employee with a Cap and beard to distrub the segment they are in.. most of the time it is for Trivia, sometimes he's just there to talk B.S. I guess? I have youtube muted LOL)

When the Trivia is about to start, a secondary screen pops up on the livestream that shows "go to sideshow.live and enter "CODE", so you just go on to your browser, open another tab and do that and wait till it starts. For me, there is significant lag between questions of the Trivia and the actual livestream. The questions would start first on the time limited trivia and then Alex would start reading the questions. So after the questions are done (usually only 5) the results will pop up. It will show the ranking of the top 100 players. First place gets $50, 2nd place $20 and 3rd place $15. Those winning players had to email sideshow to get those points in their account.

If you answered any of the questions/participated in the Trivia (doesn't matter if you got the answers right or wrong) you are auto-sent a $3 code as a participation rewards. (Not sure if that was still happening after a few Trivias later). So during the results screen of the Trivia, they would do a lottery. For an example, Alex would say "$15 for 200 people" and the randomizer would find random numbers to be selected for the $15RP. Sometimes they would go through the whole staff to choose a price and how man players would win. That's why you see the Paul meme, where he always said "$1 for 1 Person". If you won, a pink message would popup that say congrats, you won a door prize of $15. If you lost, a pink message would say, better luck next time or something. So if you won the lottery, you don't need to email sideshow and a code (probably) would be sent to you later on after the Con is done.

As of right now, I haven't received any of the lottery wins yet, so who knows about that. lol. I'll believe it when I actually have the RP in my account. I hope that makes sense. lol.

Lol sorry I was just explaining the mechanics of how it works from my experience.

Pretty much if you were following along, you had to go to sideshow.live to enter a code the SSC Youtube live stream gives out when they are about to start Trivia. The "crowdpurr" thing is just the website engine that was running the Trivia. There was no set time for Trivias, it could pop up anywhere most of the time when SSC go live on Youtube. (So this is where having the livestream seperate running in the background/another window is a good idea. What I do is I do work and just keep an eye for Alex (Employee with a Cap and beard to distrub the segment they are in.. most of the time it is for Trivia, sometimes he's just there to talk B.S. I guess? I have youtube muted LOL)

When the Trivia is about to start, a secondary screen pops up on the livestream that shows "go to sideshow.live and enter "CODE", so you just go on to your browser, open another tab and do that and wait till it starts. For me, there is significant lag between questions of the Trivia and the actual livestream. The questions would start first on the time limited trivia and then Alex would start reading the questions. So after the questions are done (usually only 5) the results will pop up. It will show the ranking of the top 100 players. First place gets $50, 2nd place $20 and 3rd place $15. Those winning players had to email sideshow to get those points in their account.

If you answered any of the questions/participated in the Trivia (doesn't matter if you got the answers right or wrong) you are auto-sent a $3 code as a participation rewards. (Not sure if that was still happening after a few Trivias later). So during the results screen of the Trivia, they would do a lottery. For an example, Alex would say "$15 for 200 people" and the randomizer would find random numbers to be selected for the $15RP. Sometimes they would go through the whole staff to choose a price and how man players would win. That's why you see the Paul meme, where he always said "$1 for 1 Person". If you won, a pink message would popup that say congrats, you won a door prize of $15. If you lost, a pink message would say, better luck next time or something. So if you won the lottery, you don't need to email sideshow and a code (probably) would be sent to you later on after the Con is done.

As of right now, I haven't received any of the lottery wins yet, so who knows about that. lol. I'll believe it when I actually have the RP in my account. I hope that makes sense. lol.
I want to add something: They only did the trivia games during "Live from Sideshow Con" and the "That Sideshow Show" daily wrap up, as well as their after party on Friday night. At one point on day 4 (?) Autumn explicitly said that they will never interrupt a booth tour for trivia. Something to keep in mind for October when they do this again around NYCC time.

That is awesome, Razorwing! Thanks for explaining it so thoroughly! :duff

Honestly it all sounded very intimidating, but the way you've laid it out is exactly what I needed!

I may try it for the next event!
No problem, it's a more once you do it, you know what to do. However, because of what happened on the last wrap up show, about the amount of people in Trivia doesn't equal the amount actually was watching the stream.. (probably code groups not watching the show I think it was 1K people in Trivia and like 600 something watching the livestream). I think they may change it up to how RP's are distributed for the next event

I want to add something: They only did the trivia games during "Live from Sideshow Con" and the "That Sideshow Show" daily wrap up, as well as their after party on Friday night. At one point on day 4 (?) Autumn explicitly said that they will never interrupt a booth tour for trivia. Something to keep in mind for October when they do this again around NYCC time.
I think they had Trivia for 1 of the Unsold livestreams?

Not sure if it's worth debating how the current system works and try to beat it when it's probably going to change again next time:lol

Like someone mentioned above they are probably going to cap the participation to the number of people watching the stream plus a couple hundred. Soo if 500 are watching they will allow 700 in.

I think they had Trivia for 1 of the Unsold livestreams?
I think that may be true, yeah. After that they rolled Unsold Out into the Live at Sideshow streams aside from the art prints one, I think, which was also the last one. Main point is that they never interrupted a booth tour, and it seems that whatever changes we see, that is likely to remain the case.

I had $124 added!

$23 had been previously added, making a total of $147.

I was expecting $116 in lottery wins, plus the outstanding Trivia $3s.

No idea what that extra $8 comprised of because it's not divisible by 3.

Ok, I just listed out all the additions and ticked them off against my list. I got all the Lottery wins I was expecting, plus an extra $3 and $5.

I presume the $3 was for SCMAR2 participation, and after that they stopped paying for participation (i.e., SCSTS onwards).

The extra $5 is a mystery.

Last edited:
I had $124 added!

$23 had been previously added, making a total of $147.
Yup, I just got a ton automatically added. I wasn't tallying and recording my winnings since they stopped sending the code emails so hopefully what I got is correct!

I was taking screenshots of my lottery earnings and was expecting $65. But I won't complain about the extra earnings lol

I got $122 added...but none of the amounts are $15, which I should've gotten from winning 3rd place in trivia and e-mailing them. But it's logical that may be added later as they go through e-mails.

I know I didn't participate for the first couple days. These are the dates and the amounts added according to my account. If you get $3 just for participating, I didn't get them all, because I was definitely in more than just 2 trivias. These amounts more or less ring a bell as to how many lotteries I remember winning. I think 7/24 might be combining amounts from the 25th as well though.

7/21 3 5 5
7/22 5 2 37
7/23 3 7 5
7/24 10 5 5 5 5 20

K, I now think all the dates on the codes they added are off by 1 day. So I think the real dates I earned these amounts are the 22nd through 25th.

Last edited:
Yes, the dates on my added rewards are all 1 day early, but all seem accounted for plus $5. They probably gave everyone an extra $5 as compensation for stopping the $3 participation rewards without warning. If people complain about that after all those "everyone wins" lotteries they need to get a life lol. Was expecting $127 and got $132, bringing my total for the event to $152. No complaints here!

I'm so confused about the points. I have a 140.. not sure how much that is. I know 5 is 100 right?

Back