Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 25% off at SSC coupon code through May 7th

Hi guys,

We are manually going through and checking all the orders to verify that all the orders meet the T&Cs of the promotion. If there are any orders that do not qualify, will contact you. Thanks for understanding!

why wasnt something like offered for existing customers :dunno

Yeah, kinda sad. But as I said before I understand it. Every company knows that getting new customers is always more expensive than maintaining a customer base, so they are willing to take more of a hit to do that then to keep an existing customer happy. I do think a good idea, though, is to offer existing customers an offer at the same time so it stings less.

See, a 25% off coupon for existing customers would have just guaranteed I'd buy ANOTHER item from them this month.

See, a 25% off coupon for existing customers would have just guaranteed I'd buy ANOTHER item from them this month.

I'm in the same boat. I was all ready to get the 4-set of Hall of Armors, which I hadn't planned to get. Ah well.

Amazing how many people know how to read and still put in orders to waste time anyway. I guess next we get the crying when the orders are cancelled.

I agree. I am sure they thought of the fact that existing customers would buy something they may not have planned to with a 25% coupon code, but they want new addicts.

It is so funny how a lot of people don't realize there are other addicts other than drug users. The best way to get a new user/addict is to offer them a deep discount to taste the product. Once they have they come back for more and pay fat prices to chase that 1st time feeling again. Never to obtain it of course, but always chasing.

Unfortunately the business of selling most things works the same way.

Sorry I went on a tangent

Amazing how many people know how to read and still put in orders to waste time anyway. I guess next we get the crying when the orders are cancelled.

THE *****ING WILL BE A GIVEN...:rotfl:rotfl

Sideshow would have been suited to have offered it to everyone. Now their employees get to spend the rest of the day manually canceling orders from customers who didn't both to read the fine print, or read it and ordered anyway :lol

You have to assume for everyone one "new" customer that ordered there were 10 regular Sideshow customers who did or would have ordered.

Sideshow would have been suited to have offered it to everyone. Now their employees get to spend the rest of the day manually canceling orders from customers who didn't both to read the fine print, or read it and ordered anyway :lol

You have to assume for everyone one "new" customer that ordered there were 10 regular Sideshow customers who did or would have ordered.

This is the part I don't understand. They did make a lot of work for themselves. They should have set up a way to filter the coupon code to only work with new sign up, and or accounts that had nothing ordered or preordered

BTW King Darkness. The Darkness from Legend is one of my favorite movie characters of all time. Tim Curry's best role IMHO.

This is the part I don't understand. They did make a lot of work for themselves. They should have set up a way to filter the coupon code to only work with new sign up, and or accounts that had nothing ordered or preordered

That would have been nice, but maybe they're hoping ppl will keep their orders after the coupon is taken off.

They have their same old customers in the bag. What they really want are new customers who will turn into returning customers, which is why they have this great deal IMO. They would definitely lose money with the coupon being offered to everyone. We just get the $25 coupons, which pretty much cancels out $25 worth of promotions like free shipping/reward points. I would have liked to see some kind of "Refer a Friend" program where both users get a deal and everyone wins.

There have been similar situations where a company honors a coupon or discount they did not mean to offer so it doesn't hurt to place the order since the code works. . . . . . . . but you shouldn't complain if/when it gets canceled or if you have to make some calls/emails to get back your NRD because you know it was not their intention to give the discount. At least that's the way I see it and yes I placed one because I would be kicking myself for missing the opportunity if they decided to grant the code for everyone.

Couldn't you just make a new account and still get your 25%?
Order works on Iron Patriot, like others if it gets cancelled not gonna cry BUT if honored I'll be smiling

Considering how many people on here ordered something, they should give us a break this time. I hate that every time I get a coupon code, it only works on certain items which SS probably is using to get rid of inventory, stuff that most of us don't want.

FYI if you place an order for a figure that has a NRD, that order is limited to that figure only. If you want to order two figures that both have NRDs, you have to place two separate orders. You can read the NRD information for each figure on their website when looking at each figure's page. Some figures (like Iron Patriot) require a NRD to order. Others like say Spiderman, only require one if you order two or more of the same figure.

It's too bad they don't offer a "one time discount" of say 20% on one item to long time clients...I mean, if a new client can save 25% on four items....?

So a "new customer" could order multiple items due to the NRD and still get the discount?

You can order as many as you want, as long as none of them have an NRD, and still get the discount. Or you can order one item that does have an NRD and get the discount.

Back