Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me the event has been worth $139 + how many participation $3 were still outstanding.

If everything comes in, ignoring any of the outstanding $3s, it'll mean I'll have earned $210 since early May without even buying anything from Sideshow. :unsure:

Who confirmed no more code drops? Just curious.

A bit of a bummer as I don’t really have the time to watch the live streams. :(
It's technically never been confirmed, but Autumn said a while back that while they could be back, she can't say for sure either way. Sometimes everyone will get rewards for participating in trivia or bingo or voting or whatever on Crowdpurr, sometimes it will only be a random selection of people who get rewards for participating in trivia or bingo or voting or whatever, sometimes there will be codes emailed to people who are randomly selected through Stream Yard lottery, there will be codes emailed randomly to people for registering in events, some events will automatically give all registrants $5 in rewards just for registering and others won't, and MAYBE codes will be back once in a while. Seems very doubtful they'll return to the rewards code old system.

Who confirmed no more code drops? Just curious.

A bit of a bummer as I don’t really have the time to watch the live streams. :(

There hasn't been any this event. It's all pretty much focussed on the event itself, and rewarding those who they think are actually participating / consuming Sideshow's sales pitches.

Booth tours, for example, are opportunities for hard selling. So they encourage you to be there to listen to their influencers - hence Bossy Boss Boss's FINALS Trivia, which largely concerned details from the event.

Dropping codes means they can be easily spread by code groups, which defeats Sideshow's objective.

Do we know if the $10 promo code is going to be for in-stock items only? Planning to use up some reward pts on a couple of pre-orders and wondering if I should wait until they issue the promo code.

"One person gets... one dollar."

220678585_593796418289075_1370548230833541425_n.jpg

They’ll probably start capping the player count to 1000 people.

They're running into a catch-22 with this format.

On the one hand they wait until the number of players grows before starting, which implies they want to give out more rewards.

At the same time they don't want to give the rewards to the 'unworthy'.

They thought they'd found the solution to code sharing.

rps.jpg

Dang some of you guys got really lucky with the lottery! I think after all said and done I got $65.

$5 from sign up
$3x5 for participation
$45 from lottery

There hasn't been any this event. It's all pretty much focussed on the event itself, and rewarding those who they think are actually participating / consuming Sideshow's sales pitches.

Booth tours, for example, are opportunities for hard selling. So they encourage you to be there to listen to their influencers - hence Bossy Boss Boss's FINALS Trivia, which largely concerned details from the event.

Dropping codes means they can be easily spread by code groups, which defeats Sideshow's objective.

On the one hand I agree but their underlying objective is still to maximize sales/profits. Code groups consist of people who are already on board as far as what Sideshow is selling - i.e., they're part of Sideshow's established customer base. Code sharing has become more prevalent (IMO) mainly due to the ever-rising cost of their products and the need for more rewards just to get their price on par with others in the marketplace. Alienating said code groups will just drive more of them to seek alternative sources, further eroding their base. But I guess they've reached the point where they realize they've bled us dry and it's more profitable to concentrate on reeling in the new/uninitiated. It's rather funny - they're spending more & more on elaborate Cons/productions, social media marketing & developing new/unique ways to give out rewards when reducing that spending and lowering prices would probably achieve the same result. Of course that's a common theme among all growing companies, plus there's a reason the saying "you have to spend money to make money" exists.

Last edited:
For me the event has been worth $139 + how many participation $3 were still outstanding.

If everything comes in, ignoring any of the outstanding $3s, it'll mean I'll have earned $210 since early May without even buying anything from Sideshow. :unsure:

My count is $5 (registration) + $15 (participation) + $127 (lotteries) = $147, plus any additional $3 participation rewards. $104 of that lottery total was from the past 2 days. :lol

What's sad is that equates to at most 3 additional Sideshow HT orders (OK, maybe 4-5 if I can combine them with a couple of $25 coupons). That's how out-of-whack their costs are for me.

Last edited:
That's honestly the real sideshow thinking there. 1 Person gets $1 while they have to spend $1K on statues or whatever.
They constantly put on this stingey/cheap act as if it’s a joke, but their actions in recent months show it’s not a joke lol so it’s not very endearing or cute.

I sat this one out completely. That is just way too many hoops to jump through. While getting $100+ in RPs is very tempting, I just don't have the time to devote to doing all that stuff.

This new system, PLUS having the RPs expire in a year, makes it much easier to say goodbye to Sideshow, though!

I sat this one out completely. That is just way too many hoops to jump through. While getting $100+ in RPs is very tempting, I just don't have the time to devote to doing all that stuff.

This new system, PLUS having the RPs expire in a year, makes it much easier to say goodbye to Sideshow, though!

About the only "hoop" I've had to jump through is signing up for Facebook. I swore I'd never join that but after seeing which way the wind was blowing regarding rewards I finally relented a few months ago. I did so ONLY to (a) follow the relevant Sideshow groups & Jazzinc and (b) listen in on That Sideshow Show on Friday nights. That's it, period. I have such a nondescript profile and logged in so infrequently at the start that Facebook kept suspending my account! I finally had to submit a photo to prove I was an actual person. :lol Now I occasionally tune into Sideshow's Comics Haul show on Wednesday nights as well & make a random comment just so I have some "regular" activity lol.

Regarding the lottery RPs I scored, I just rechecked them and I only had $14 of $127 prior to the Friday night after party. They were practically throwing RPs at us from that point on. I think the "luckiest" I was on any lottery had 250 winners. So as much as I complain about their prices/shipping/taxes, I can't call them cheap asses when it comes to doling out the RPs at this Con. But they are making the process more convoluted than it needs to be.

p.s. - If this was a few years ago I also would have been too busy to get very many RPs, but I'm retired now so I set my own schedule. If you can swing it I highly recommend it!

no responsibilities here meme.jpg

Stick Youtube stream on in the background
Wait for Alex to show up
Get phone out
Type in code at sideshow.live
Answer 5 questions quick
Leave the quiz open until Alex leaves or it says the game has ended, that's when you know the lotteries are over.

It's not that difficult :lol

Damn... I haven't yet learned how to so this.

So let me see if I have this correct:
-During live shows, an entry code is posted: like say SCSCAM
-You use that code to enter the trivia game on the crowdpurr board
-Once logged in, you try to answer 4 questions as fast as possible
-Your completed score of correct answers gives you a number based on time to finish
-That number rank gives you a dollar amount value if within the allotted $ giveaways

Is that about correct?

It's more like
You enter the code to enter the trivia, then answer 5 questions as fast as possible and correctly, then base on if you got it right and how fast you entered your answer puts you in a rank. Then the lottery randomly draws your rank to see if you win whatever amount of money they decide to put in.

About the only "hoop" I've had to jump through is signing up for Facebook. I swore I'd never join that but after seeing which way the wind was blowing regarding rewards I finally relented a few months ago. I did so ONLY to (a) follow the relevant Sideshow groups & Jazzinc and (b) listen in on That Sideshow Show on Friday nights. That's it, period. I have such a nondescript profile and logged in so infrequently at the start that Facebook kept suspending my account! I finally had to submit a photo to prove I was an actual person. :lol Now I occasionally tune into Sideshow's Comics Haul show on Wednesday nights as well & make a random comment just so I have some "regular" activity lol.

Regarding the lottery RPs I scored, I just rechecked them and I only had $14 of $127 prior to the Friday night after party. They were practically throwing RPs at us from that point on. I think the "luckiest" I was on any lottery had 250 winners. So as much as I complain about their prices/shipping/taxes, I can't call them cheap asses when it comes to doling out the RPs at this Con. But they are making the process more convoluted than it needs to be.

p.s. - If this was a few years ago I also would have been too busy to get very many RPs, but I'm retired now so I set my own schedule. If you can swing it I highly recommend it!

View attachment 532575

I could very well be misunderstanding what was required of everyone participating. Honestly even reading Wor-Gar's and Razorwing's summaries, I still don't fully understand it. Reading everyone's posts here I didn't understand where you even go to for the trivia contest. That thing "crowdpurr" Wor-Gar mentioned? Where do you even get that? And how long are the livestreams before you get to the game? And then how long is the game? That's a lot for me to have to do and have to focus on. It's a time commitment I simply don't have. I mean, sure, I can jump in here and respond to posts at my leisure. But to have to be locked in for a half hour? an hour? a couple of times a day is just too much.

Even if I was retired like you, Buff, I'm not sure I could eke out the time either!

But I am certainly jealous of everyone who was able to get the loot! Congrats to you all!:duff

Back