Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always just assumed Leia remembered her via the force. But that sounds really dumb to me now. :dunno

I think that works too... I just assumed in the original continuity that her mother died when she was a very young child; like 3 or 4.

Force is good to, and really anything is better than the explanation given in ROTS :lol

I enjoyed ROTJ years ago but just saying upon recent viewing there's just so much wrong with it. It's like a PT movie.

But ANH and ESB hold up really well. I always fluctuate between which of those is my favorite. Depends which one I've OD on most recently I suppose. But because of all the VII hype, I'm once again in a STAR WARS (ANH) mood.

I'll tire of them in a year... and start considering if I should rewatch ROTJ... or ROTS. :horror

Jabba's Palace is cool and way superior to anything in the PT. ROTJ suffers from poor lead performances and little on-screen chemistry (and mostly a waste of Vader and Fett) and has the thankless job of tying together wild conflicting ideas from the first two movies. Standard third film malaise. But to put it on the same level as any PT movie is just wrong - even if I don't hate ROTS as much as I and II.:lol

One of the biggest problems with any movie in general is that they must cram in everything in under 2 hours (usually). Even all 6 movies together, that's only 12 hours. Then you look at the Clone Wars series with a total of 121 episodes at 22 mins each, that's a total of over 44 hours. That's a lot more time for character development and to tell a good story(s). Man I loved that show! :) FU Disney!

I'm really unsure that Lando, or Old Ben will be made by HT. I'm hoping for Leia at the least.

When do we get a New Hope DEATH SQUAD COMMANDER? He was my first figure of the original 12 and favorite besides Walrusman.

Whatever happened to the release of the max rebo band? I heard that one a few years back. It was supposed to compliment the jabba throne environment. Then it'd like to see the remaining bounty hunters. Then, HT. Do a new ep 4 Ben, Luke, and leiah. Just those 10 more, then I'm done. And maybe a Lando, a skiff Lando, some version of Ahsoka Tano. Definitely an Ahsoka.

Whatever happened to the release of the max rebo band? I heard that one a few years back. It was supposed to compliment the jabba throne environment. Then it'd like to see the remaining bounty hunters. Then, HT. Do a new ep 4 Ben, Luke, and leiah. Just those 10 more, then I'm done. And maybe a Lando, a skiff Lando, some version of Ahsoka Tano. Definitely an Ahsoka.

You can't ever say a figure or set won't happen... but this one seems less and less likely as time goes on. The time to release them would have been either soon after Jabba first came out or when Sideshow started putting on the non-standard body figures like the Gammorean Guards or Hammerhead.

It's still possible, but with base prices on figures hovering around $200+... I wonder how many people would be in at $600 for the trio. I'd like to have them, but I would spend $600 on the set; probably not even $400.

If the Max Rebo Band is ever produce. I promise I will shut my mouth and get it whatever the price.:peace:D

You'd think with the HT Star Wars show cranking into high gear Sideshow would focus on items like the Rebo Band.

Military and creatures was what Sideshow always did best, and with HT's move into military with stormies and likely Sandies before long, the creatures are wide open. HT will only do creatures like Yoda and Chewy - none of the second stringers.

Jawas can't be far way for SSC - and it's their chance to get something out for firmly under $200 (and hopefully it would be a tall jawa and short jawa.) Two pack for $180... deal?:yess:

Thanks, hadn't seen it. I thought Enterbay did Bruce Lee? Did HT take a crack at him too or were/are they connected to Enterbay? I also some some SSC releases in the vid...
HT did their own Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon figure. I think, if I remember correctly, it was DX04.

Back