Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man once that Mechanical clone wars Maul is out I'm instantly ordering it and. I might also pick up HT Anakin hoping for Rots to go with my amazing sideshow Kenobi. Also Zuckuss is a must for me I always loved the way he looked. I'm currently building money for the HT Han and Chewbacca so I'm bummed I most likely cannot get it I'll buy it on amazon someday though. Also am I the only one who wants Sideshow to make Rebels figs? It might just be me but I would absolutely love to see the crew of the ghost mostly Kanan and Zeb though.

It will be interesting to see if Rebels get's any figures made in 1/6... I don't have any interest (although I enjoy the series) but Sideshow has made figures specific to both CW series, so it would make sense.

They'll probably happen at some point, but LFL wants licensees to shift focus from Rebels in Q3 of this year (obviously to "The Force Awakens").

Rebels was the official main push for one full calendar year (May 2014 - May 2015), so it would appear SSC has missed that particular window, barring a surprise announcement soon.

And I'm fine with that... it's a pretty fun series and I enjoy both the OT and McQuarrie nods; but it's not something I'd ever invest serious collecting money into.

Anakin may no longer be in the cards... he was added back when HT first announced the collaboration with Sideshow to make 1/6 figures. Since they've gotten their own license they seem to be completely avoiding the PT, at least for now.

I assume they will at least release the major characters of the PT at some point, but they don't seem to be in a rush.
Yeah I'm sure eventually Hot Toys will make some characters from the Prequel Trilogy but probably only after they've finished the big hitters from the Original Trilogy and the characters from The Force Awakens. I'm not even sure I'd buy any Prequel Trilogy figures as I really don't like the films much at all. The only ones I'd consider would be Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith version, wouldn't care for a Padawan version), and Darth Maul. Anakin I wouldn't care too much about getting but like a lot of people I'd consider the Dark Side version from Revenge of the Sith.

:lol Well obviously Hot Toys will continue making characters from whatever new films come out, but I'm sure eventually they'll get to some Prequel Trilogy figures. I bet they won't go as extensive though and will probably do only main characters.

Well like I said I don't think they'll go very extensive but I doubt they'll completely ignore the Prequel Trilogy. I bet we get at least the core characters though such as Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and maybe Padme. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Darth Maul just because he has a cool look.

I bet we get at least the core characters

So you're saying Jar Jar?

Nodding Jack Nicholson.gif

Darth Maul definitely. Qui-Gon probably. Young Anakin and Jar Jar two-pack? Hopefully!! :lol

Honestly in some ways an unfinished C3PO from The Phantom Menace would sort of be cool if you ask me. Not a fan of the Prequel Trilogy for the most part and C3PO is a character I only need one version of, but that would be a somewhat cool variant.

Honestly in some ways an unfinished C3PO from The Phantom Menace would sort of be cool if you ask me. Not a fan of the Prequel Trilogy for the most part and C3PO is a character I only need one version of, but that would be a somewhat cool variant.

But then you'd be admitting that Darth Vader built C-3PO, and IMO, that's worse than joining the Dark Side. I still have hopes that Disney will retcon the entire prequel trilogy and eventually make a brand new set of prequel films - ones that start with Anakin already in his 20's and an older Obi who isn't himself an apprentice. You know, take everything that's mentioned in the OT about the past and incorporate it into a set of three movies instead of crapping all over those bits.

But then you'd be admitting that Darth Vader built C-3PO, and IMO, that's worse than joining the Dark Side. I still have hopes that Disney will retcon the entire prequel trilogy and eventually make a brand new set of prequel films - ones that start with Anakin already in his 20's and an older Obi who isn't himself an apprentice. You know, take everything that's mentioned in the OT about the past and incorporate it into a set of three movies instead of crapping all over those bits.
That's true and I even thought about that while typing it, but I still think that could look cool in 1/6th form if done properly. Although with all that wiring and stuff I'd have to imagine it'd be a nightmare to assemble and make it look right. It probably would cost a lot too.

Reading the list, really really excited for Maul robo legs and Dooku, and I hope they make Savage Opress so we can have all the TCW big villains

I'm hoping for Lando, leia, Yoda, admiral ackbar and of course Sy Snootles from "Jedi Rocks".

I'm lying about one of these, if you couldn't already tell.

Back