Clerks III - 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
rT1Jws3.jpg

Plot

After surviving a heart attack, Randal Graves decides to make a movie with Dante Hicks about their lives at the Quick Stop convenience store.

They're currently filming in New Jersey. They are recreating scenes from the original scene and even wearing the old outfits.

It's kid of surreal to see them almost 30 years later in the same outfits re doing scenes in 2021. It's some Marty McFly **** watching old events from a different POV. :lol

It's also funny to watch how much money is wasted in large studio productions with all those people standing around getting paid. That same scene was filmed 30 years ago with a tiny "crew" and one camera.

After that last abomination he laid eggs out where we revisit all the View Askew characters I don't think I'm ever gonna watch anything else he does.

And I say this as a guy that practically worshiped this dude in the 90s. He should have just quit while he was ahead after Dogma, or stuck to experimenting like he did in "Red State," cause the constant rehashes of his original movie is just tiresome and pathetic.

After that last abomination he laid eggs out where we revisit all the View Askew characters I don't think I'm ever gonna watch anything else he does.

And I say this as a guy that practically worshiped this dude in the 90s. He should have just quit while he was ahead after Dogma, or stuck to experimenting like he did in "Red State," cause the constant rehashes of his original movie is just tiresome and pathetic.
Yeah, his "best" work was in the 90s. Everything in the last 20 years has been mediocre or terrible. Clerks 2 wasn't terrible, so I'm looking forward to a more grounded film in Clerks 3. Those Jay and Silent Bob films are purposely ridiculous and over the top. The Clerks films are a bit more grounded.

I could only sit through Clerks 2 once. It didn't make me laugh at all, just depressed me.

And now it's 15 years later and these losers are still working at a convenient store. That's even more depressing. I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole.

I could only sit through Clerks 2 once. It didn't make me laugh at all, just depressed me.

And now it's 15 years later and these losers are still working at a convenient store. That's even more depressing. I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole.
Well, they own the store now...kind of, Jay and Bob gave them the money, so maybe they own it.

The only Kevin Smith film I remember watching when it came out was Dogma. At the time I was just into other stuff. So the last few days I've watched Clerks, Clerks 2 Chasing Amy, and Mall Rats. Currently slogging through Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I think he has ... moments ... ? ... but I really don't get exactly why he's famous. I guess I'm way too old to be watching these flicks now. They also seem like they come from a parallel universe.

Maybe the Large Hadron Collider really did blow us into another reality. :unsure:

but I really don't get exactly why he's famous.

It is one of the great mysterious of the 21st century. Hollywood has no idea. Smith has no idea. No one knows why we know him or why anyone lets him speak. If it wasn't for his friendships, he would have been long gone.

He's like a bad penny... or an unflushable turd.

You’d think they be sick of customer service after so long at the same damn store

He was just in the right place at the right time. He just squeaked in to Hollywood before the internet. The internet made him completely irrelevant. In 1995, Mallrats was a big deal cause we'd never seen a mainstream movie making constant references to Star Wars and Marvel comics. A few years later, he'd be just a drop in an ocean of similar pudgy bearded nerds with snarky sarcastic comments about pop culture and obsessed with raunch and sex. He basically won the lottery.

He's not that good a filmmaker, not that great a writer.....he's entertaining enough to listen to if you just wanna shoot the ****, but so is almost every nerd online.

I really liked his stuff at the time but I can't watch most of it now...just so painfully dated and amateurish. And his new stuff is even worse than his old stuff. Whoever said that the only thing he's really good for anymore is when he dishes dirt on the things he's seen in Hollywood is right.

He's still around because of his big mouth.

The guy will talk endlessly and is extremely vulgar.

It was his shtick back in the day, but all of his films after Dogma are a mess.

He was just in the right place at the right time. He just squeaked in to Hollywood before the internet. The internet made him completely irrelevant. In 1995, Mallrats was a big deal cause we'd never seen a mainstream movie making constant references to Star Wars and Marvel comics. A few years later, he'd be just a drop in an ocean of similar pudgy bearded nerds with snarky sarcastic comments about pop culture and obsessed with raunch and sex. He basically won the lottery.

He's not that good a filmmaker, not that great a writer.....he's entertaining enough to listen to if you just wanna shoot the ****, but so is almost every nerd online.

I really liked his stuff at the time but I can't watch most of it now...just so painfully dated and amateurish. And his new stuff is even worse than his old stuff. Whoever said that the only thing he's really good for anymore is when he dishes dirt on the things he's seen in Hollywood is right.
Maybe that's how his stuff keeps getting green lit - he's got dirt on some industry execs and they're worried what he might say if they cut off his financing...

Well considering he only has a career at all thanks to the continued support of Harvey Weinstein, I don't think he's in a position to throw accusations around.

If it wasn't for his friendships, he would have been long gone.
Is that how the cast for 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back' happened? I get this was years ago now but some of those actors look like they may have been pretty expensive even back then. Or at the very least not prone to starring in movies like that ...

Back