Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zWTF2.png

Yeah, I got that too..so are these all gonna expire in a week? Or did we just have a week to claim them
I think you have a week to claim them. Just make sure to add them to your rewards ASAP. They're on my promo codes page, but when I click on 'eligible items" it redirects me to the page where you check/claim the code.

I just noticed it says the codes expire on those dates in the email as well. I wouldn't put it past SS to yank those points out of there in a week and make that the new standard.

ONE WEEK POINTS YAY

"Your promo code ____________ is expiring in one week" seems pretty self explanatory. The code emails have had an expiration date (about a week or so) for a while now. For some reason they just put it in the messages. They haven't done that before, but I don't mind getting a reminder, despite redeeming the codes already. I wouldn't get worried until there's a message that says "You have $__ in rewards points expiring in one week." And to be honest, I think that's going to happen around December 24th or 25th, because they said it would.

so the promo codes we get from trivial cahoots have an expiration date and can only be used on select items, and do not count as reward codes for our annual bank? Also, is it not showing which items are eligible for anyone else? I get taken back to the enter your code page.

Wow. I got 2 emails for 2 of the 3 trivia contest codes from Monday as well.

That is really sad if they disappear on the 28th. A couple of $3 rewards points codes is certainly not an incentive to buy/PO an item that sells for a few hundred $$. This is definitely a new low for SS. Jump through hoops, watch videos, participate in activities to get a few dollars only to lose it within a week.

It's like the chuckle I get when I enter one of their giveaways and then get a $25 off code with included products that are in the thousands. Yeah, $25 off that legendary scale $2500 Darth Vader is the push I need to buy one. :rotfl

Pretty sure the expiration date was for the code itself, and the rewards expire after a year. I don't think there was a limit on specific items either. BTW, some folks are getting rewards that don't work. If you are in that boat, click the "Redeem Code" link, instead of copying and pasting. If you have a"Shop Now" link instead, you will have to contact CS...as that will not work.

It's a bit confusing - previously there were promo codes and rewards codes. But now for some reason they're referring to rewards codes as promo codes. While I don't trust SS not to change the terms again, nothing has been said about reward points expiring sooner than a year from when they were earned.

They are showing up in the Promo Codes section of the account page so it is a bit confusing, I forget if they were added in the Rewards section as well. I will have to check the email timestamps, because the links to Select Items in the Promo Code section don't work.

While Sideshow awards these as Promo codes, once they're added to the 'Your Rewards' total they fall under the Rewards Programme Terms & Conditions, to which there's a link under the balance.

The terms still state:

As of January 1, 2021, Sideshow Rewards from any source will have an expiration date of one (1) year from the activation date of the Sideshow rewards.

Sending them as Promo codes probably makes it simpler for them to have them expire if not claimed within a specified time.

If they didn't then you could just wait to activate them in order to extend their life, so they wouldn't just expire a year from now.

You fell asleep waiting for a $3 code? Oh, the things we do for this hobby.:lol

It's funny because it's true. lol

But if I'd known there was the SCSUPER trivia I'd have been logged into the system when they were doing the lotteries, of which there were quite a few (one with a single $100 reward).

However, I haven't won anything from these lotteries since the last event they did.

Nor have I seen my Facebook name appear when they hit the randomiser, even though I type in the required hashtag 'i agree' code (which apparently must be in lower case in order the system to accept it).

Also still missing the reward for the SCDC2 trivia.

Wait so they’ve applied $3 promo codes to our accounts,instead of giving us reward codes? Tf is that crap, has to be a mistake.

Wait so they’ve applied $3 promo codes to our accounts,instead of giving us reward codes? Tf is that crap, has to be a mistake.

They're magical promo codes.

Sideshow lovingly sprinkle each and everyone with fairy dust, so they transform from something very short lived into a butterfly that will flourish for a whole year... before expiring.

They're magical promo codes.

Sideshow lovingly sprinkle each and everyone with fairy dust, so they transform from something very short lived into a butterfly that will flourish for a whole year... before expiring.
They don’t work if you try to redeem them into rewards, just says it’s reached its usage limit.

They don’t work if you try to redeem them into rewards, just says it’s reached its usage limit.

I didn't have that issue with the ones I received.

Are you sure you haven't already applied them? The notifications also included the codes they sent the other day (SCSW and SCMARV).

I didn't have that issue with the ones I received.

Are you sure you haven't already applied them? The notifications also included the codes they sent the other day (SCSW and SCMARV).
Hmm I think they might be the ones I previously got, but they didn’t show up in my account notifications as promo codes until now.

I’m still don’t seem to have received any codes from Day 3 trivia’s, but it seems like you got yours.

Hmm I think they might be the ones I previously got, but they didn’t show up in my account notifications as promo codes until now.

I’m still don’t seem to have received any codes from Day 3 trivia’s, but it seems like you got yours.

I received one of the two: SCMISC2.

Sideshow skipped SCDC2, as up until then they were arriving in chronological order.

Back