Cool British article about Canada!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF are you going on with?..there are patriotic soldiers that are cowards on the battlefield and there are the long battle hardened ones that start to read between the lines..all has to do with experience...i think just about any War is fought over BS reasons...mainly starts with religion.
In that case why the hell join the army for? Most people join the army so they could get a free load from their government, they never expect to go to war. Then war happen what do they do? they use excuses not to fight like '' i dont believe in this war '' . Just imagine Valfar is a soldier, the terorrist will ^^^^^ on our head.

In that case why the hell join the army for? Most people join the army so they could get a free load from their government, they never expect to go to war. Then war happen what do they do? they use excuses not to fight like '' i dont believe in this war '' . Just imagine Valfar is a soldier, the terorrist will ^^^^^ on our head.

That would be the "dont ask dont tell" policy at work. :lol

Yea, true i don't agree with taking a free ride in the service and then backing down from war..but, being forced to sign up and fight for a dying cause is pretty rough.

continue bashing..

Yea, true i don't agree with taking a free ride in the service and then backing down from war..but, being forced to sign up and fight for a dying cause is pretty rough.

continue bashing..

Id have to agree with that....in todays instance, not so much in wars past

Now proceed with the bashing, please use the Maple Leafs as a source of good material
:lol

Never been to NFLD, but I would agree that the people I've met from there are among the friendliest in Canada. However, in my experience, I've found that Nova Scotians are overrated in that department. They love to think of themselves as "nicer" than other Canadians, especially those from Ontario, but I've met plenty of a-holes here.

In fact, to be quite honest I've generally found Americans to be much friendlier than Canadians on many occasions, although Canadians are often more polite in many cases. That's a distinction that I think is too often overlooked, imo.

Nothing to forgive I just hate draft dodgers and people that when asked refuse to serve and alot of those people(mostly back in the day) just went up to Canada to hide. Sorry if it came off as a shot at Canadians.

Oh yea be safe when you get deployed. :cool:

Thanks, will do!

Never been to NFLD, but I would agree that the people I've met from there are among the friendliest in Canada. However, in my experience, I've found that Nova Scotians are overrated in that department. They love to think of themselves as "nicer" than other Canadians, especially those from Ontario, but I've met plenty of a-holes here.

In fact, to be quite honest I've generally found Americans to be much friendlier than Canadians on many occasions, although Canadians are often more polite in many cases. That's a distinction that I think is too often overlooked, imo.

Thanks, will do!

Anywhere you go you're going to find good, bad, rude, polite, etc. people. People tend to judge Americans by what they see in NYC or Hollywood. Most of us are actually quite normal! :lol

Anywhere you go you're going to find good, bad, rude, polite, etc. people. People tend to judge Americans by what they see in NYC or Hollywood. Most of us are actually quite normal! :lol

And mind you, this is coming from ones point of view..we all have different takes on what we think is "good" or "bad".

I agree. So many people up here who think Americans are rude haven't even been to the States. It's really just a stupid cliche.

I've been to a few places in the South, and they're awesome down there. Even in Detroit, which gets such a bad rep, people are super friendly and very outgoing. Maine=great, DC=great, Florida=great. I found Seattle to be very much like a Canadian city though - people weren't as outgoing... Not saying that's a bad thing by any means, I felt very much at home there!

Montreal is a nice town indeed, great night life..but, only if you are from there its good..they usually shun you pretty quick in that town if they find out you are not from there and do not speak Francais..hell, last time i was in Montreal with a few buddies..we froze our arses off walking back from the bar in -38 degree weather..took a whole hour of walking before we finally flagged down a cab that was not taken. Nicest person i met in Montreal was actually a guy i met in Second Cup from Boston who was down there on vacation, the guy was a joker.

I'm not from Montreal... and yet I met people there who were decidedly verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry friendly... :naughty Of course-- I'm bilingual. :D

Many great summers spent in Montreal... One of my favourite cities...

I've been to Montreal and I don't speak French at all. I never got the feeling that I was being shunned. I think Quebec city is more known for that. Most of Montreal seems to be bilingual. It's a beautiful city and very friendly, unless of course you're a pedestrian crossing against the lights. I was once told by a local at a crosswalk that in Montreal it's like the law of the jungle, and the Montreal drivers keep the pedestrians in line.

I love the people I've met and are friends with from the Western provinces.

I love the people I've met and are friends with from Ontario.

I _____ the people I've met and are _______ with from Quebec.

: )

In all seriousness, I can't stand the snowbirds that come down to South Florida from Quebec. They are rude, nasty, and overall just pieces of garbage. And yes, that goes for EVERY SINGLE ONE I've met that are "snowbirds." Snowbirds from Quebec seem to be of a certain breed.

I love the people I've met and are friends with from the Western provinces.

I love the people I've met and are friends with from Ontario.

I _____ the people I've met and are _______ with from Quebec.

: )

In all seriousness, I can't stand the snowbirds that come down to South Florida from Quebec. They are rude, nasty, and overall just pieces of garbage. And yes, that goes for EVERY SINGLE ONE I've met that are "snowbirds." Snowbirds from Quebec seem to be of a certain breed.

Ha I was just going to say I was in FL two weeks ago on vacation and there where a TON of Canadian license plates. I was thinking to my self why are they all down here. But now I know. Haha. We went to Universal Studios (manly to go to WWHP) and in almost every line we stood the people in front and back of us were speaking french, it was quite annoying cause they never stopped talking.

Except the last ride we rode which happened to be the longest wait, we met this super friendly Canadian couple, and we chatted with them the entire time.

My wife was born in Edmonton... Go Canada. And whats funny is that I was born in the US but I knew the words to Oh Canada before I knew all the words to the Star Spangled Banner (I guess I watched too much CFL on tv as a kid.) :)

Back