Clark W. Griswold custom thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clarkgriswold3.jpg

This sculpt is absolutely one of the best likenesses I have ever seen. Sorry I missed out.

Any chance the second run will happen before Christmas?

Sorry, but not likely. Since I don't have experience in casting, I have to have a friend do it for me, and he's very busy right now, and not likely to get them done in time for this Christmas. Trust me, I'm disappointed in that myself as I was hoping to make more for some friends for Christmas presents. I will announce here when I have any update to getting more available.

On a separate note, I have another friend who is making me some of Clark's outfit (Sweater, Santa coat and hat, etc.) so I might be able to offer a few of those as well. Again, will post something here.

Lastly, I'm sure we'd all love to see what anyone has been doing with their Chevy heads. Anyone have progress pictures yet, other than those who already posted?

Hello fellow Vacationers. I know it's been quite awhile, and I promissed to have more Clark heads for those still interested. I started making some (which is a first for me personaly), and got 4 good pulls, but realized too late that I had apparently squished the mold a bit too much leaving me with 4 good copies of Clark that are a little thinner than usual. It actually makes him look a bit younger, slightly thinner in the face. To me, the only negative is that the bridge of his nose is slightly unnaturaly thin. Therefore, I'm giving up trying to do it myself.

The good news is, I've got someone making me a new mold and he's going to cast some up for me. He "said" he'd have some ready in about a week. I still have the list of people interested, and will contact them first, but I'll have more available than people on the list. Therefore, if anyone is interested, please let me know. It will be the same deal as before (see post from 10/28/09), and you'll get the same head as what's pictured here, but the resin will be a different color.

Lastly, I'd LOVE to see some pictures of finished customs using this head. If I ever get mine to perfection, I'll post pics as well. Thanks, and sorry for such a lengthy delay.

Ok, this head sculpt was commissioned by Spenser, whom you've seen many head sculpts done by in this forum. I have acquired the sculpt and mold, so while Spenser gets the credit he deserves for this awesome sculpt, all sales will be through me, Dan. I also want to let everyone know that despite I am a representative of Toy Anxiety, this is purely personal. I just don't use another ID to separate myself from the store.

The heads are currently on their way, and I will have 5 for sale to start at $35 unpainted. Sorry, won't be able to offer them painted at this time. I don't have that kind of talent. Here's a picture of the sculpt and a painted head, which was also painted by Spenser as a test shot.

Lastly, I started this thread more so I could get people's ideas on outfit pieces, so if anyone has any good ideas, let's here them. Specifically looking for ideas on the sweater and tie. Thanks!

clarkgriswold3.jpg

That is a gorgeous sculpt.

OK This is the list I have of those who have requested a Clark head. Please PM if you are on the list and don't want to be or if you would like to be added to the list. If I missed anyone that should be on the list, I apologize, just let me know. There should be enough to go around once this batch is done. Thanks!
Dan

knucklefunger
2000man
Scifi67
Hollis DZC
dls712
Murderofcrows71
Indiana Fett
Velvet Morning

'Tis the season to buy Chevy Fa La La... you know how it goes.

They're ready. I got 20 more castings to cover the 12 people listed below the picture, and if there's anyone else not listed that wants one, please contact me via PM. If you're on the list below, you'll get a PM with payment instructions.

This new batch is in a different color resin as pictured below. The same deal goes as with the first batch. The only difference this time is that the neck isn't drilled out. You will be getting an unpainted, unfinished head. Unfinished means it could use some cleaning up, mostly around the mold seem at the back of his head and hair. The price will be $35 + $2.00 for First Class Shipping, or $5.00 for Priority shipping. If outside the US, $5.00 for First Class International.

attachment.php

And, here's the list:
knucklefunger
2000man
Scifi67
Hollis DZC
dls712
Murderofcrows71
Indiana Fett
Velvet Morning
Might_Jabba
Deckard
Chouzi
MonkeyandApple
rockbottom

I've sent PM's to all on the list below. Please confirm if you wish to purchase the head as I have not received responses regarding your intentions. Please at least contact me by the end of the day Sunday, or I'll offer them up elsewhere. I don't have plans to make anymore of these beyond this batch. The current mold was spent, and would need to have another one made if I intend to do so, but not likely. Thanks for those who have purchased their heads so far.
Dan

knucklefunger
Hollis DZC
dls712
Indiana Fett
Velvet Morning
Deckard
Chouzi
Rockbottom
Scarbrs
Sladesuperagent

is casting one in clear resin possible id like to do a "memoirs of an invisible man" with the particial make up on his face

is casting one in clear resin possible id like to do a "memoirs of an invisible man" with the particial make up on his face

That's a great idea. I'm thinking of using this sculpt and an extra Venkman head I have and doing a couple Caddyshack customs of Carl and Ty.

Back