Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the $2 as well.

Maybe that extra $5 was compensation for suffering their boring live streams? :monkey3

During the Trivia I muted the volume so I could watch something else. Crowdpurr dings to let you know when there's a new question, though there's probably no need to answer them in order to earn the lottery wheel rewards.

I didn't watch much of the Cobbled Cosplay either. Just don't have the patience for Sideshow's rubbish any more.

Last edited:
I just popped in here to see if I could find out why I received $5 yesterday (I'm not complaining!). I literally forgot to participate in that event where you all got $2, though I did get the $5 for registering. But this new $5 is confusing me. Haha. I was apparently already signed up for Sideshow Con.

I just popped in here to see if I could find out why I received $5 yesterday (I'm not complaining!). I literally forgot to participate in that event where you all got $2, though I did get the $5 for registering. But this new $5 is confusing me. Haha. I was apparently already signed up for Sideshow Con.
Maybe it's just another government stimulus payment distributed through Sideshow. The government is spying on all of us and knows we are likely to spend extra income on collectible figures.

Actors and writers on strike at the same time means San Diego Comic Con is being gutted of its Hollywood element. TV and movie panels and screenings that are somehow not cancelled will get a lot less attention without writers and stars. And all that means that the thousands of people who would spend their nights camped out and their entire days in Hall H and the Indigo Ballroom will now find themselves having nothing better to do than walk the exhibit hall floor. These two strikes together means that booths are going to get a lot more attention than they have in over a decade-and not just from attendees, but also from press. And not just nerd press like Toy News International or Tested.com. I guarantee a number of news stations both local and national will do stories on "What's San Diego Comic Con like without big movies and tv shows."
And Sideshow's going to miss it. But they can save some money and put on a virtual con for the customers they already have, so I'm sure nobody there is kicking themselves or second guessing anything.

Last edited:
IMG_1403.jpeg

Anyone get the $5 RP's when registering for the event? Doesn't say anything about when they give them out.

So was that the mysterious $5 a bunch of us got at the end of the last event then? A number of us signed up for Sideshow Con back in May and got nothing back then.

So was that the mysterious $5 a bunch of us got at the end of the last event then? A number of us signed up for Sideshow Con back in May and got nothing back then.
No, I got the $5 mystery reward, as well as the reward for sign up for this event...got them on June 14th, and 26th.

No, I got the $5 mystery reward, as well as the reward for sign up for this event...got them on June 14th, and 26th.
Same dates as me. The June 14th $5 was for registering for the Summer Blockbuster event. That's the day Asta posted that registration link here and probably the same day most people in this thead registered for it. The 26th was the mystery $5. So unless you have another $5 somewhere in the last month or so, the mystery fiver was either the Sideshow Con rewards or you didn't get the Sideshow Con rewards yet.

Same dates as me. The June 14th $5 was for registering for the Summer Blockbuster event. That's the day Asta posted that registration link here and probably the same day most people in this thead registered for it. The 26th was the mystery $5. So unless you have another $5 somewhere in the last month or so, the mystery fiver was either the Sideshow Con rewards or you didn't get the Sideshow Con rewards yet.
Yeah, I've concluded that the mystery $5 was in fact for Sideshow Con registration. I think the fact that it didn't get added instantaneously back then is what has caused confusion, but then I found & posted the registration link before Sideshow started their social media push so I suspect it was still in the works.

There's also reveals and other stuff every day at 11 AM PT. It's not on the schedule above, but Guy Klender talked about it rather loudly in a video that just went up and it's on the schedule on those "badges" they're trying to encourage everyone to print.
There's also a "gift" for Sideshow Social Network members at 10am on Thursday (probably some reward points). So for anyone who hasn't bothered to join it might be worthwhile to do so just for next week.

Yeah, that must've been the mystery $5 rewards.

When I clicked on the Sideshow con link it told me to register even though I was pretty sure I already did back then, and when I do it says congrats. But I haven't had any new points added to my account.

There's also a "gift" for Sideshow Social Network members at 10am on Thursday (probably some reward points). So for anyone who hasn't bothered to join it might be worthwhile to do so just for next week.

Whenever I go into the Sideshow Social Network I have no idea why it even exists.

It's like a sewage treatment plant into which all the crap from their other social media flows. But why? :huh

:Flush

Back