Curio cabinet for 1/6 collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your collection is beyond amazing !. :rock
I'm using the bestas myself. Just got to put them together first. :lol

Thanks man! You need to get off your butt and build that sucker :) I'm actually planning on heading down to Orlando, FL Saturday to hit up Ikea for a few more Bestas. Going to at least get another setup like I currently have and may get a couple more. May not get the glass doors right aways since they add up quick at $50 each.

do you have the item number of that besta, I found something that looks similar only it comes with wood doors.

I have the tallest Besta units that are like 75" high. A double wide next to a single to give me 3 columns. One day I'll get around to painting the wires for the lights black

Here's a pic of the Predator in the cabinet:

3293605755_10e5671284_b.jpg

Awesome - thank you for the pic - I feel much more reassured now about buying these.

How are they as far as handling weight?

I wanted to put stuff in them much like what you have, but also wanted to put stuff on top of it too........Aliens 1:1 bust, Predator 1:1 bust, Alien 3 maquette, ect............pretty heavy stuff......I want to make sure that this thing will support the weight of all of it.

What do you think? is it safe?

I have the tallest Besta units that are like 75" high. A double wide next to a single to give me 3 columns. One day I'll get around to painting the wires for the lights black

Here's a pic of the Predator in the cabinet:

3293605755_10e5671284_b.jpg

How much did it cost for the 3 columns the way you have them set up?

Awesome - thank you for the pic - I feel much more reassured now about buying these.

How are they as far as handling weight?

I wanted to put stuff in them much like what you have, but also wanted to put stuff on top of it too........Aliens 1:1 bust, Predator 1:1 bust, Alien 3 maquette, ect............pretty heavy stuff......I want to make sure that this thing will support the weight of all of it.

What do you think? is it safe?

I just purchased the besta and the rating was approx 66 pounds per shelf.

I took a 2 hour road trip to Ikea yesterday to pick up a couple Detolf cabinets and I am very impressed, certainly worth the drive and money. For $59.99 you can't beat em and they are perfect for most HT. Thanks for your tips on the cabinets

Just this last weekend I made a trip to Ikea and bought 2 of the 50"H x 47"W besta units in a walnut brown finish. Was going to go with the black/brown but thought that the walnut would look much nicer.

Bought the 2 packs of the dioder lights and 8 besta TOMBO doors (size 23 5/8" x 25 1/4")

Put the Besta units together with my girlfriend on Sunday and installed the lights as well. Haven't put the doors on yet, going to wait until next weekend to do that :)

We rearranged the room so that everything would fit where it should and MAN o MAN DOES IT LOOK AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!! It feels like Im in a museum. Honestly I could not be happier with the setup. I have more room for my things and they look way more professional (if thats the right word) the way they are set up now. I am still arranging all of my statues to where I want them to be, but it already looks freakin amazing!

I'll post some pics later tonight when I get home to show you guys the progress so far.

Big thank you to Bonedaddy for all the help with this. Thanks for all the info and pics with the Pred Maquette in your setup. Really helped so much!!

Back