College Football General Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was a hard fought game. Auburn's D held up better than I thought they would. I peer the usual suspects from the SEC to stay good or get better. I just hope Mizzou gets to that level. We've been a solid program. It I want us to take that next step.

Missouri took huge strides this year. I really hoped it was going to be you guys playing tonight.

Auburn came out and played some of the best defense I've seen all year. Nothing was easy except for the kick return. Instant classic.

Let's not get delusional here people.

This is one championship game. The SEC has commanded the title for the past 7 years! They're proven. It's up to the others to step up to that level. As was stated, FSU's program was modeled to that of the SEC. Go figure.

I'm not an SEC fan myself. I just love good football and that's exactly what we got tonight. Thank goodness for a great championship game.

Congratulations to Florida St and their fans. Your team earned it! :clap

Missouri took huge strides this year. I really hoped it was going to be you guys playing tonight.

I think we did. Like I said Mizzou has been a solid program. Look at the Cotton Bowl for example the only Big 12 team to win it over the last decade was Mizzou. So I hope you're right and this year was the next step towards getting into big bowl territory. I hoped it would be us as well. We just ran out of gas against auburn and didn't handle that triple option well at all. At least we sent those hillbillies from Okie St home sad. :yess:

At least we sent those hillbillies from Okie St home sad. :yess:

Indeed y'all did. At least your team showed up to play, haha. Mine had that didn't want to be here attitude. Saban said it best, our team got to where it expected to win. He'll get us ready to go and we'll land another monster recruiting class next month.

Mizzou took big steps this year. Winning the SEC East was a great way to establish themselves in the conference.

2013 sucked. I'm ready for the next Gator season. Only 234 days until kickoff at the Swamp.:impatient:

Indeed y'all did. At least your team showed up to play, haha. Mine had that didn't want to be here attitude. Saban said it best, our team got to where it expected to win. He'll get us ready to go and we'll land another monster recruiting class next month.

Yeah, I think they looked let down by not being able to play tonight. Thing is they still had a apchance to win despite playing their worst game of the year. That shows me just how stupid Sooner fans were for chanting overrated. I fully expect to see them playing well again next year and glad we won't see them until the sec title game (hopefully).

When you win as much as we have you are going to get the hate and chants like that. I was at the game and I can tell you OU fans seemed pretty dang excited for beating such an "overrated" team.

I hope our teams play in Atlanta next year, but I think Auburn will be tuff to beat in the West again. And LSU is always good. We'll see.

I think they were as shocked as the rest of us. :lol

Fingers crossed. :pray: I agree. Auburn and LSU should both be good as usual.

I think this game change some recruits minds from going to Bama and switching to Auburn.

Auburn is not that good. They are an option team that relies on wearing you down late in the game and you not knowing where the ball is going. If you force them to pass the ball then they are a below average team on offense. They blew a 21-3 lead and only scored 10 points in the second half.

Auburn is not that good. They are an option team that relies on wearing you down late in the game and you not knowing where the ball is going. If you force them to pass the ball then they are a below average team on offense. They blew a 21-3 lead and only scored 10 points in the second half.

I agree that is there key but it worked most of the year. I wished Mizzou had just loaded the box and made them pass.

Easier said then done. I think Mizzou can win the SEC championship next year though.

Of course it wouldn't be easy but it would be a risk I'd have took at some point in the game. They might be able to. They're losing several good players so it will be key other guys step up.

Missouri has a shoot...check their schedule. No LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss. Florida will still be down, Georgia breaking in a new QB for the first time in four years, Vandy may be without Franklin(may go to PSU), no Manizel or Evans at A&M. Trap games will be KY and AR. Arkansas has a shot at being pretty decent by the end of the year if they survive the pounding of the western conference. If they are to push for the SEC title, it lines up very nice next year.

2014 Missouri Tigers Football Schedule

Aug. 30 South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Sept. 6 at Toledo Rockets

Sept. 13 UCF Knights

Sept. 20 Indiana Hoosiers

Sept. 27 at South Carolina Gamecocks

Oct. 4 --- Open Date --- ---

Oct. 11 Georgia Bulldogs

Oct. 18 at Florida Gators

Oct. 25 Vanderbilt Commodores

Nov. 1 Kentucky Wildcats

Nov. 8 --- Open Date --- ---

Nov. 15 at Texas A&M Aggies

Nov. 22 at Tennessee Volunteers

Nov. 29 Arkansas Razorbacks

Dec. 6 SEC Championship Game

There is a chance for sure. Something's have to fall fall into place but it could happen. I would love it if it did.

There is a chance for sure. Something's have to fall fall into place but it could happen. I would love it if it did.

I think it already has. Only two west games. Both weak compared to the others (man, that hurts to say) no real OOC game. I would love for Arkansas to have that schedule. We would go bowling. As ours sit now, i will probably be watching others again next year.

Here is Arkansas' schedule:

2014 Arkansas Razorbacks Football Schedule

Aug. 30 at Auburn*
Sept. 6 Nicholls State
Sept. 13 at Texas Tech
Sept. 20 Northern Illinois
Sept. 27 vs. Texas A&M*^
Oct. 11 Alabama*
Oct. 18 Georgia*
Oct. 25 UAB
Nov. 1 at Mississippi State*
Nov. 15 LSU*
Nov. 22 Ole Miss*
Nov. 29 at Missouri*

Looks like three to fours wins. Six if the games fall perfect for us. Sure hope I am wrong.

What a game. I'm late to this party, but I had a feeling Auburn would show up big. I thought they were going to run away with it as it was the first real adversity that Florida State seen all year. Good coaching to keep Winston and the Seminoles on track. The offense found it's stride and turned in a performance that people tuned in for.

Back