Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15th in 2000s Gaming Trivia. I was close/goofed on the PS2/Wii one and misclicked on the God of War one. I probably would have gotten very close to 3rd if I didn't mess up. Best I've done on these trivia though. At least this one was at a reasonable time.

15th in 2000s Gaming Trivia. I was close/goofed on the PS2/Wii one and misclicked on the God of War one. I probably would have gotten very close to 3rd if I didn't mess up. Best I've done on these trivia though. At least this one was at a reasonable time.
I can't read that fast, to even get in the Top Ten!

Fifteen seconds isn't enough time for me to read a question and the answers. That's part of why I hate Trivial Cahoots. I am a huge Star Trek nerd, have written Star Trek trivia quizzes multiple times, and I'm really unsure I would even get into the top 50, because of that shortass time limit.

Lag doesn't help either, I noticed this was a laggier trivia then usual. I was noticed with my 15th spot though lol
When I lost the lottery I just shut it down lol.
It's cruel as hell cause I swear it'll land on something decent, and then just skip to the nearest 'lose' slot :lol

Lag doesn't help either, I noticed this was a laggier trivia then usual. I was noticed with my 15th spot though lol

It's cruel as hell cause I swear it'll land on something decent, and then just skip to the nearest 'lose' slot :lol
nah, the cruel one is that they completely removed participation rewards. Just a bad move overall. They're trying to alienate the "fanbase" ... so to speak.

The time limit isn't too bad, it's the fact that the amount of points awarded is tied to the timer that's the joke. How anyone can read the question and answer fastest enough to get max points is beyond me..

The best I think I ever came in one of these stupid trivia games was like 58 or something. Not worth the time actually participating. Just sign up and guess to "participate" in hopes to be lucky enough to get a random email code...

I've participated in everything so far this week and got two email codes for $4.. One for registering, and one for day one's cobbled cosplay event. Nothing else in 3 days.

Hardly worth the time or effort. :pfft:

I'm very surprised that there is not any $1 or $2 codes dropped the way they used to, at least once a day.

I suppose they are saving that for the big events -- Star Wars, SDCC, Spook, Holidays, etc.

Level Up isn't quite the same... level.

I have only received a $2 email for Mondays cobbled cosplay. No random emails for registering. $8 from the video game. I have participated in everything. maybe we get emailed some rewards next week like in previous events? i doubt it since only the top three trivia winners get rewards, or a random lottery, or you get lucky and pick the correct winner of their boring story book streams. Who knows. Overall, these SS streams are becoming very boring

I'm very surprised that there is not any $1 or $2 codes dropped the way they used to, at least once a day.

I suppose they are saving that for the big events -- Star Wars, SDCC, Spook, Holidays, etc.

Which is kind of insulting since it's E3 week. They also said points all week, barely any.
nah, the cruel one is that they completely removed participation rewards. Just a bad move overall. They're trying to alienate the "fanbase" ... so to speak.
Both are bad. Period. It's such a shame since I got a lot of rewards over the past year just from participating, barely any purchases.

That seems very optimistic of you.

I have only received a $2 email for Mondays cobbled cosplay. No random emails for registering. $8 from the video game. I have participated in everything. maybe we get emailed some rewards next week like in previous events? i doubt it since only the top three trivia winners get rewards, or a random lottery, or you get lucky and pick the correct winner of their boring story book streams. Who knows. Overall, these SS streams are becoming very boring

I got $12 in all.

To put that in perspective, $8 was from the Ser Sideshow game ($5 thanks to medicineman3); $2 for registering; and $2 earned out of a total of 18 live streams that so far formed part of the event.

The way things are working now the only streams with any chance are game related. Anything news related or heavy sales related, where they feign geekery to mask the fact that they're pushing product, has no remuneration for the time you give to Sideshow.

Even recently you could suffer the latter because at some point they would give out a reward code.

They're not going to email jack **** next week unless you're randomly chosen for participating in one of tomorrow's streams. You can struggle through them in the ever waning hope that you might possibly maybe get selected or you could just stop watching. I know that my time is worth more than a slim chance at a couple of bucks here or there. I'm sure yours is, too.

I got $12 in all.

To put that in perspective, $8 was from the Ser Sideshow game ($5 thanks to medicineman3); $2 for registering; and $2 earned out of a total of 18 live streams that so far formed part of the event.

The way things are working now the only streams with any chance are game related. Anything news related or heavy sales related, where they feign geekery to mask the fact that they're pushing product, has no remuneration for the time you give to Sideshow.

Even recently you could suffer the latter because at some point they would give out a reward code.
Not gonna lie, I’ve been really questioning their “geekery” this week because of how little they play video games and what they talked about. The fact that this “event” is so awkwardly timed and the discounts and such are so average at best makes me wonder if they really do play video games that much. Even the games they play are mainly super popular and mainstream ones, also that most of the ss staff don’t have many systems.
I know there’s a thing about not “gatekeeping” people with being a nerd, but at some point it becomes valid to wonder if they actually are being real. I think some of them didn’t even recognize Link and Zelda at some point?? Or a few characters at least.
Also discounting the cheaper stuff mainly instead of more expensive pieces doesn’t help.

General question: Does Sideshow still send out $25 coupons ~40 days after they send you a figure? I got one about 40 days after I received my Iron Man Mk 85 earlier this year. I just got my Endgame Cap and was wondering if I should hang my hopes on a $25 coupon coming to purchase my next figure.

Back