Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC waiting for January code

I'm waiting on a 20% off code for Luke. Don't think we'd ever see any more than that on the exclusive (which could sell out before it's discounted more than the $25).

Which Luke you referring to? FETT25 is working on Red Five but not HT Farmboy. Not sure whether to pull the trigger on Red Five or hold out a bit longer.

Which Luke you referring to? FETT25 is working on Red Five but not HT Farmboy. Not sure whether to pull the trigger on Red Five or hold out a bit longer.

I meant Red Five. I do think we'll see a 20% off at some point, but maybe just the regular version as the exclusive could sell out by then, which is probably fine with me. Tough to say. I'm thinking maybe when TFA gets released on blu ray we could get a Star Wars coupon.

Personally I'm holding out. It's an "exclusive" and they have to offer a discount to get rid of it? Even with the $25 off it's too much. If it had free shipping too I'd say go for it.

Clue me in, how does baggage fees relate to postal increases?

If you read the post that I quoted when I mentioned baggage fees, it was a post from someone else talking about how the price of gas has gone down yet USPS rates are going up. I was comparing it to luggage fees, which the airlines started when gas was $5/gallon. Yet those baggage fees haven't gone away now that gas prices are a lot lower. That's all.

Baggage fees are high because planes are being filled with collectibles which come in larger boxes and take up a lot of space. They're doing this to offset the lost income from transporting cocaine which is uch more lucrative in much less volume, leaving plenty left over for baggage. Blame the columbians - everything's coming in by boat now.

If you read the post that I quoted when I mentioned baggage fees, it was a post from someone else talking about how the price of gas has gone down yet USPS rates are going up. I was comparing it to luggage fees, which the airlines started when gas was $5/gallon. Yet those baggage fees haven't gone away now that gas prices are a lot lower. That's all.

It was my post you quoted. I've never seen baggage fees connected to gas prices, the price of tickets seem to rise and fall with the cost of gas outside of holiday travel. Baggage fees were added to reduce the cost of the base price of the ticket so airlines could increase prices while not looking like they are raising ticket prices.

Tell me about those ticket prices! I was flying Emirates the other day and they tried giving me the wrong bloody caviar! Can you believe that crap?

Got a question for you guys (thought this thread would be best, being about codes and all).

Been thinking about a pre-order. I still have a credit from an old deposit and was wondering if I can combine this with a code and/or reward points. How would I go about doing this. Put through the order and then contact Sideshow or contact them first and give instructions?

I fly a fair amount and until gas prices were $5/gallon, there were no baggage fees. When they were added to nearly every airline the reasoning was skyrocketing fuel costs. I fly Southwest typically and they allow two 50 lb bags. But most others only allow one and it's $25+ each way for an additional bag.

(ps. man this thread gets weird when we don't have any codes)

I just had a horrific thought.
Everyone's worried about the "No january code" It is a new year, what if it's "No 2016 Codes!"?

In 2013 I flew on some airline from Buffalo to Florida and it was 0 bags included. You had to pay for any checked bags - thankfully checked stroller and car seats didn't cost anything.

In 2013 I flew on some airline from Buffalo to Florida and it was 0 bags included. You had to pay for any checked bags - thankfully checked stroller and car seats didn't cost anything.

Must be Spirit Airlines. I went on a trip with super cheap friends and they made us fly this garbage airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone's worried about the "No january code" It is a new year, what if it's "No 2016 Codes!"?

Seems like a poor business move. I think they would lose even more business to other retailers who charge reasonable shipping amounts. The coupon basically makes the reward points somewhat worth it. Without the 20.00 off, it might be more reasonable to shop elsewhere.

Seems like a poor business move. I think they would lose even more business to other retailers who charge reasonable shipping amounts. The coupon basically makes the reward points somewhat worth it. Without the 20.00 off, it might be more reasonable to shop elsewhere.

Yeah, if they stopped offering codes, I'll order from other retailers unless it is an exclusive I really want. Even with the code it just cancels out their shipping cost at this point.

I fly a fair amount and until gas prices were $5/gallon, there were no baggage fees. When they were added to nearly every airline the reasoning was skyrocketing fuel costs. I fly Southwest typically and they allow two 50 lb bags. But most others only allow one and it's $25+ each way for an additional bag.

(ps. man this thread gets weird when we don't have any codes)

Guess we have been reading different articles explaining the reasons for bag fees then :pfft:

The good thing about the lack of a code is its kept me from pulling the trigger on more Hot Toys :lol

It'd make me stop buying from SSC in all reality. All the orders I have used coupons mainly because being in CA I have to pay tax, so ordering it with the coupon counterbalances that.

Current discount codes at SSC waiting for January code

It'd make me stop buying from SSC in all reality. All the orders I have used coupons mainly because being in CA I have to pay tax, so ordering it with the coupon counterbalances that.

With the exception of exclusives and if I have points, I have already stopped buying from Sideshow. The coupons are not enough to offset the California tax and high shipping charges. $17 to ship a single figure from Thousand Oaks to Sacramento is too much.

Back