Classsic BSG Starbuck & Apollo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklefunger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I looks like its gonna take forever for Amok to re-release the Starbuck & Apollo 1/6's. Soooo, why don't we get it done. Any others interested? What do you say WE show them how it's done. We don't need to rely on a company to cater to us when we can make it happen

Anyone aboard?

I'm interested, but I'm not sure we could get commissioned sculpts finished any earlier than Amoktime will have the new versions, assuming they'll definitely be coming.

Im in, for Richard and Benedict

But I have the old Majestic Apollo anyway, would get the later Amok over the newer if I had the sculpt - parts would be cheaper, id sooner do that and buy a body and swap out both than have to buy the newer Benedict

I have the Majestic 12" Apollo and Starbuck from the classic BSG. I'd really love to get more accurate head sculpts that look more like Dirk Benedict, and Richard Hatch. The Majestic ones are...okay I guess. :rolleyes:

Count me in for one of each. Apollo and Starbuck. Unpainted. :D

I doubt that anyone could do a better job than the sculptors that Amok have doing their figure heads. I would be curious to see how yours come out, but couldn't commit sight unseen.

Good news/Bad news.
The good news - I'm in if you can get the sculpts done well
The bad news - I saw the Amok owner at a show this past weekend. Sales/pre-orders for BSG overall were less than expected. The remaining announced figures WILL be released but there is little hope that they will invest in redoing the Apollo & Starbuck sculpts at this point. A big change from what I was originally told, but then again that was at the 2008 Toy Fair. Things change and this is one of those things, albeit disappointing, thats changed.

Thought this had died as crappy as this is for BSG it may boost this thread

Seems weve a few interested maybe contact them and ask them to subscribe ?

Prices per sculpts and Sculptors, Ill email Lonnie

A reply from Lonnie at H2creative

That's not a lot of interest for custom pieces to be able to spread the cost out over.

I'll check the schedule to see if its even a possibility right now

May have something in the way of news on this. Working on it. Will update as soon as I get response.

I hope whoever moves this forward tries to use the same sculptors who did the Amoktime BSG sculpts. Seems like all the heads would have a consistent look to them. I would be up for a better Adama as well as at least Baltar and Jolly.

While it did suffer from poor paint apps, I thought Adama was the best of Majestic's sculpts. And the Apollo and Starbuck did improve some with a paint job. I would much prefer seeing a "true" Baltar (John Colicos)before a redone Adama. Jolly would be nice as would:
Maga - the Borellian Nomen, Dr. Salik, Bojay, Sheba, Cmdr. Leiter, Omega, Giles and Greenbean

I would be impressed with Amok if they were to release the Apollo & starbuck with new sculpts, yeah, I'd get them (again)

Don't have all the information yet, but....
Starbuck and Apollo, classic style, WILL be coming. Details will be posted as soon as I have them.
:rock2

Back